Prometheus

BlueLion.

The prequel to the Alien saga, though not an obvious start to the series. This film is what sci-fi should be about. Fuck Avatar, this is about war and extermination...

If it's even half as good as either of the first two Alien films, it'll be outstanding.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The prequel to the Alien saga, though not an obvious start to the series. This film is what sci-fi should be about. Fuck Avatar, this is about war and extermination...

If it's even half as good as either of the first two Alien films, it'll be outstanding.

Ridley Scott, FTW!!

Well its going to essentially be a tenser, darker and grittier version of Avatar. Except this is going to explain the origin of the alien character, which is awesome :D The idea is that the Space Jockeys created the xenomorphs to defend themselves from the Yautja (the Predators, hence the link) and also from humans.

• 2 weeks later...

Well its going to essentially be a tenser, darker and grittier version of Avatar. Except this is going to explain the origin of the alien character, which is awesome :D The idea is that the Space Jockeys created the xenomorphs to defend themselves from the Yautja (the Predators, hence the link) and also from humans.

they are lookin to find the genesis of humanity or sth like that right?

when is this releasing??

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Saw this movie, was class. So if anybody are familiar with the Alien films see spoiler below.

It is indeed a prequel to Aliens but they are as well going to make a sequel to Prometheus, where Shaw and David locate the Engineer's planet and try to find out more about the Engineers and the creation of the human race and why they wanted to destroy earth. My theory is that, in the beginning, when you see the engineer drink the black goo and fall into the water, he was marooned on planet earth long ago, tried to kill himself and accidentally dropped the goo, thus creating life on earth, and i think the engineers did not want them ever created and evolve. The Black goo breaks down than re-creates life. has aggressive and rapid effects on whatever it comes in contact with, it eventually breaks you down then rebuilds as some form of new life thats hyper aggressive...the maggots got totally covered so they became big old facehuggin monsters, the geologist gets his face in it so it breaks him down and only physically effects his face when rebuilding him, and when the main guy drinks it, its a small amount so its slowly breaking him down form the inside out, but he dies before this happens...BUT he has sex with his baron girlfriend...his mutant sperm dies off, rebuilds itself on a cellular level, and RAPIDLY GROWS (just as the xenomorphs quickly grow) inside of her... she gets it out before its to big. The planet they landed was indeed not the planet from Alien. Instead, another theory, the engineers got infected and tried to escape, left the planet to a new one, last engineer dies with the alien bursting out, thus starting the alien franchise. That big monster thing near the end fighting the engineer was the first evolved form of that spider thing that comes out the eggs in the future alien films. The Gods, or Engineers, IMO are indeed, wait for it, ancestors of the Predators, as they are from the same universe and the ending hinted a "AVP" moment . Can't wait for the sequel.

Caught it in 3D. Overall...visually stunning...but pretty weak storyline and ridiculous characterisation. Two sequences were outstanding however, recalling the body horror of the first one. I'd say it was an interesting diversion, but nowhere as smart or thought-provoking it thinks it is. I'd rank the excellent District 9 above this.

Caught it in 3D. Overall...visually stunning...but pretty weak storyline and ridiculous characterisation. Two sequences were outstanding however, recalling the body horror of the first one. I'd say it was an interesting diversion, but nowhere as smart or thought-provoking it thinks it is. I'd rank the excellent District 9 above this.

Thanks bro. BTW what did you think of Noomi Rapace? I can't recall seeing her since I watched the Girl w/ the Dragon Tattoo Trilogy

Thanks bro. BTW what did you think of Noomi Rapace? I can't recall seeing her since I watched the Girl w/ the Dragon Tattoo Trilogy

She's pretty decent, not as good as how she was in Tattoo, and nowhere as compelling as Siquerney Weaver's Ripley. But decent nonetheless. The real star of the show is Fassbender.

She's pretty decent, not as good as how she was in Tattoo, and nowhere as compelling as Siquerney Weaver's Ripley. But decent nonetheless. The real star of the show is Fassbender.

Thanks for your analysis. I plan to see this flick in a couple of days :)

I saw the flick last night. I thought it was freakin' kewl. Wish I had more 3D moments. Like when they went into the Engineer's Ship. Also I thought Rapace did a damn good job. Same w/ Fassbender. Plus Guy Pearce...He was freakin' Peter Weyland :o damn good make-up job on him. I could not tell. Again, I was entertained & they setup the pursuit for the Engineers pretty good.