Axel Witsel

Nic!

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Mikel has been terrible in the past few games, I hope he can step it up. Essien was looking alright in pre-season, lamps still not good enough and Romeu is still too come.

However, Witsels versatility and playing style could be exactly what we need to reach that balance. Always giving 100% and could add that aggression in midfield to complement and ease; Hazard, Oscar and Mata's defensive responsibilities.

i think were in need of a decent dm and i think he would suit us perfectly. Hopefully him or tiote but for some reason rdm believes lampard and mikel are a good enough cm partnership when theyre clearly not. cant remember the last game we actually controlled the match

Mikel has been terrible in the past few games, I hope he can step it up. Essien was looking alright in pre-season, lamps still not good enough and Romeu is still too come.

However, Witsels versatility and playing style could be exactly what we need to reach that balance. Always giving 100% and could add that aggression in midfield to complement and ease; Hazard, Oscar and Mata's defensive responsibilities.

yeah but it would be him and rambo to help ease their lack of defense responsibilites, but hazard is not in that group for me, he is very good at chasing back ball when he feels it was his fault or even in just regualr play.

axel is exactly the rodwell type only more finished product.

but if we want to replace mikel with almost 30mill target

imagine price for lamps replacement--good thing we got KDB!

yeah but it would be him and rambo to help ease their lack of defense responsibilites, but hazard is not in that group for me, he is very good at chasing back ball when he feels it was his fault or even in just regualr play.

axel is exactly the rodwell type only more finished product.

but if we want to replace mikel with almost 30mill target

imagine price for lamps replacement--good thing we got KDB!

I've seen Witsel play as a midfielder, attacking midfielder and a right winger. He is so versatile and still manages to maintain such a high level of performance. Also I'd say Oscar has the best defensive awareness of the aforementioned trio but that's why our pivot has such a responsibility. We can't hold the ball like Barca but have players who are of that frame. Essien has been alright pre-season but we need a consistent beast in the mould of Witsel or even Fellaini that could help us control a midfield again. It's been too long since we've done that!

From a last 4 defeats a concerning problem has been our inability to keep a balance and I think a lot of that is down to the pivot with Lampard who still loves to run forward leaving Mikel with a big responsibility that he hasn't been able fulfill. Either they start working in the tandem of a few seasons ago or somebody is going to lose their starting place. For me both of them aren't anywhere near there best, and age isn't on Lampard's side so he's going to have to learn to look at his place in the starting eleven realistically.

For so many reasons I think Witsel would be perfect, he embodies the quintessential definition of a complete midfielder. However we face stiff competition from Madrid and United. Rumors have also calmed down from our links to him but I hope we don't let him go to United or Real so easily.

@Eviltwinz93, he's belgian case closed.... nah but i agrre with your drift.

when the season ended, we al came here and said we need what (expensive cm (luka) or expensive winger(hulk)) and this was after the hazard signing. we got another CAM (oscar) and although i like the idea, it didnt adress any of our needs now did it? we gota hope that axel stays one more season there so we can be in the chase next tranfer window but if things heat up now we are fukin doomed! this is when i goo back to roman's meeting with scheinsteiger and hope it benefits us in near future.

your right, i dont think we can boss anybody in terms of possesion. but if vs wigan we can muster 60% and do that continuously vs lower teams then all is good in my eyes and it all comes down to finishing. but if vs the munich's barca's and madrid's of the world if we decide to counter-attack then thats fine as well only thing is that we'd need a more than capable dm who can pas ahead oh himself instead of behind 70% of the time. and that where axel will be really needed.

If Mata and Hazard are going to play in the same team we might as well play 2 defensive midfielders as they offer no defensive cover at all. I'd be up for having Mikel and Witsel in the same team. May look negative but Witsel offers something in attacking anyway from set plays etc plus he is a decent passer of the ball who doesn't always go backwards constantly like Mikel (evidence: both games vs us in the CL). Also its not like they are the same player, they actually complement each other very well. Mikel is better at interceptions and distributing the ball, Witsel is much more aggressive and hard in the tackle compared to Mikel. Plus Witsel is much more mobile than Mikel.

If Mata and Hazard are going to play in the same team we might as well play 2 defensive midfielders as they offer no defensive cover at all. I'd be up for having Mikel and Witsel in the same team. May look negative but Witsel offers something in attacking anyway from set plays etc plus he is a decent passer of the ball who doesn't always go backwards constantly like Mikel (evidence: both games vs us in the CL). Also its not like they are the same player, they actually complement each other very well. Mikel is better at interceptions and distributing the ball, Witsel is much more aggressive and hard in the tackle compared to Mikel. Plus Witsel is much more mobile than Mikel.

I'm confused. You do know Witsel is a offensive player right? Though he does get back and help out defensively.

Can't stand our midfield really ..Mikel is just shit and Lampard, well the fella is 34 ...The last time we controlled a game against half decent opponent was ??Like 2-3 years ago, thats just sickening to watch.We only won CL because of our great defence and ofcourse king Didier.But we got all the time owned in midfield, same old Chelsea crap football since Carlo's second season.We need atleast 1 world class player in that double pivot and neither FL or Mikel are close to that right now.

Can't stand our midfield really ..Mikel is just shit and Lampard, well the fella is 34 ...The last time we controlled a game against half decent opponent was ??Like 2-3 years ago, thats just sickening to watch.We only won CL because of our great defence and ofcourse king Didier.But we got all the time owned in midfield, same old Chelsea crap football since Carlo's second season.We need atleast 1 world class player in that double pivot and neither FL or Mikel are close to that right now.

Lol. Typical plastic fan.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You