Axel Witsel

Nic!

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has any reputable source reported we're actually interested?

Sigh..no.

Someone here said Corriero dello Sport is unreliable and the other source was Metro.

I am waiting for Rob Beasley to give us the KO punch (again).

Every media outlet in Italy is a joke. Hopefully they keep the trend going this time too. 34m is too much for a player that didn't develop at all since his move from Benfica. Charles Aranguiz is a better player atm, coming off a superb Copa America, hitting his prime and on his way to a new final (Copa Libertadores). Plus he's been a part of one of the most exciting teams South America has seen in the last decade, Sampaoli's Universidad de Chile.

2015 was injured Ramires... Hoping for a return to the real Rami.

Actually after 2012 his performance down the hill since then. Yes he is very unfortunate with injury last season which make it looks even worse. Hopefully he could regain his old form. I don't think Witsel coming will harm his place though. RLC just promoted and still not convincing and Mikel will be gone.

Hazard Costa Pedro

Fabregas Matic Witsel

when away would be interesting

A terrific solid team!. Absolutely "Mou style". Have all, balance on the midfield, creativity, ability, goals and hard work to the 100%.
I hope that we can get it! With this starting XI, we can fuck any team.

This guy is a bit of an unknown player, I doubt anyone here have seen him live more than 5 times including myself. However for 35m euros I would certainly hope he is good as that is the type of fee you pay for someone that is in top 10 in the world in their position. Can't really go off statistic and highlight either because he is a CDM and not an attacking mid.

Lets just hope he turns out to be a Willian/Matic and not Afonso Alves/Zhurkov

Actually I would bet there are a ton of people on here that have seen him more than 5 times, myself included. Now I have not seen many of his club games since he's gone to Russia, but have watched him plenty of times for Benfica and the Belgian NT. (by the way, there are a lot of Belgian members on this forum, so I don't understand why you would think anybody would have seen him play)

And just to let you know, he's not really a defensive mid. Much more of a box to box of sorts. He can do a job at defensive mid, but he is better when he has a little more freedom.

Sure, some of us have seen him in many games! I was even in the stadium the day he broke Wasilewski's leg...

But don't judge him on that action. It was just a black page in his career book. IMO he never ever intended doing that. It was just clear bad luck.

About his game:

• Witsel can play on the 6, 8 or even 10.
  • He has always been the first name on the teamsheet in the NT. If you see the other names... you surely have to give him credit for that. Every single coach we had starts his line-up with the name: Witsel => so definitely a coach's favorite type of player.
  • He's an excellent ball winner! Great recuperation game... also almost never looses a ball in possession.
  • He has great technical abilities + can score goals
  • He's actually the perfect guy to play just behind the creative #10
  • He gives the midfield a lot more 'body'. His strength and 50/50 ability gives you a powerful yet classy DM

Must say lately he also get criticized by us, belgian fans. The reason is not that he's playing badly or make mistakes... He just seem to slow down our NT's game a lot these days. With Eden, KDB and Naingoilan next to him... You have the feeling he's always on the brake compared to the others (this might also be the task he gets...).

But then again, Chelsea is not playing so quickly as our NT in transition these days... So this might not be a problem.

Also this is actually the only 'weakness' I could think off atm. He's really an excellent DM who gives himself for the full 100% every game! You will love his determination. His heading ability, ball recuperation and his technique! Can also play as a CM or AM when needed!

So surely I can see why coaches, also Mourinho, like this kind of player!

Get in there Axel!!

You never know how quickly things can go... But if he signs... you can go tell your friends how to correctly spell his name!

Whi(pped cream) + Sel(ma) => Just the way you would pronounce this. The only thing you still have to is add a T in between!

Whi + T + Sel

Good luck boys! Now go and brag to your friends :ph34r:

13145.jpg + Selma-a-Patty-Bouvierovy-original.png

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You