Axel Witsel

Nic!

We're in for him by the look of things. Will do a job, but not what I was hoping for.

Exactly the first thing we need actually, Mikel is good at being a defensive midfielder but when it comes to holding the ball up , passing or attacking :rant: awful,really awful. There have been many games where due to Mikel's inability of any attacking work has cost us. To get someone who can do the same defensive work but would be better than him at attacking should be and probably is a priority for Mourinho. Witsel is really the right choice

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly the first thing we need actually, Mikel is good at being a defensive midfielder but when it comes to holding the ball up , passing or attacking :rant: awful,really awful. There have been many games where due to Mikel's inability of any attacking work has cost us. To get someone who can do the same defensive work but would be better than him at attacking should be and probably is a priority for Mourinho. Witsel is really the right choice

We are swapping a backup HG player for a foreign one. I personally would prefer Song. Upgrade on Mikel, knows the league, will cost much less and is HG.

P.S. Mikel isn't as bad going forward as you think. Watch him play for Nigeria and your opinion will change quickly. We play him as a DMF and instruct him to break up play instead of creating chances.

We are swapping a backup HG player for a foreign one. I personally would prefer Song. Upgrade on Mikel, knows the league, will cost much less and is HG.

P.S. Mikel isn't as bad going forward as you think. Watch him play for Nigeria and your opinion will change quickly. We play him as a DMF and instruct him to break up play instead of creating chances.

Mikel isn't HG. Becoming an English citizen didn't make a HG one

Mikel isn't HG. Becoming an English citizen didn't make a HG one

I thought I read somewhere in this forum that he was classified as HG. I guess I stand corrected, if that's incorrect.

Just couldn't help my self I'm sorry but "I don't like him" is not a good argument!

Np, I just meant I don't think he's a good player and really not the type of player we should be looking for.

I was going to add this to my previous post but had to do something else [emoji14]

He lost his chance to really glow when he fucked off to that shit league in Russia, look for the brighter stars and join a top rank club in Europe instead of settling for mediocrity.

Have to agree, took the easy road instead of pushing himself to the next level by joining a Russian team. It's a rare combination, his amazing defensive capabilities with a more than descent technique, just feel whenever I see him play that i'm watching a slowmotion replay of a game.

Nevertheless Mou got the sloppyness out of hazard's game and imo brought Matic to a higher level, Witsel is the same rough diamond.

Good signing if he ups his game

Bad signing if he continues the way he's at zenit and the NT.

Have to agree, took the easy road instead of pushing himself to the next level by joining a Russian team. It's a rare combination, his amazing defensive capabilities with a more than descent technique, just feel whenever I see him play that i'm watching a slowmotion replay of a game.

Nevertheless Mou got the sloppyness out of hazard's game and imo brought Matic to a higher level, Witsel is the same rough diamond.

Good signing if he ups his game

Bad signing if he continues the way he's at zenit and the NT.

May be too late for him to improve.

May be too late for him to improve.

I dont think he is tbh. He only plateau-ed (or how do you call it) last year. He did damage for the NT, he was the so regular (still is). He became a good disciplined player. So why would Mou want a good disciplined, reliable pivot player (Either the 6 or 8) who can do it, but hasnt had a chance to prove it (besides the NT). Besides, he can hold a ball like Chuck Norris can kill a guy. Plus he gives a very decent threat forward (he was one of the most talented amc's of the belgian squad).

Shit changed once he killed Wasilewski's leg though........

http://youtu.be/_BB4gSvyc4I

He became much, much more carefull. Im sure Mou can get him to Matic level very quickly.

I dont think he is tbh. He only plateau-ed (or how do you call it) last year. He did damage for the NT, he was the so regular (still is). He became a good disciplined player. So why would Mou want a good disciplined, reliable pivot player (Either the 6 or 8) who can do it, but hasnt had a chance to prove it (besides the NT). Besides, he can hold a ball like Chuck Norris can kill a guy. Plus he gives a very decent threat forward (he was one of the most talented amc's of the belgian squad).

Shit changed once he killed Wasilewski's leg though........

http://youtu.be/_BB4gSvyc4I

He became much, much more carefull. Im sure Mou can get him to Matic level very quickly.

wasyl.jpg?maxheight=380&maxwidth=568&sca

Wasyl, absolute legend

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You