Axel Witsel

Nic!

Too good, and more importantly too expensive, to sit on the bench.

Central midfield is an area we more than have covered. Unless one of Cesc, Matic, Ramires or Mikel wish to leave, we should be spending the money elsewhere.

Our midfield was overpowered against the better teams. Additions are needed

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too good, and more importantly too expensive, to sit on the bench.

Central midfield is an area we more than have covered. Unless one of Cesc, Matic, Ramires or Mikel wish to leave, we should be spending the money elsewhere.

More than covered? in the big games Mourinho doesnt play with Cesc-Matic in the pivot, so he plays with average players such as Ramires or Mikel (or Zouma in DM), so how is it well covered? it is awfully covered imo, its our biggest disadvantage in the squad.

Right now we have four CMs on 2 positions, thats enough, but the thing is that Mikel has to go, he has to go to make place for a new CM, someone who is also better than Witsel imo.

And if it wont happen i see no reason to think we're going to improve next season.

"Spending the money elsewhere"... RW is also important, you could say that, but we're short of options to really improve what we already have. Not the same case in Midfield.

More than covered? in the big games Mourinho doesnt play with Cesc-Matic in the pivot, so he plays with average players such as Ramires or Mikel (or Zouma in DM), so how is it well covered? it is awfully covered imo, its our biggest disadvantage in the squad.

Right now we have four CMs on 2 positions, thats enough, but the thing is that Mikel has to go, he has to go to make place for a new CM, someone who is also better than Witsel imo.

And if it wont happen i see no reason to think we're going to improve next season.

"Spending the money elsewhere"? what is more important than this? RW? you could say that, but we're short of options to really improve what we already have.

We need a good alternative for both Cescy and Matic cause we were buggered when either of them were missing. I'm sorry but Id lose both Mikel and Rami. We need more creative players.

According to reports in France, Mourinho will exert pressure on Mendes to bring his other client Witsel to Stamford Bridge. (Express) #CFC

Chelsea are keen to bring Belgium international Axel Witsel to Stamford Bridge. (Evening Standard) #CFC

Mourinho has a passion for Witsel & would plan to sell Oscar, presumably to Juventus and in turn transfer €25-30m to Zenit for Witsel. (TMW)

#CFC scout De Visser: "Currently, this [Witsel] is not on the agenda..But what is not, can come. The interest may increase" (Het Nieuswbald)

Very limited player, I would say he is bad version of Matić :)

You just can't (or shouldn't) play with Witsel - Matić in central midfield. You need one player who is holding midfielder (big, strong, good tackler, jumpy - Matić) and one who drags forward, who is main creative player of the team (creativity, passing, ball control, vision, hard work, tackling - surely not Witsel). Fabregas is too weak for this role and if he plays nr.10 and Witsel - Matić are behind him, he won't get much time on the ball. What we need is more creative and hardworking midfielder like Pogba or Schneiderlin. Witsel is too expensive to be backup for Matić. Zouma can take this role or if we bring Pogba/Schneiderlin they surely know how to play restrained role in midfield without going forward too much and with Fabregas/Ramires/RLC alongside :)

Mourinho has also been alerted to the possibility of signing Belgium international midfielder Axel Witsel. #CFC (Telegraph)

#FCB want £5m for Alex Song, while #Zenit are demanding around £23m for Witsel. #Juve have already had a £15m bid rejected (Telegraph) #CFC

Witsel is likely to want to be sure he'll play a large # of 1st-team games ahead of Euro 2016, which could be a problem for #CFC (Telegraph)

Mourinho wants greater strength in depth in the centre of the pitch, but a new signing has to compete with Matic & Fabregas (Telegraph) #CFC

According to @RusFootballNews, Axel Witsel, is close to finalizing personal terms with Chelsea ahead of a summer move. #CFC #Zenit

The deal would cost #CFC about £18m and Witsel is keen to recoup the £120,000/week wages he currently earns in Russia (via @RusFootballNews)

Well, Matic was sitting on the bench for a year because of Witsel.

Because they brought Witsel for around 7M, one of their highest transfer fees and their highest transfer fee of summer 2011. Matić was for free ... when Witsel made way for Matić they won league, both domestic cups and double time runners up in Europa league.

Chelsea have been offered the chance to sign #Zenit's Witsel for £22m but face fierce competition from #Juventus. (Evening Standard) #CFC

Mourinho tried to sign Witsel earlier when he was in charge at Real, but he joined Zenit from Benfica for £28m in 2012. (Evening Standard)

Because they brought Witsel for around 7M, one of their highest transfer fees and their highest transfer fee of summer 2011. Matić was for free ... when Witsel made way for Matić they won league, both domestic cups and double time runners up in Europa league.

Stilll, I wouldnn't say Witsel is limited or one dimensional. He is quick, energetiic, he can score, his tackles are nice. Fábregas-Matic-Witsel in the middle would be amazing.

Very limited player, I would say he is bad version of Matić :)

You just can't (or shouldn't) play with Witsel - Matić in central midfield. You need one player who is holding midfielder (big, strong, good tackler, jumpy - Matić) and one who drags forward, who is main creative player of the team (creativity, passing, ball control, vision, hard work, tackling - surely not Witsel). Fabregas is too weak for this role and if he plays nr.10 and Witsel - Matić are behind him, he won't get much time on the ball. What we need is more creative and hardworking midfielder like Pogba or Schneiderlin. Witsel is too expensive to be backup for Matić. Zouma can take this role or if we bring Pogba/Schneiderlin they surely know how to play restrained role in midfield without going forward too much and with Fabregas/Ramires/RLC alongside :)

I dont see a big difference in Witsel and Schneiderlin, when it comes to their style of play.

I dont see a big difference in Witsel and Schneiderlin, when it comes to their style of play.

I do. Witsel retains the ball a lot better and it's almost impossible to take the ball from him. Schneiderlin can be easier dispossessed, but Schneiderlin offers more offensively. Witsel usually plays it safe, with wide passes.

Schneiderlin is better. Schneidelrin has much better distribution, tackling and strategic sense. Witsle is more like a like for like replacments for mikel. has some skill and strength but ponders too long on the ball and has close to zero productivity.

except schneiderlin is a more action guy. Wins tons of tackles and can boss the midfield... Witsel is a good replacement to Mikel but not exactly a midfield boss

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You