Billy Clifford and Jacob Mellis banned from Cobham

I never really knew much about him. How good is he? How good can he become? It'll be a shambolic decision if he turns out to be world class and comes back to bite us.

The kids not very smart, it must be said. Throwing around smoke grenades in a post 9/11 world :doh:

He's an average midfielder. He'll do fairly well in the Championship, might get the chance to play in the EPL later on his career. Don't think he'll ever become world-class.

In recent times, the only youth we've sold/let go who might become close to world-class is Fabio Borini. As for Sinclair, Stoch..who knows, maybe they could of patched up our problems out wide.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The kids not very smart, it must be said. Throwing around smoke grenades in a post 9/11 world :doh:

They brought it back from a paintball game between the reserves and the academy, the video is available on the club's youtube channel

But yeah it's not very smart.

Sounds like a scapegoat in this whole incident. Wasn't Billy Clifford who brought the grenade in?

Buisness matters at the end of the day.

Mellis has no future at the club, Clifford has a little future depending of the evolution of the right back position and maybe the midfield one. Anyway he wouldn't be the only player to be a bit or really stupid, but it's not what really matters.

Contract hasn't been terminated, it's just been mutally canceled. So I think both part saw an opportunity to stop the relationship. Bad faith people would say that it's what Mellis eventually wanted

What an idiot!

For anybody questioning Chelsea's decision to sack him, ask yourselves no matter how young or old you are, if you were to set off a smoke grenade at your workplace for 'a laugh', would you expect not to be sacked.

I know Chelsea, amongst other clubs receive a lot of flak for not enough youngsters coming through but you do have to question the attitude, application and desire of some young players nowadays. Particularly when a player like Mellis who has done nothing yet in his career, would have been earning somewhere between £5-10k per week.

What an idiot!

For anybody questioning Chelsea's decision to sack him, ask yourselves no matter how young or old you are, if you were to set off a smoke grenade at your workplace for 'a laugh', would you expect not to be sacked.

I know Chelsea, amongst other clubs receive a lot of flak for not enough youngsters coming through but you do have to question the attitude, application and desire of some young players nowadays. Particularly when a player like Mellis who has done nothing yet in his career, would have been earning somewhere between £5-10k per week.

It's harmless. We used to throw stink bombs all the time in college, the senior management had a laugh with it. It depends on the culture of your work place. Ashley Cole brings a rifle and shoots a kid, gets a slap on the wrist, it makes sense the these 2 thought it was just in the nature of the club.

It's harmless. We used to throw stink bombs all the time in college, the senior management had a laugh with it. It depends on the culture of your work place. Ashley Cole brings a rifle and shoots a kid, gets a slap on the wrist, it makes sense the these 2 thought it was just in the nature of the club.

Stink bombs and smoke grenades are completely different. Setting off a smoke grenade has caused the fire alarms to be set off, an evacuation of the building, and the likelihood of a call out of the fire services. It's just plain stupid. If they want something to do, how about going back onto the training pitch for another half hour to practice and bust an ass to improve themselves!

I do understand your point though on Ashley Cole. The example must be set from top down, and unfortunately we've had our fair share of players over the recent few years who have brought negative publicity to themselves and the club.

Ashley Cole's an untouchable so he got away with it. I really hate this untouchable culture around our club; no one is bigger than the club, not even Terry, and those lucky enough to be part of the untouchables can do as they please with no fear at all of punishment or discipline.

Ashley Cole's an untouchable so he got away with it. I really hate this untouchable culture around our club; no one is bigger than the club, not even Terry, and those lucky enough to be part of the untouchables can do as they please with no fear at all of punishment or discipline.

It's not just at our club though.

I remember there was an LFC youngster and on the Hillsborough anniversary there was a capture of that player messing around, having a laugh with another team mate. He was subsequently kicked out the club for that. This'd be fair enough, till you consider Luis Suarez's incident.. -_-

• 2 weeks later...

I bet in two years, he will be one of better players in PL...he has that talent and skill, earned here. all he has to do is play...and then...Mellis on wanted list by Chelsea, but City might snap him, because of Chelsea untrust in him, when younger...