The Roberto Di Matteo Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully di matteo will try things. I can't see us getting 4th with Arsenal finding their form but who know. Di Matteo will hopefully play the young players to give them experience, after all they are the future!

There is more than a fair chance of us getting fourth if the Yids slump continues, Now that would be funny :lol:

There is more than a fair chance of us getting fourth if the Yids slump continues, Now that would be funny :lol:

:goodpost:

That's why loosing to WBA was very bad.

Let's see if the players react after AVB is gone.

Cause it seems to happen all the time. The new manager effect.

:goodpost:

That's why loosing to WBA was very bad.

Let's see if the players react after AVB is gone.

Cause it seems to happen all the time. The new manager effect.

The new manager effect? .. not quite.

AVB's uninspiring low-rent errand boy is now in charge, do you think the players give a fuck about his history at chelsea?

Fully behind Robbie. Good luck to him. It's not going to be easy as its clearly obvious who has the power in this club, maybe the players will actually give a shit now as they have a second chance to be here next season (even though most of them dont deserve to be) under a new boss. I'm just praying he has the players respect. Robbie is a legend & it would be disgraceful to see him treated as badly as most managers have.

There is NO CHANCE that the players actually respect him. If there are good results, it's PURELY because they want to celebrate the ousting of AVB and send the "message" that they have won. Like TX said, what makes you think that the players give two shits about the things that RDM has done at the club

They got the head of the boss, I don't think his assistant will try to fuck with them. Roberto, you better do as they say if you don't wan't to get any trouble.

You've been handed a tough job. Good luck, you'll need it.

If I was di Matteo, I'd be in the know of who was causing trouble. Then I'd terminate their contracts at the end of the season, after watching them rot in the reserves for two months. I hope he comes down on them like a tonne of bricks.

If I was di Matteo, I'd be in the know of who was causing trouble. Then I'd terminate their contracts at the end of the season, after watching them rot in the reserves for two months. I hope he comes down on them like a tonne of bricks.

He has nothing to lose. Just can't see it happening though.

There is NO CHANCE that the players actually respect him. If there are good results, it's PURELY because they want to celebrate the ousting of AVB and send the "message" that they have won. Like TX said, what makes you think that the players give two shits about the things that RDM has done at the club

:clap:

I'd like to see a bit of backbone from RDM, it can go one of two ways, he just becomes a yes man and keeps the players happy or he makes his impact by changing things around dropping the players that have too much power & don't deserve to play & earns himself the job next season.

I can see him becoming a drunk like Ferguscum after he's done with this job. Shouldn't haven even taken the job to be honest. It will only ruin his reputation.

Expect him to age dramatically too. AVB aged terribly in 6 months.

I siad that AVB will probably try and be their best friend and basically suck up t them in order to prevent more mutiny, but coming across this article in the Telegraph brought up some interesting statements

His man-management style at West Brom was widely considered to be “hands-off” and his relationship with the players was not regarded as particularly close.

It was said that, while some players respected Di Matteo’s analytical approach, others resented what they perceived as a cold aloofness. It was undeniable, though, that Di Matteo was decisive and got most of his big decisions right.

His subsequent appointment at Chelsea owed more to his impressive past as a player (five trophies from 1996 to 2002) than his relationship with Villas-Boas.

There were rumours earlier in the season — strongly denied by Di Matteo — of tension in his relationship with Villas-Boas.

There has also been suggestions that, like Villas-Boas, he has not proved especially popular with the players. How he now approaches the job will be fascinating.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9122665/Chelseas-new-caretaker-Roberto-di-Matteo-has-respectable-track-record-on-which-to-to-fall-back.html

Well following that post, I'm going to risk facing a huge wrath by posting an article from the Sun that uses the classic "insider" source, but fuck it with the circus that is going on...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4172707/Blues-stars-hate-Di-Matteo-even-more.html

Blues stars hate Di Matteo even more