Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

When I say Alli's goal today, I immediately thought of Loftus-Cheek. That could be him in England if he was given opportunity in Chelsea. I hear claims from people that have been clearly brainwashed by Jose's comments regarding RLC not being ready. For me it is a joke. Are you telling me that he is not 'ready' to start for a team that is almost in the relegation zone with most of its midfielders not performing? Let's not forget that Loftus-Cheek has been one of our best players whenever he has played.

This is to prove that not only the greatest youth generation of this club but also a group of players who just won the Champions League in their age group is being wasted by the rotten attitude of the man in charge.

I don't share the opinion that Ruben has been one of our better players whenever he has appeared but let's not argue about that, it'll get us nowhere and we'll end up agreeing to disagree anyway.

Given that I've been complaining about Ruben's lack of industry, both in possession and out of it, since around the the time of the Di Matteo to Temp handover, any accusation of brainwashing would be silly.

Back then I was asked to compare the chances of Ruben and Jeremie. I said that Jed was a 50-50 shot but that Ruben had virtually no chance unless he bucked his ideas up and that what he needed most of all was a kick up the backside. I was frustrated that last summer it was still necessary for Jose to administer that kick. Frustrated not so much with Ruben as with his coaches. I've acknowledged that Ruben may have had several kicks in private but they clearly hadn't worked. Hence the need for the public one.

I like Ruben and I love his talent. I'm desperate that he should make it. I just wish we could inject him with some of Kennedy's hyperactivity. If we could Ruben would be the first name on the team sheet, but since we can't Ruben has to find it within himself. He has to stop waiting around for the game to come to him, as he did once again before being subbed for England's 21s the other night. He has to get more involved in play. When he does something good he has to bust a gut to get on the ball again and dominate, not drift like he often does.

At least we'll probably see him vs Makabi in mid week, right? Or we'll probably be all out for the three points so he isn't ready there too. This is the only thing I question Mourinho for. I'd understand if we have off form tactical and technical players that are amazing on their day( Fabregas, Matic, Oscar), but when Ramires is eating his playing time or Mikel, I'd rather commit.

Maybe he is not ready to face the mighty canaries for a six points match. The pressure would be too much for this young lad. Good call from the special one.

Not ready? But Kennedy can play? LOL

Just sell him, for his good. Jose like always only talk and do something else.

Board will only realise what we had when he will shine for another club. They never learn from their mistakes wankers.

Its a great mystery ,, they leave the best coach in the world and suddenly become better players ...It MUST be what he teaches them .