test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tobey Gibson

Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Started by Tobey Gibson,

1,953 posts in this topic

I believe there is (well there has to be, we need English talent very badly due to the HG rules) but because the manager is trying to save his own ass by going with the tried and tested (Cesc, Oscar) - RLC isn't getting any proper chances due to this.

Lets not put it all down to the manager. While I agree Ruben needs to be getting more of a look in with Fabregas looking so poor, its also up to Ruben to show he is on the level of his peers in order to push his way in.

I still remember Sturridge who went away to Fulham, tore it up, and struggled to get a shirt at Chelsea. Some say it was down to attitude, I'm not sure what it was but clearly Chelsea want high quality homegrown players not just guys that show flashes of brilliance.

Having said that come january Ruben better be getting more game time or I will lose it.

Thendo and LDN Blue like this

The best thing for him is to find a good loan, and, if were possible, a loan with another Premier League team because for him it is good to continue his evolution in the pace of the Premier League.

But, as I said before in this thread, Valencia in Spain, with Gary Neville as his coach, could be a good place to RLC. Gary Neville knows English football and every coach (except Jose) can see Ruben Loftus-Cheek as great player for the future. And Ruben Loftus-Cheek IMO could have a spectacular performance in La Liga.

In England I would look for a mid-table team where Ruben Loftus-Cheek could take minutes. When this guy may have enough minutes to prove who he is I am sure RLC is going to surprise the world.

Nathan Ake was smart and he is now having a good season with Watford and perhaps Aké can be with us next season. Hopefully RLC can do the same.

Jose was gone and we still see mikel coming on ... :(

What do you think when Holland was on bench? Hiddink get first match in this weekend.

Then why are the 21s doing so badly?

because all our half decent ones are loaned out getting higher level football and gaining the experience for the staff at Chelsea to assess whether they can cut it at the highest level...is that the right answer?

LDN Blue likes this

What do you think when Holland was on bench? Hiddink get first match in this weekend.

yes. My point is that the coaching staff feel the same way and they are the ones informing Hiddink.

Ppl tend to blame too much on the manager when much is shared withe the coaching staff.

I think Iva will start for sure and would like to see less of Mikel and more of RLC, but Mikel is in the roster - beats me - so he needs minutes too.

Very good performance today from this young lad. Had the ball pretty much and controlled it well. Too bad that pass didnt went all the way. Looking forward to see him start next game!

:Goober:

I've kept quiet on RLC but I can't do it anymore. He gets too much love for the very, very little he's shown in his career. Is he talented? Sure. But a big talent? No evidence to support that. I do agree with the argument that he at least deserves a chance but some are making it start to sound like Verratti is on the bench.

I still think he needs to go. Send him to a club for two years, let him prove himself and assess the situation after.

Supporters are so separate to see youth with some its got the point they want a teenager more than if they are that good.

We could have a 17 year old Mancienne here and some people will have a meltdown if he doesn't start.

Stats likes this

I've kept quiet on RLC but I can't do it anymore. He gets too much love for the very, very little he's shown in his career. Is he talented? Sure. But a big talent? No evidence to support that. I do agree with the argument that he at least deserves a chance but some are making it start to sound like Verratti is on the bench.

I still think he needs to go. Send him to a club for two years, let him prove himself and assess the situation after.

This. I also never regarded him as a BIG talent. He isn't bad but in his youth days he got constantly outshoned by of Boga and Musonda and he is certainly not as good as some people make him out to be.

Supporters are so separate to see youth with some its got the point they want a teenager more than if they are that good.

We could have a 17 year old Mancienne here and some people will have a meltdown if he doesn't start.

Haha Mancienne. What happened to him? I vaguely remember him playing for Hamburg.

I remember when Van Aanholt was the new Marcelo. It got so bad that I couldn't visit his thread anymore. Now he's barely good enough for Sunderland.

And that little Englishman... Don't remember his name. The new Steven Gerrard. Connors or something.

Tomo likes this

This kid needs some serious guidance. He needs to be playing football every week. If you are good enough you will return to the top level - he should have faith in his ability.

Leave and don't look back.