Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

Look at Zouma last season, he didn't have much minutes at this time and was getting eased into his role at the club tactically and mentally and this season has played every game before tonight.

Patience, his time will come if he carrys on like this.

I pray you are right

Lad deserves to start :)

I pray you are right

Lad deserves to start :)

We don't need to over play him, if he has similar minutes to Zouma last season and makes similar strides in development then that will be a roaring success on the RLC score.

He probably won't start much this season, but we need to see the bigger picture.

Look at Zouma last season, he didn't have much minutes at this time and was getting eased into his role at the club tactically and mentally and this season has played every game before tonight.

Patience, his time will come if he carrys on like this.

Zouma had the luck that Cahill and Terry started to look weird.Their partnership was not that good anymore,so Mou decided to give him a chance.Obviously,he took that chance brilliantly,but to be honest,I do not see that luck happening to RLC.

Mou only gives him chances against the very weak teams and even if he plays well,Mou brings Mikel or Ramires on from the bench when we play against PL teams.That is kinda sad because he did not play bad this season.Even in pre season,he was the one who played good,even though he just played one match if I remember correctely.

We all know that Mou does not bench the players he loves.Cesc will not be benched because we rely on his creativity.Matic plays the no.6 role and he is of course better that RLC in that position.Oscar is a player that will not be benched for RLC because Mou loves him and his attitude.

There is no room for RLC right now.I do not know how many good performances RLC has to give to be in the starting line up in the PL in a competitive match.Yes,he played last year,but that were matches which were unimportant.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek's progress is already impossible to stop. I do not know if he could be our starting eleven next week, but I'm sure he will have a similar process like Zouma. At the end of the season Ruben Loftus-Cheek can be fully consolidated in our starting eleven if he continues this progression.

Loftus-Cheek is not going to be abandoned in the road. Jose is going step by step with him carefully but I think Jose is aware that he can create one of the best midfielders in the next decade.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek is our present and our future. RLC is the guy.

We don't need to over play him, if he has similar minutes to Zouma last season and makes similar strides in development then that will be a roaring success on the RLC score.

He probably won't start much this season, but we need to see the bigger picture.

You can't look at both cases the same way, every case is different. Every player is different, one progresses faster while others go slower.

RLC is playing wonderful football and he has momentum, should be given more minutes.

This kid has looked fantastic! Still not ready to play big minutes in big games but DEFINITELY ready to play against the likes of Newcastle, Villa etc. He looks so lovely going forward and when he gets a head of steam he has a deft touch. Its extremely hard to feather perfect passes when running at top speed but Ruben makes it look effortless.

I want to see him win more tackles and make himself available for the ball more.

So you're a fan now?

i have loved his performances this season.

and like i said in the match thread, "and people were trying to convince me that the 2/3 performances he gave us after we won the PL were "good enough" should watch him run the show."

compared to what he did against maccabi and walsall, those end of the season performances were nothing. and i simply called it as it was. a poor performance against wba was called as exactly that, instead of sugar coating everything.

This kid has looked fantastic! Still not ready to play big minutes in big games but DEFINITELY ready to play against the likes of Newcastle, Villa etc. He looks so lovely going forward and when he gets a head of steam he has a deft touch. Its extremely hard to feather perfect passes when running at top speed but Ruben makes it look effortless.

I want to see him win more tackles and make himself available for the ball more.

All of that will come - as @Tomo says he's on the same development path as Zouma.

Yes I want to see him more - but do understand the need to bed him in gently. That will be more beneficial in the long run :)