Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

He's had 2 seasons under Mourinho and got alot more chances than Mata and KDB after bad performances. Mourinho was already replacing them before the season even began (buying Willian, and saying Oscar was his N10).

But if he's such an untouchable, why is he being treated like a second rate player? If you go by Mourinho's actions and not his words, Oscar is the opposite of an untouchable. He is touchable. Like, really. Cutie.

He did well... but I was expecting some will, you look at for example Medran for Madrid and he had his opportunity and tried a lot more, chase the ball everytime. I think that is a little worrying for a player at the age of 17 to be so passive since this can be the only opportunity he has this season..

6 months ago I said exactly the same in here... when everyone was telling how increadble he was.

It's not normal to have a 18 year old player in his debut and he doesn't run in defense. I think I never saw something like it. Even Crsitano when playing for Sporting run all the pitch trying to help. With this kind of behaviour he won't go that far.

Against Sporting he had 2 good moments and at the end played well, in this 2 last games he showed almost nothing.

RLC has the quality in his football to be a really good player, and more important has the physical attributes that makes it easier for him to reach the top level. But if he doesn't want to work he has no chance.

Fully agree with Mou. RLC is in a spot where there is nothing for him to do in the youth teams so he has to show full commitment on the pitch when he gets the chances. I too wrote after the WBA game that while he clearly has potential, his work rate was far from impressive. Hopefully Ruben takes it the right way and works very hard during the summer, and if he does not then he needs to be put aside for other youngsters who are prepared to give more.

I don't get it. IF Mourinho really wants commitment, tracking back and defensive solidity then he has Colkett and Musonda who have impressed in those areas far more than Ruben ever has. Ruben has problems with stamina and tracking back since forever. Why oh why he has to be so BIASED over the size of the kid I really don't know. He has brilliant tactical aware kids near him, it's easy solution ...

problem is that people actually believe all these kids are going to come onto first team and become starters for the team...

It's not realistic, especially for a team like Chelsea..

Madrid is a harsher situation, but the kids coming from there actually become really good players elsewhere.

One thing I'm sure now that Mourinho went for size in RLC. He moans about his lack of commitment when he has brilliant tactically aware kids next to him. But they are not 6"4' :( :(

thats why we would never sign Messi ,, only one dwarf in our team and thats Hazard but he has an arse bigger than Ivos

I see 3 issues here. First off, condemning your player (especially young players, who most likely lack the mental toughness to deal with such "tough love" like some describe it, is unneccesary and often does more harm than good. Jose could have laid into him and said the exact same thing privately.

Secondly,it was a meaningless Post season friendly and it's absolutely normal and common practice for players to play such matches with the level of intensity that reflects its importance. He should have been cut some slacks, not because laziness is an attractive trait to be tolerated but because it's unrealistic to expect Players to take end of the season, meaningless friendlies, seriously.

Thirdly, rlc has never been a high work rate player. Even in the youth and reserve team, he's never been the type to run tirelessly off the ball. Jose surely must have recognised this and should have chosen more tactically aware and industrious players from the academy instead if that's what he demands.

Haven't said that as a young player or professional footballer for that matter, you are paid to do a job and the least that is required of him is effort and commitment. He is at the stage where he should be trying to impress the manager and justify the fate he's shown in you.

Both parties are at fault here.

Nah fuck him. The manager should give every player a right bollocking for not living up to the standard of the manager.

Thats what makes Mourinho the best. Hes given RLC a boot, his arse is in a sling, up to the kid now...

Nah fuck him. The manager should give every player a right bollocking for not living up to the standard of the manager.

Pretty much. He's not a baby, if he doesn't like the treatment Jose gives him he should leave Chelsea. He's not Hazard, even if he doesn't normally have high workrate, he better start to. Hazard, Cesc, and Oscar have always had high workrate? No. They added it to their game, just like RLC has to, if he wants to play for Chelsea.