Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

Solid game. He was always going to play it safe on his first start. Thought he did very well in terms of pressing and interceptions at the start of the second half.

Take out Cesc and the level of technique and comfort on the ball of centre midfield becomes midtable level. Even Cesc becomes very erratic in his distribution when his form drops. I find that worrying and I have a very hard time believing Chelsea can compete in the three major competitions with a similar approach. That's just my opinion of course. But if things don't turn out well next season, the club and the manager have no one to blame.

I honestly think you're putting too much weight on the performance of one player. We've managed plenty of brilliant plays this season that did not involve Cesc.

Step by step. RLC has been at an appropriate level but he looked a little nervously because he is his first day. But he has made an acceptable game but in a position that (IMO) is not the one where he is most comfortable. I would like to see With Matic the two upcoming matches.

Zouma at first I was also a bit nervous and is now a different player and fully consolidated. RLC only need minutes to be gaining experience.

Today was not his best day, but I continue betting very hard for him. Just today the match has been developed without allowing him stand out and demonstrate their quality. But in the next game, without such exigency and in another position, RLC will play better and go slowly consolidating.
Step by step.

Regards.

Yes he was nothing impressive. Get over it. One of the worst performances of any number 8 in the last 2 years, even Matic playing in the number 6 many times offers a ton more in attack than he did.

He has a lot of time to improve, it's just one game and he will get more oportunities, but today this was not good.

He was playing in the number 6 role.

This.

Solid game. He was always going to play it safe on his first start. Thought he did very well in terms of pressing and interceptions at the start of the second half.

Hopefully Mourinho gives him a little bit more freedom though in the upcoming games. Felt his play was somewhat restricted.

If Pogba plays as a number 6 and his freedom was shackled he wouldn't have much influence going forward either.

Are we talking about Pogba? I thought this was the Loftus-Cheek thread?

I just want to see Ruben do well, he was bang average and looked like he was out of his depth a bit... First game but lots to learn

If Pogba plays as a number 6 and his freedom was shackled he wouldn't have much influence going forward either.

He didn't play number 6, he played number 8 in the doble pivot, like we always do. You just have to compare what Ramires, Fabregas or even Matic (in the number 6) usually do in our midfield to see that this was not good enough.

But if you want to fool yourself about it, just do it. I'm ok with it. He played as good as Mikel, but the only problem is that the job o Mikel is mainly to do that, and the job of the number 8 is different.

If this is an OK performance I think we should have Ramires forever with us because compared with this he is world class.

He didn't play number 6, he played number 8 in the doble pivot, like we always do. You just have to compare what Ramires, Fabregas or even Matic (in the number 6) usually do in our midfield to see that this was not good enough.

But if you want to fool yourself about it, just do it. I'm ok with it. He played as good as Mikel, but the only problem is that the job o Mikel is mainly to do that, and the job of the number 8 is different.

If this is an OK performance I think we should have Ramires forever with us because compared with this he is world class.

This was not good enough? I love Ramires, but this was not a performance that made Ramires look world class. Talk about fooling yourself.