Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

13 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

And the club send a email with the headline friendly was a success.. Erm no! It bloody wasn't in this case 

I'm not sure who is conducting the PR at Chelsea right now but they want fucking sacking.

It's like rubbing it in and nothing short of a piss take.

7 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

At least RLC is a young, physical beast and had never any problems apart from back problems. I am sure that he will be back to his best after six months.

He might well be but until then, we have a midfield hole to fill...what are we gonna do? Buy someone? Use someone from academy to fill in till then?

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Out fot 4-6 months then. Well done, Chelsea! :doh: 

I just hope he comes back without any permament issues. Same with Odoi.

What concerns me more than the length of their recovery is Chelsea reaction.

For all we know those two wont get a chance or will get two or three games to show their worth and then we ditch them if they dont perform. 

This season, they established themselves perfectly because other players were out of form. If Pulisic, Kovacic,...+ whoever we buy get their ground running, no manager will bench them for Odoi or RLC which would be a real shame. 

If we buy lets say Ndombele this summer, RLC can pack his bags and leave the club unless he wants to be sub forever.

These injuries came at the most terrible time. Hopefuly board reacts smart and keeps both in the long term picture and by this I mean give them serious trust and game time once they return.

1 minute ago, BlueLyon said:

I just hope he comes back without any permament issues. Same with Odoi.

What concerns me more than the length of their recovery is Chelsea reaction.

For all we know those two wont get a chance or will get two or three games to show their worth and then we ditch them if they dont perform. 

This season, they established themselves perfectly because other players were out of form. If Pulisic, Kovacic,...+ whoever we buy get their ground running, no manager will bench them for Odoi or RLC which would be a real shame. 

I think this would depend on who the manager is. They've both proven themselves to Sarri now and I think he would be waiting for them with open arms next season.

If it was Lampard or an English based manager, again I don't see an issue as both have enough hype around them on these shores and are both England internationals.

If we brought somebody from abroad in though with limited knowledge of them both, there's every opportunity they start back at square one.

26 minutes ago, Jason said:

He might well be but until then, we have a midfield hole to fill...what are we gonna do? Buy someone? Use someone from academy to fill in till then?

Regardless to be a top team who wants to compete in multiple competitions we need to improve the squad, look at City had very good CBs already went and signed Laporte. Had Sterling, Sane, Silva already went and signed Mahrez. Thats what we used to be like, had Lampard, Mikel, Makalele, Essien already and then signed the likes of Ballack and Deco. 

Dont think we can guarantee the likes of CHO and RLC anything like okay you will play every week. Same with Andreas. If we signed a top level winger, top level midfielder and top level centre back it would not only improve the first 11 but the squad because we would shift some of the crap out. 

Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

I think this would depend on who the manager is. They've both proven themselves to Sarri now and I think he would be waiting for them with open arms next season.

If it was Lampard or an English based manager, again I don't see an issue as both have enough hype around them on these shores and are both England internationals.

If we brought somebody from abroad in though with limited knowledge of them both, there's every opportunity they start back at square one.

I think it also depends on if we are able to buy new players. If we are, RLC is in big trouble because Sarri would buy big time. If not, RLC should be fine. Lamps knows RLC and is probably a fan of him. Mount can replace him til then and then Kante-Mount-RLC (if Mount is any good).

9 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Regardless to be a top team who wants to compete in multiple competitions we need to improve the squad, look at City had very good CBs already went and signed Laporte. Had Sterling, Sane, Silva already went and signed Mahrez. Thats what we used to be like, had Lampard, Mikel, Makalele, Essien already and then signed the likes of Ballack and Deco. 

Dont think we can guarantee the likes of CHO and RLC anything like okay you will play every week. Same with Andreas. If we signed a top level winger, top level midfielder and top level centre back it would not only improve the first 11 but the squad because we would shift some of the crap out. 

Yeah but often giving faith into these under development players pays big time.

Kovacic was way more established player than RLC at start of season but thankfuly RLC got the chances.

If we bought quality CM or winger, he might be better right now, but if CHO and RLC get play time and develop as expected, they will be quality for the next 5-10 years. 

And they are youth products, they often show more passion for the club, especialy nowdays.

Mahrez at City is nice example. He is a good player, but if Pep gave that playtime to Sancho, he would likely get top player for the next 10 years. 

But more than anything, I dont trust the club can bring and attract actual quality players. I rather keep faith in Odoi and RLC than bring some expensive inconsistent players like Willian or Kovacic.

I am so f***ing pissed off. I have never been this filthy with the club before (and that’s saying something). Why on earth are we playing dumb exhibition friendlies on terrible pitches in the USA right before we are playing for a European trophy???? 

I shit you not, when I saw our lineup for this game my piss started to boil. WHY? Roman should just donate the chump change in his wallet to charity and not risked our best players on a shit heap gravel pitch.

The ironic thing in all of this is instead of the game being talked about promoting anti-semitism, the biggest talking point coming out of the game is RLC's injury, so as a result the anti-semitism message from the game has gone largely ignored.

7 hours ago, Jason said:

Mount and Barkley till the start of the year should be capable.

7 hours ago, Vybz Kartel said:

His career is done for. He will miss a year and will need another one just to get back to this level by that time his closer to 27 and we know Chelsea dont wait for anyone. Such a shame

What? He is 23. Will most probably be back in action by the end of this year (6-9 months). Which would make him 24 (23rd Jan bday). 

So he will take 3 years to get back to his level? I honestly doubt it

I expect him to play a decent part in the 2nd half of the next season. And be a major part for us for the coming future.

I have so many insults in my head right now it would take me days to write them down, it's fucking shocking what has happened to this lad, hands down the brightest thing to happen this season and probably only one of the very few people I was looking forward to seeing next season in a Chelsea shirt. Now he is out for some time because of some meaningless friendly that could have easily been played during pre season or not even played at all in the end no one gives a damn bar some fuckers in the board that think they can improve the image of the club by playing some shite football matches like this one. No, you improve the image of the club by playing CL play off stages every season and challenge for the league title, not by bringing Marcos Alonso and Willain in the US

What happened to him is tragic but that doesn't take away the progress he made this season. 

Safe to say he has been the best midfielder alongside Kante this season and is a should be a more regular starter going forward. Hopefully, Callum and Ruben sign new contracts. The two seem to get along well and could be part of the new core at the club.