Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

On 2/25/2019 at 7:56 PM, BlueLyon said:

Should be ahead of Barkley and Kovacic whenever he is fit. 

Lot of skill on the ball and very strong. Could be devastating for opponents when he hits a run of games. 

Atleast Barkley not sure on Kovacic (he's more defensive) ...  Barkley has got ample opportunities this season to prove himself and he has been just average ... RLC has shown more hunger than Barkley when given a chance, think it's high time that RLC gets a look in ahead of Barkley. Atleast now the standard change of subs has to be Kovacic out RLC in instead of Barkley. 

Loftus-Cheek Proud of Chelsea Sticking Together

http://chelseafconline.com/2019/03/loftus-cheek-proud-of-chelsea-sticking-together/

This is kinda shit we need in bucket loads going forward imho, culminating in a hopefully a JT+Lampard manger dream team 2/3 years down the line and build a true long lasting destiny!

1 minute ago, communicate said:

Get healthy and LCM is his position to lose. 

Honestly I hope we would of gone into the market for another LCM in January. Ruben if he gets fit gives himself a chance but I still dont feel hes the player to nail that position down. One little flick and pass vs Man City in a cup final and one assist v Dynamo Kiev doesnt make up for what has been a rather ordinary season for him.

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

Honestly I hope we would of gone into the market for another LCM in January. Ruben if he gets fit gives himself a chance but I still dont feel hes the player to nail that position down. One little flick and pass vs Man City in a cup final and one assist v Dynamo Kiev doesnt make up for what has been a rather ordinary season for him.

If we want to develop our youth we need to give Ruben a chance. 

I think Ruben has good potential for this team, with kante and jorginho we lack height and physicality. I thought Ruben provided that today. 

3 minutes ago, communicate said:

If we want to develop our youth we need to give Ruben a chance. 

I think Ruben has good potential for this team, with kante and jorginho we lack height and physicality. I thought Ruben provided that today. 

True but physicality isnt something Kante lacks either. For a small guy he is a very combative physical player. Again Ruben for me is still a mystery,  due to playing various positions I dont think hes shown a huge amount at CM. Injured or not, still doesnt make it any easier to figure out what he would actually offer other than that physicality and height because is he a better dribbler than Kovacic? No. Is he a better at winning the ball back than Kante? No. Is he better at passing than Jorginho? No. He doesn't even have a huge amount of goals to say hes offering that. Hes not even matched any of Barkleys performances from earlier this season, although neither has Barkley. Like I said one little turn and pass vs City and one assist v Kiev doesn't make me overly confident regarding him playing that role in the long run and if we hadnt been banned for 2 windows LCM would be a position personally I would expect us to stregthen.

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

True but physicality isnt something Kante lacks either. For a small guy he is a very combative physical player. Again Ruben for me is still a mystery,  due to playing various positions I dont think hes shown a huge amount at CM. Injured or not, still doesnt make it any easier to figure out what he would actually offer other than that physicality and height because is he a better dribbler than Kovacic? No. Is he a better at winning the ball back than Kante? No. Is he better at passing than Jorginho? No. He doesn't even have a huge amount of goals to say hes offering that. Hes not even matched any of Barkleys performances from earlier this season, although neither has Barkley. Like I said one little turn and pass vs City and one assist v Kiev doesn't make me overly confident regarding him playing that role in the long run and if we hadnt been banned for 2 windows LCM would be a position personally I would expect us to stregthen.

Kante is maybe very good at  winning the ball but he is very small. Physical duel is not his strength. 

I much rather spend the money on fb/CB. But we need one more if we don't sign kova permanently 

45 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

You can't cherry pick attributes and comparisons to select players to support your argument against RLC.

All I know his end product so far this season, considering his limited playing time, is superior to most our midfielders barring Kante.

He has more confidence to drive into the box, and with our midfield we are really lacking in that department.

Is he the long term solution? That I can't admit

For me it has to be a rotation between him and Barkley for the starting spot, as needed.

Kovacic should be 3'rd choice for LCM, and a backup for Jorginho. Kovacic for all his supposed dribbling ability, rarely drives into the box, and plays the safe option. That's my biggest complaint against Barkley too. For his early season form, he should have pushed on from there, but he seems to lose confidence when we play anything close to PL quality opposition. I hope he doesn't start against Everton. He would be in for a pasting.

1 hour ago, kellzfresh said:

Fantastic player. An absolute gem, our own yaya toure.

Yaya's carreer boosted after 23-24, hopefully Ruben will live up to the hype too :) But it was great to see him and CHO killing it, even if it's Dynamo Kiew, going step by step.

Been warming up to RLC since the start of this season..

Especially when he came back extra early for pre-season to fight for his place. Always keeps his head down. Has never kicked up a fuss when playing here, despite all the pundits and their dogs making claims.