Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

1 hour ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Are we still talking about the same Ruben Loftus-Cheek here???

The kid is 21! 

Fuck off with your high expectations and pressure. He has LOADS of time to figure it out... 

Verratti was 19 went he went to PSG. Oscar was 18 when he came here. Julian Weigl is 21. Pogba was 19-20 when he was a regular at Juventus. 

Do you see what I'm getting at? 

Yeah, he can turn out to be good, EVENTUALLY. At the moment, he's behind Chalobah and isn't even getting a sniff in. 

Better to cut our losses and make room for a better player. 

5 hours ago, -Kaplan- said:

Verratti was 19 went he went to PSG. Oscar was 18 when he came here. Julian Weigl is 21. Pogba was 19-20 when he was a regular at Juventus. 

Do you see what I'm getting at? 

Yeah, he can turn out to be good, EVENTUALLY. At the moment, he's behind Chalobah and isn't even getting a sniff in. 

Better to cut our losses and make room for a better player. 

All it takes is a chance and some confidence on the players part... He has all the physical tools to succeed. Some of you are hilarious with your analysis, but even funnier with your stubbornness when proven wrong. I've seen it enough with all the people on here who claimed Lukaku will never be anything decent anyway... Seems like he came around, yet they're still chirping. 

3 minutes ago, Thor said:

All it takes is a chance and some confidence on the players part... He has all the physical tools to succeed. Some of you are hilarious with your analysis, but even funnier with your stubbornness when proven wrong. I've seen it enough with all the people on here who claimed Lukaku will never be anything decent anyway... Seems like he came around, yet they're still chirping. 

Heskey had all the 'physical tools' and currently RLC looks like that may be his eventual level. 

Lukaku is not decent. His wiki stats for his goal record completely contrast what Everton fans say about him. He gets constant abuse week in week out, and all he'd be good for here is being a poacher sub which if we prayed, may get a goal sometimes when we're losing and start pumping the ball forward.

Well with some fat Spanish waiter bizzarly thinking RLC is now a winge and The Don reckoning his future is as a striker I'm just wondering whether we could use him in gioal when Tibo leaves us.

RLC is our own fault for overhyping him and paying him too much money. Hes been thrown into the limelight with all the media and 'wonder boy' potential pressure that goes along with it.

Its near on impossible for youth to get playing time with us so even tho the loanagoround system isn't perfect at least he would be getting his skills fine tuned and getting experience having his arse kicked by hardened defenders and staying match fit.

I'm not sure if he will make a PL player. He seems very Bambi on ice like to me. Akward looking. But maybe if we do decide to sell him theres some buy back clause - just in case!

5 hours ago, Thor said:

This is professional football. You expect a club as large as Chelsea to sit around and coddle the player because he "might" come good some day? 

ICYMI, we did that for Torres. Or are you in the group that thinks Piazon might still be the next Kaka? 

• 2 weeks later...

Literally every game before today he's been terrible, and rightly slated for his lack of lungs, lack of motivation, lack of skill. Don't judge him as beyond decent just because he wasn't awful vs. a League One side. You can't take anything at all from a game like this even if a player scores 6 goals himself. 

5 hours ago, Leif said:

Literally every game before today he's been terrible, and rightly slated for his lack of lungs, lack of motivation, lack of skill. Don't judge him as beyond decent just because he wasn't awful vs. a League One side. You can't take anything at all from a game like this even if a player scores 6 goals himself. 

What? If there is one thing that RLC doesnt lack, is talent, and that was on full display today. He also had quite a few great performances, against Man city last season,Maccabi in the CL where he was the MOTM and completed 12 dribbles.

He is more than capable of playing for us, i just wish we stopped playing him as a CF and started to play him in midfield like we did today

This season has been a complete waste as far as hes concerned. Its not benifited him nor us. IF a kid is going to be on site trained and not loaned out (like Happy was) then hes got to be gradually put in the side.

Hes very young so if hes not let his ego believe all the BS hype theres veen about him and he takes his time and train hard then he might make a go of it. But right now I just see Bambi on ice most of the time.

But get ready for a big  slagging off by everyone not Blue with an opinion. 

• 3 weeks later...

There are three remaining days before the transfer window close, we should not waste time and sell him... And when it is done, we shall bring him and his agent to the Court because he is stealing £60k per week.

Does he even want to play football ? I mean he looks like a ten years-old kid who is forced by his parents to play a sport he does not like. There is no dynamism, no will, no spirit, no effort, no commitment... One can indeed question his will to play football. In anyway, even the referee has more dynamism in him !

It is pretty clear that this *kid* has nothing to do in top level football, I truly hope that the board finally comes to realization because we have spent too much time and money on him these last three seasons or so ; and he is blocking the path for youngsters who are clearly better than him — for instance, it would have been more gainful if it were Musonda that was granted this crucial playing time.

There are three remaining days before the transfer window close, we should not waste time and sell him... And when it is done, we shall bring him and his agent to the Court because he is stealing £60k per week.
Does he even want to play football ? I mean he looks like a ten years-old kid who is forced by his parents to play a sport he does not like. There is no dynamism, no will, no spirit, no effort, no commitment... One can indeed question his will to play football. In anyway, even the referee has more dynamism in him !
It is pretty clear that this *kid* has nothing to do in top level football, I truly hope that the board finally comes to realization because we have spent too much time and money on him these last three seasons or so ; and he is blocking the path for youngsters who are clearly better than him — for instance, it would have been more gainful if it were Musonda that was granted this crucial playing time.

He ain't going anywhere right now.

I'm not his biggest supporter, but I thought he was really good today. Made excellent probing runs, for Fabregas to pass the ball, and involved in a lot of goal scoring opportunities. Not going to complain too much about his 'selfish' shots at goal, especially when we're 2-0 up against lower league opposition at home.