Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

Secondly,it was a meaningless Post season friendly and it's absolutely normal and common practice for players to play such matches with the level of intensity that reflects its importance. He should have been cut some slacks, not because laziness is an attractive trait to be tolerated but because it's unrealistic to expect Players to take end of the season, meaningless friendlies, seriously.

Thirdly, rlc has never been a high work rate player. Even in the youth and reserve team, he's never been the type to run tirelessly off the ball. Jose surely must have recognised this and should have chosen more tactically aware and industrious players from the academy instead if that's what he demands.

I might agree with the public thing, although it's the Mourinho method : going to the extreme.

But as for your second point, Mourinho said that RLC is exactly the type of players which needs to show full commitment in this kind of games since he is a starter on the team, the thing is, if even in these games Matic and Hazard show more desire than you, there is a problem.

Finally, that's again the Mourinho method, he's not taking tactically aware players and just putting them into the team, since he came back here, he's taking gifted players and making them work, improving their weaknesses which includes work off the ball, the method has worked brilliantly with Hazard and Willian, and I feel that RLC is tough enough mentally ( mostly by his body language from what I've seen so far ), so I guess José knows what he's doing on this one.

He doesn't do that to everyone, he could've smashed Filipe for his lack of defensive efforts compared to Azpi on the start of the season, but he didn't, he could also slam Fabregas publicly week in week out for that, I trust him on this one, I guess he gambles, but knows there are more chances it does RLC good than harm.

Of course, I do accept it. I just think it was a bit unneeded, especially at this dead-rubber stage of the calendar.

I hope he does rise to it though, this could make or break him.

I think its also the managers way of sending out thinly veiled messages to certain players and the new up and coming ones.

He has also stated before about individuals who seem to lose a little focus by seemingly (in Jose's eyes) being misled by their 'hangers ons' and 'advisors' and RLC certainly falls in this category with his alleged entourage.

A nice little message for RLC to take away with him for the summer.

Hopefully for him and us he takes it the right way and tries even harder when he returns to Chelsea training

Every opportunity a fringe player gets to impress the manager must be met with hard work and enthusiasm. It shouldn't matter if it's a friendly, cup or league game. When mikel is cited for working harder than you and covering more space that is a problem.

At least now he knows you don't go in front of Jose mourinho and give a half assed performance. He's in the squad but to get playing time he needs to work A LOT harder.

Hello everyone!

I just saw the match against Sydney FC and I want to say a few things.

1. I think that everything said by Jose about Ruben Loftus-Cheek are just mind games to motivate RLC for next season and he does not think already got everything done. RLC has to use these words to return in the preseason with the intention of fighting for every ball as if it were the last. They are just mind games.

2. I believe that the party of RLC has many good things. First, RLC played in a more forward position, in No. 10 position. And I think he played better than in the other games where he played near Matic without taking risks. Honestly, I think that's the best position for RLC. In fact, I am delighted with its performance. An interesting tactic variable.

3. I understand what it says Jose with his words. In many plays RLC played yesterday with certain passivity, apathy or disinterest. As if he were a world star and not a young guy trying to find his place in the starting eleven. For example, Solanke fought every play like it's the last of his life. I think Jose has been clever with words to try to RLC do not miss the good course that was taking and he assumes that he has to fight every play like it's the last of his life.

For me, Jose has done a great favor to RLC with these words, and I hope that in ten years RLC can thank him for his words yesterday.

I'm calm with this. RLC will be angry now, wanting to start the preseason to show that he can play in the first team of Chelsea and close the mouth of Jose. Exactly what Jose pretended with his words. Perfect for everyone. MIND GAMES.

iTRxKPy.gif

By the way, I liked the performance of Nathan Aké as Left-Back. Although he seems overwhelmed by that position at times, it is true that every time he adapts better to that position, and with minutes this guy may have a great future in that position. It seems that he will go on loan to Boro, and I hope he can play in that position throughout the next season over 30 games, and so he can return in 2016 as an option for our left-back with Azpi as a right-back.

Regards.

I think its also the managers way of sending out thinly veiled messages to certain players and the new up and coming ones.

He has also stated before about individuals who seem to lose a little focus by seemingly (in Jose's eyes) being misled by their 'hangers ons' and 'advisors' and RLC certainly falls in this category with his alleged entourage.

A nice little message for RLC to take away with him for the summer.

Hopefully for him and us he takes it the right way and tries even harder when he returns to Chelsea training

I suppose so mate. Mourinho must have observed what happened to the likes of Josh McEachran et al & is taking steps to ensure the same doesn't happen.

By the way, I liked the performance of Nathan Aké as Left-Back.

I thought he was poor the way i saw it. Sydney almost scored seconds after Remy's goal... Plus the Sydney right winger found himself some space in a few occasions...

I believe that all these comments, both Jose, as Southgate, will help RLC to become a strongest mentally and correct any defect that he may have.

If Jose had not said what he said about RLC It is very likely that RLC had spent all summer thinking: "I am the best young player in England" and starting to believe a pop star, which would have been terrible for a boy young with so much future ahead.

But now Ruben will be extremely angry really looking forward to to start the U21 championship with England and the preseason with us to show Jose that he is the player who Jose had praised so much.

These mind games by Jose can make RLC be the next big thing of English football and our midfielder for the next decade. I hope and trust that RLC will seize this opportunity.

Regards.

Its a shame that not all "stars" react to criticism / benching the same way...