Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

Fabregas Matic will start all necessary matches.RLC in the less important matches. Ahead of Mikel. I think it's time to start trusting the youngsters a bit more. Wasn't that the whole point from the beginning? About integrating youngsters? I remember the promises Jose made in the beginning but he later clarified that he had to put the youth integration on hold saying that the first team needs to be consolidated first. Well, the club is getting there. League champions by a distance. Losing only 2 away matches.

I think next season, a couple more youngsters can make the step up. Ake, Loftus Cheek.

Youth integration will come but there is no way it will be forced down Jose's throat from the guys above him, he still knows he needs to win games and titles, he knows what we need to improve on, what the squad needs for depth. Hes saying Ruben will be a part of the squad next year, hes said Izzy Brown will play vs West Brom etc but these games are dead rubber games. He won't get rid of experienced players and rely on kids unless they are exceptional talents (like the sort of level Varane is).

Mourinho: Chelsea's best trophy this season is Loftus-Cheek!

Mourinho admits that “academies are a process”, but says that Loftus-Cheek has proven himself to be the finest graduate of the system in 2014-15, rating his emergence above the youth side's many title wins.

“It starts with the facilities but it ends with the co-operation between the academy and the first team. At this moment we are working well. The players are the best witness of that work and they feel it. We know we are going in the right direction,” he told reporters.

“This year, the most important title for the academy was Ruben, not the Uefa Youth League or the FA Youth Cup. It was Ruben: the best trophy. I’m excited but I keep emotional control. If I don’t I’d lose the players or help them go the wrong way but, yes, I am excited – but with stability. At this minute, that’s what they need.”

Mourinho has been tipped to strengthen his squad this summer, but he insists that any potential new signings will not block Loftus-Cheek’s path to the first-team.

“Maybe he’ll end up being better than anyone I buy and, if that is the case, he’ll play and the one I buy won’t,” he added.

He won't end up "better than anyone" Mourinho could buy, IMO, but I can realistically envisage him being of Michael Carrick/James Milner quality (no, I am not comparing them, I am simply saying RLC could operate as a very good squad player in a number of positions for us in the future) and end up being something of an underrated stalwart for us. Which is all I could ever want from an academy player, just to come into the side and stay there for a few years.

I'm usually very conscious about hyping youth players, but I think that RLC in particular has everything he needs to be a start and a key player for us in the future. If things go his way, I can see him becoming one of the best midfielders in the league.

Personally not a big fan of saying this, that and the other every two days. Let your actions do the talking. Give him chances and more importantly, persist with giving him chances even if he hits a rocky patch somewhere.

Carrick is hardly a squad player, he's probably the best holding midfielder in the league. The win ratio with and without him for United is ridiculous.

2nd behind Matic but yeah, Carrick is wildly underrated.

He is painfully average, unimaginative with his passing. He has to improve BIG TIME. He is so much better when he runs through with the ball. All of his impressive actions in youth football were coming with him sprinting.

He can't control games and can't create and that's the problem. When he has space he is gold.

I like Ruben and I'm happy that youth plays. But he hasn't played good and consistently since mid 2013/14 season and it's unfair that he is so hyped now when I can arguably name 5 players equal or better than him.

He is painfully average, unimaginative with his passing. He has to improve BIG TIME. He is so much better when he runs through with the ball. All of his impressive actions in youth football were coming with him sprinting.

He can't control games and can't create and that's the problem. When he has space he is gold.

I like Ruben and I'm happy that youth plays. But he hasn't played good and consistently since mid 2013/14 season and it's unfair that he is so hyped now when I can arguably name 5 players equal or better than him.

I find it kinda weird that José put's so much fate in Ruben, Brown and Aké. We have far better talents in our academy. He did play okayish today given the circumstances.