Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

I thought that about Matic

I liked Matic too. While he'd not ripping things up he's pretty quietly doing well at Benfica this season, and I do wish we had given him a chance, at the least, with us, as he never actually got that, just came in, played reserves, loaned to Vitesse and sold. Wouldn't swap him for Luiz as well of course, but he was a smart midfielder.

There were also problems with squad places TBF I think. First half of 11/12 season we had the full 17 over 21 non homegrown players.

Guest FullEnglishBreakfast

He'll have to be special to come near the first team that's for granted, but let's not get to far ahead of ourselves, we've got to focus on Josh and Nathan, at the moment.

He'll have to be special to come near the first team that's for granted, but let's not get to far ahead of ourselves, we've got to focus on Josh and Nathan, at the moment.

Well tbh RLC is a much better prospect than Josh from what I have seen. Both good technically, however RLC is three years younger and what him and Chalobah have over him is that they are better physically and slightly younger as well and as the years go by I reckon the development will show that the two aforementioned have passed by Mceachran in terms of overall ability.

Well tbh RLC is a much better prospect than Josh from what I have seen. Both good technically, however RLC is three years younger and what him and Chalobah have over him is that they are better physically and slightly younger as well and as the years go by I reckon the development will show that the two aforementioned have passed by Mceachran in terms of overall ability.

As good as both chalobah and RLC are on the ball josh when on form is on a different level technically but i agree that both of them are physically a lot stronger then josh.

Guest FullEnglishBreakfast

I think sometimes people forget what Josh is capable of technically. His passing is sublime. If only he could build from that, as he can't get by with one pillar.

I think sometimes people forget what Josh is capable of technically. His passing is sublime. If only he could build from that, as he can't get by with one pillar.

I don't think anyone forgets what he can do theoretically, but he seems to have problems doing it for the first-team.

Leif has also mentioned problems with his character and his tendency to let his head drop. Players like Chalobah and Loftus-Cheek play with their chest out which is why people are reminded of Ballack - Josh lets his shoulders slump and his head dip. That doesn't bode well for him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've heard a few wonderful things about RLC. He played well against the Mancs, I assume?

yeah he was beast. he even outmuscled toure once or twice and played good passes out to the wings fast. looks a ballack esque player