Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

39 minutes ago, Term-X said:

Considering we have 33 players on loan, the most the football world has ever seen in it's history, I think we could benefit from having at least one youth part of the squad.

well we got not even enough players on loan but our loan system is not the cause of us not integrating youth players anyway rather partly consequence of us not trusting young players.  

4 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juventus_F.C.#Out_on_loan

Bitch please. This is Chelsea wet dream, our biggest ambition and we're close enough 1 or 2 more seasons.

That is ridiculous though, and their best player comes from the United youth set-up. 

Good goal but a pretty average performance, I still don't see why he isn't on loan getting regular minutes and improving his pretty piss poor technique. He is a good player in terms of physical qualities but his technical ability is poor, I reckon Jose promoted him because he was ready physically. 

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Good goal but a pretty average performance, I still don't see why he isn't on loan getting regular minutes and improving his pretty piss poor technique. He is a good player in terms of physical qualities but his technical ability is poor, I reckon Jose promoted him because he was ready physically. 

I think his dribbling is decent, close control with ball at his feet is ok. But yes, overall ball control is not so good - receiving ball and his first touch. I find that more important for a central midfielder than his good dribbling ability, for example. Xabi Alonso and Kroos are the best examples of opposite thing, that's why they are so great. Lampard was something like that, too. Their first touch is great/good, and their second touch is mostly pass, rarely dribbling - they are not so great dribblers, and they don't even need to be. But I think he has that in himself, he is one fine player, just needs to work it out.

Anyway... I really hope that Hiddink sees that he cannot be a lot worse than Oscar. Should really give him more of this half-gamers.

Why don't try playing 'three towers' at the midfield

RLC

MATIC - MIKEL

Love to see it! despite lack of creativity as the consequence

16 hours ago, manpe said:

When's the last time an academy player scored for us?

15 hours ago, manpe said:

Oh Carlton :lol: Wasn't he supposed to be the next big thing for us too?

I know we bought Bertrand from another club into our academy but he did score one for us in 2012 - against Wolves in the League Cup.

If there truly is nothing more to play for this season, we really need to figure out what these youth products have. Ruben's physique and technical ability make for a mouthwatering combination especially when matched with his pace. The only thing lacking in his game is a natural feel for it, he doesn't really know where he should be and what to do when we're not in possession... In a lot of ways he looks like Pogba right before he went to Juve. We need to find a way to cultivate his football and not with a loan to Bournemouth.