Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

4 hours ago, manpe said:

Conte seems to favour 4-4-2 by what I have read. Let's imagine this is true, does he fit in a 2-man midfield? Who would you partner him with? Definitely not Fabregas, Radja or Vidal is a good shout though. If we start playing 2 in the middle, then I don't see a place for him unfortunately. He looks like a typical 4-3-3 player to me. What formation did Chelsea U21 play and what was his role?

I agree he does not fit in a 2 man mid, does cesc. Yet we keep committing suicide game after game. Conte played 3-5-2 at juve, hopefully he can prove as flexible here.

We used to play 4-3-3 with RLC. For example,, the 2013-14 youth cup finals against fulham had Houghton playing defensive midfield with colkett and RLC completing the 3. Dont think he has played any youth games after that. I may be wrong or mis-remembering though.

"It's always hard to lose at home. We came into the game with the aim to win and, like I say, it's hard, but we have to pick our heads up and go again because we've got another game soon."

"It's a tough mental challenge playing in any Premier League game, but especially against big teams like Man City. I'm always growing, particularly any time I'm outside my comfort zone, so I look forward to big games like this."

"Aguero has great ability and we saw that. He's got blistering pace and that's where we got done, on the counter-attack. It was a good experience for me to play against players like that. I am looking forward to playing more."

"We will go back to the training ground, put this behind us and train hard to try and get to our top level and hopefully give our best in those games. I'm sure we are all going to try and win them."

-Ruben Loftus-Cheek; Source: Chelsea FC

You are a 20 year old and watch the senior players of the team simply give up match after match, how do you think that impacts such youngsters like RLC, Kenedy, Traore. I just hope this week is a statement of intent by the club on how to deal with deadwood and freeloaders at the club.

6 hours ago, CurlyHairLikeLuiz said:

Him and Colkett.

Guus, set it up. 

And Palmer. The lad should get decent minutes next year because he definately has physicality, skill and most importantly mentality to step up. 

Im keeping hope that under Conte, some talents will get spotted. 

One interesting fact. Dele Alli from Tottemham Hotspur is 3 months OLDER than our Ruben Loftus Cheek. Alli was born in April 1996, and RLC in January 1996. Still, Alii is one of the best players in the League, and he is a candidate for that titulus. He plays a lot, he is in first 11 of the Spurs. And look at our RLC. He is maybe even bigger talent then Alli, but he has no chance to prove it. He doens't play how much he shoud. It's bad bab bad club's policy and manager's governing. Shameful :(

9 minutes ago, Caeruleus said:

One interesting fact. Dele Alli from Tottemham Hotspur is 3 months OLDER than our Ruben Loftus Cheek. Alli was born in April 1996, and RLC in January 1996. Still, Alii is one of the best players in the League, and he is a candidate for that titulus. He plays a lot, he is in first 11 of the Spurs. And look at our RLC. He is maybe even bigger talent then Alli, but he has no chance to prove it. He doens't play how much he shoud. It's bad bab bad club's policy and manager's governing. Shameful :(

3 months younger than RLC you mean then :rolleyes::D

14 hours ago, Stats said:

Only on here mate:

dyksqx.jpg

If I was on Fifa mate I'd have made it a flat 3 with RLC, Colks and Ake in. Personally that midfield can adapt to do or be anything.

I'd probably put Palmer on the bench as a weekly fixture too. Kid can smell goals.

Afaik, I'd also not be averse to buying one of the England fullbacks - Rose or Clyne would be ideal. Unfortunately, as hard to accept as it is, if we want anything but defensive fullbacks, it involves getting rid of Dave. And if we don't want to do that, then we've got a kid called Aina who reminds me of Ivanovic with his raw strength.

3 hours ago, Caeruleus said:

Yeah, and we have also Baker who was as good as Dele in MK Dons..

Im interested to see if bellion is ever happy with anything.

Happy the general opinion here is no different from mine. I would also like to adress that people claim Pogba is an unreal B2B, yet he does not have the workrate of a horse. He just has better stamina. So if Ruben can raise that, he'll be ready.

Just trust him. He looks good. And to be completely honest, I'd rather Ruben's sometime lazy, but physical, good short- passing self to Fabregas's off form.

After today's line up, I honestly hope he puts in transfer request. Kid your dream of being a lampard wont be possible because you will be dropped for players who have a higher market value. I love this kid, and hopefully he leaves before we ruin his career.

After today's line up, I honestly hope he puts in transfer request. Kid your dream of being a lampard wont be possible because you will be dropped for players who have a higher market value. I love this kid, and hopefully he leaves before we ruin his career.

4 minutes ago, lucio said:

as the youngest player in the team, you have to take the blame for the defeat, and get benched, even if you were our best performer.

:)) This actually made me laugh even at this situation. Pathetic situation. In all my years of supporting chelsea, I have never been so sad, angry and numb.