test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tobey Gibson

14. Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Started by Tobey Gibson,

1,832 posts in this topic

West Ham are in talks over a move to take Chelsea youngster Ruben Loftus-Cheek on loan until the end of the season. (Daily Express)

Good, that's his level. To even entertain the possibility that right now, he's anywhere close to the best midfielders in the Championship, would be lunacy. We've essentially been playing with a physically disabled guy when he's on the pitch. 

On 22/12/2016 at 11:36 AM, Leif said:

Good, that's his level. To even entertain the possibility that right now, he's anywhere close to the best midfielders in the Championship, would be lunacy. We've essentially been playing with a physically disabled guy when he's on the pitch. 

Hes never had the skills to be in the 1st team squad. Its purely because some big gob along with the board have hyped him as the answer to all our problems to use the academy like a feeder club. We pay him far too big a salary so he starts believing the hype. Now instead of being on loan and learning his trade, being kicked about by men not boys, hes collected dust and is totally game rusty.

We have Chalobah and Aina both trying,waiting for time and all RLC is doing is keeping another, more useful academy lad from progressing some.

You ca see now the healines when we do sell him saying our use of the academy blah blah and RLC is amazing blah blah. |So lets hope we make some money out of him and put it to some good use.

12 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Hes never had the skills to be in the 1st team squad. Its purely because some big gob along with the board have hyped him as the answer to all our problems to use the academy like a feeder club. We pay him far too big a salary so he starts believing the hype. Now instead of being on loan and learning his trade, being kicked about by men not boys, hes collected dust and is totally game rusty.

We have Chalobah and Aina both trying,waiting for time and all RLC is doing is keeping another, more useful academy lad from progressing some.

You ca see now the healines when we do sell him saying our use of the academy blah blah and RLC is amazing blah blah. |So lets hope we make some money out of him and put it to some good use.

I don't think its true that players only view clubs as jobs. Most do have an affection for their club and will do forever.
When they join another team it can be because of a variety or reasons, but when they join they have to perform to their best or they are breaching their contract with the club.

blueblood22 likes this

Put it this way, we'd be lucky if he turned out half as good as Walcott. 

His agent mugged us off by securing him £60k/wk. 

1 hour ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Are we still talking about the same Ruben Loftus-Cheek here???

The kid is 21! 

Fuck off with your high expectations and pressure. He has LOADS of time to figure it out... 

Verratti was 19 went he went to PSG. Oscar was 18 when he came here. Julian Weigl is 21. Pogba was 19-20 when he was a regular at Juventus. 

Do you see what I'm getting at? 

Yeah, he can turn out to be good, EVENTUALLY. At the moment, he's behind Chalobah and isn't even getting a sniff in. 

Better to cut our losses and make room for a better player. 

5 hours ago, -Kaplan- said:

Verratti was 19 went he went to PSG. Oscar was 18 when he came here. Julian Weigl is 21. Pogba was 19-20 when he was a regular at Juventus. 

Do you see what I'm getting at? 

Yeah, he can turn out to be good, EVENTUALLY. At the moment, he's behind Chalobah and isn't even getting a sniff in. 

Better to cut our losses and make room for a better player. 

All it takes is a chance and some confidence on the players part... He has all the physical tools to succeed. Some of you are hilarious with your analysis, but even funnier with your stubbornness when proven wrong. I've seen it enough with all the people on here who claimed Lukaku will never be anything decent anyway... Seems like he came around, yet they're still chirping. 

blueblood22 likes this

3 minutes ago, Thor said:

All it takes is a chance and some confidence on the players part... He has all the physical tools to succeed. Some of you are hilarious with your analysis, but even funnier with your stubbornness when proven wrong. I've seen it enough with all the people on here who claimed Lukaku will never be anything decent anyway... Seems like he came around, yet they're still chirping. 

Heskey had all the 'physical tools' and currently RLC looks like that may be his eventual level. 

Lukaku is not decent. His wiki stats for his goal record completely contrast what Everton fans say about him. He gets constant abuse week in week out, and all he'd be good for here is being a poacher sub which if we prayed, may get a goal sometimes when we're losing and start pumping the ball forward.

Peace. likes this

Well with some fat Spanish waiter bizzarly thinking RLC is now a winge and The Don reckoning his future is as a striker I'm just wondering whether we could use him in gioal when Tibo leaves us.

RLC is our own fault for overhyping him and paying him too much money. Hes been thrown into the limelight with all the media and 'wonder boy' potential pressure that goes along with it.

Its near on impossible for youth to get playing time with us so even tho the loanagoround system isn't perfect at least he would be getting his skills fine tuned and getting experience having his arse kicked by hardened defenders and staying match fit.

I'm not sure if he will make a PL player. He seems very Bambi on ice like to me. Akward looking. But maybe if we do decide to sell him theres some buy back clause - just in case!

5 hours ago, Thor said:

This is professional football. You expect a club as large as Chelsea to sit around and coddle the player because he "might" come good some day? 

ICYMI, we did that for Torres. Or are you in the group that thinks Piazon might still be the next Kaka? 

Here I am, on my computer, reading Wikipedia articles when Talkchelsea sends me a notification:

"Loftus-Cheek needs to go on loan"

Well, I knew that before 10:40 PM tonight.:lol:

Unionjack likes this

Ruben Loftus-Cheek could stay put in the transfer window despite several clubs wanting him on loan, according to Sky sources.

Showed so much talent today. Definitely needs a Lukaku type loan. 

Literally every game before today he's been terrible, and rightly slated for his lack of lungs, lack of motivation, lack of skill. Don't judge him as beyond decent just because he wasn't awful vs. a League One side. You can't take anything at all from a game like this even if a player scores 6 goals himself. 

every game he's been terrible? what? he was on the periphery of many games sure, but he looked promising far more often than "terrible"

5 hours ago, Leif said:

Literally every game before today he's been terrible, and rightly slated for his lack of lungs, lack of motivation, lack of skill. Don't judge him as beyond decent just because he wasn't awful vs. a League One side. You can't take anything at all from a game like this even if a player scores 6 goals himself. 

What? If there is one thing that RLC doesnt lack, is talent, and that was on full display today. He also had quite a few great performances, against Man city last season,Maccabi in the CL where he was the MOTM and completed 12 dribbles.

He is more than capable of playing for us, i just wish we stopped playing him as a CF and started to play him in midfield like we did today

This season has been a complete waste as far as hes concerned. Its not benifited him nor us. IF a kid is going to be on site trained and not loaned out (like Happy was) then hes got to be gradually put in the side.

Hes very young so if hes not let his ego believe all the BS hype theres veen about him and he takes his time and train hard then he might make a go of it. But right now I just see Bambi on ice most of the time.

But get ready for a big  slagging off by everyone not Blue with an opinion.