Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

13 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

Why?

Ballack is a different type of player, imo.

That boy could shoot, oh my good!

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/premier-league/2015-2016/ruben-loftus-cheek-reminds-me-of-michael-ballack-glenn-hoddle_sto5419565/story.shtml

I think RLC nothing like ballack hoddle must be on drugs 

On 02/04/2016 at 1:56 PM, chelseafan26 said:

He is Lazy, right guys?

This is the problem with this day and age. A manager can say something unwanted in the heat of the moment and every fan in the world would try to make it true even if the truth is light years different from it. Time and again I see people dissecting RLC's minutest mistakes and making it sound like he is sitting on his ass the whole time we dont have the ball. BULLSHIT!!!

This is what RLC is capable of given a start rather than a 5 minute cameo while we are a goal down. His ball control, ball retention, passing in the close quarters, runs into the box make him a brilliant player. Yes, he is not a "workhorse", but i would take RLC over Ramires. Also, people need to understand that there is a massive difference between not being a work horse and being "LAZY". I even read a post sometime ago which said that since kenedy and traore were starting that proved that RLC must not be "good enough" or must be "lazy". HOGWASH!!!

I just hope managers and players "speak" responsibly because they can have a major impact on such young players. Also, I hope people actually watch rather than making judgements on players. Anyways, I hope the kid keeps on proving his doubters wrong. Onward and Upwards, KID. Get In!!!

I have been, and remain, critical of RLC's level of activity. That criticism relates to the way Ruben operates when we have the ball however, not when we don't. I first posted this opinion early in 2013 when I said I felt that, for all his talent, Ruben needed a kick up the backside and that if he didn't buck his ideas up he'd be lucky to get a career in the lower leagues. The point about the date is that I doubt Jose had formed an opinion about Ruben by then and, even if he had, I certainly had never heard it.

I wasn't able to watch the Villa match live and have only caught up with the first hour of the recording so far. I'll see the rest later but, based on those sixty minutes, I'd say most of the opinions I've read rate RLC's performance yesterday rather more highly than I do. There were two moments which I regard as high level; the dribble which led to the penalty and an earlier carry of not more than 10 yards but during which he took a couple of opponents out of the game. These runs, featuring quick, accurate movement of the ball using both feet and a power surge are Ruben's USP. Of the things he has in the locker, this is the one that can make him an outstanding contributor.

To be fair to Ruben he was well enough involved during the period of yesterday's game that I've seen. In general however it has been a recurring theme of his career; development, first team and international, that he does not get into the action often enough to give himself enough chances to do what he can do. I hope to see him working harder to find space and good angles so his teammates can set him up with good possession and good opportunities.

I watched the game just now and he had a good first half but was anonymous in the second to the point I forgot he was on.

He's still young but overall involvement in a match is something he clearly needs to work on, I can understand why Jose subbed him at half time in the reverse fixture or Guus waited until half time vs Scunthorpe put it that way.

8 hours ago, Tomo said:

I watched the game just now and he had a good first half but was anonymous in the second to the point I forgot he was on.

He's still young but overall involvement in a match is something he clearly needs to work on, I can understand why Jose subbed him at half time in the reverse fixture or Guus waited until half time vs Scunthorpe put it that way.

That's exactly my problem with him - he has the ability to be like Yaya (maybe not the finishing) but the runs with the ball, I can definitely see that. But he does go missing - which is a huge shame. Maybe it's just confidence? But he does need to impose himself on the game. 

On 03/04/2016 at 1:14 PM, Muzchap said:

I made them comments and I still stand by them - first half he was everything you suggested. Second half he disappeared. 

I'm not saying he isn't a decent player, but he needs to be involved for 90 minutes - if he can only manage 45 minutes of pure intensity, then he's destined for the bench. I will say he did more in 45 minutes than Oscar usually does in 90. 

Hopefully over the summer he will work on his fitness - he definitely has the ability to glide past players and can pick a pass, two great attributes. 

2-0/3-0 against villa, and i am sure even messi would lessen his intensity. RLC is already a better player than someone who can ONLY be played against MK dons, walsall or villa. He is a talent who needs time on the pitch. Yes, he does need to work on impacting the game more, but that is something which comes with age and experience and most importantly gametime. And I am not talking a game every 2 months.

I dont think his physical fitness is poor. I saw him running around and tackling and winning the ball back on multiple occasions in the 2nd half. 

The kid is not perfect, but he is definitely better than some of the overpaid mercenaries in our squad. I personally think that some of the criticism levied on RLC is very unjust. I read a post sometime back which said that the only reason jose chose him is because he was physically well built. Just not fair on the kid.

16 minutes ago, chelseafan26 said:

2-0/3-0 against villa, and i am sure even messi would lessen his intensity. RLC is already a better player than someone who can ONLY be played against MK dons, walsall or villa. He is a talent who needs time on the pitch. Yes, he does need to work on impacting the game more, but that is something which comes with age and experience and most importantly gametime. And I am not talking a game every 2 months.

I dont think his physical fitness is poor. I saw him running around and tackling and winning the ball back on multiple occasions in the 2nd half. 

The kid is not perfect, but he is definitely better than some of the overpaid mercenaries in our squad. I personally think that some of the criticism levied on RLC is very unjust. I read a post sometime back which said that the only reason jose chose him is because he was physically well built. Just not fair on the kid.

Yup - he does need more games for a true assessment - I think we're in agreement there :)

I'm not sure who these 'mercenaries' are in the squad? Care to elaborate?

I think that was also harsh, maybe it was taken out of context - as if you remember back then Jose said he needed X tall players as a reason for not dropping Ivanovic? Maybe that's where that comment came from? 

As a fan - RLC is a little frustrating - if you look at other players that have been given a chance, Kane, Ali etc - they seem to be visible for 90 mins, RLC doesn't, if he can fix that, we will have a genuine decent player on our books. 

7 hours ago, Jason said:

Good to read. I always felt that Ruben seems a bit distant from everyone else in the squad. Nice to read he's making good friends in the team. 

Our best player today by a country mile. Still can't get my head around the fact, he, of all people, got subbed off for Falcao. Calm, cool, collective,a few misplaced passes in the beggining, but definitely grew into the game and was our best. Fabregas's bad game cemented that. 

37 minutes ago, LondonsFinest said:

Our best player today by a country mile. Still can't get my head around the fact, he, of all people, got subbed off for Falcao. Calm, cool, collective,a few misplaced passes in the beggining, but definitely grew into the game and was our best. Fabregas's bad game cemented that. 

He still needs to work on stamina else it will become a constant theme no matter how good he plays and how good he becomes, he was anonymous in the second half vs Villa and probably wouldn't have been much better if he stayed on today.

Van Der Vaart was arguably Tottenham's best player when he was there but was often the first to be hauled off because he was tanked after the hour.

33 minutes ago, Tomo said:

He still needs to work on stamina else it will become a constant theme no matter how good he plays and how good he becomes, he was anonymous in the second half vs Villa and probably wouldn't have been much better if he stayed on today.

Van Der Vaart was arguably Tottenham's best player when he was there but was often the first to be hauled off because he was tanked after the hour.

Tbf, Reus also has stamina problems. I agree he needs to work on it,but if it's not meant to be, drain the maximum and have a good player rotate him. I hope he pushes for it, though. He's done it up until now in his career.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

I only watched the second half and he did not at all look like he was starting to slow down when he was taken off. He was by far our best player in the second, imo. 

Putting my bias towards him aside, was he not our best player today? Yes, he did missplace a couple of passes and was sometimes unaware of a person behind him, but he was good in a side of pathetic performers.