Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

12 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

At 19 Terry was cleaning toilets, while Ruben is driving a ferrari.

Explains it all.

Having board who is cluessly playing Mikel ahead does no wonders either.  

As Cesc and Ruben pivot would get destroyed defensively.

As limited as Mikel is he does offer decent stability in that regard and let's be honest our defense need all the protection they can get right now.

Having said that Rubens cameo should warrant him more time now, that what you have to do as a young player, make the most of what ever minutes you get.

15 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

Why didn't he start?
Yes, he's lazy off the ball, but surely it was out there for everyone to see how much better than Oscar he is.

The funny thing is,..the current version of Oscar seems to seems to be lazy off the ball as well. The one thing fans could appreciate about Oscar's game, was his work rate off the ball. 

Now that he doesn't even do this, its only common sense bringing RLC on instead.

15 hours ago, Tomo said:

As limited as Mikel is he does offer decent stability in that regard and let's be honest our defense need all the protection they can get right now.

Having said that Rubens cameo should warrant him more time now, that what you have to do as a young player, make the most of what ever minutes you get.

Don't know about your telly, but on mine Fabregas and Mikel pivot gets destroyed week in and out.

People keep saying there is some stability. but we keep conceding twice per match, home or away. It doesn't take a PSG either.

The defense is completely exposed facing attackers one-on-ones all the time, which even makes Azpi look like a poor defender - something he is not.

RLC needs minutes... pick anyone in midfield and replace him. It doesn't matter anymore.

Unless Hiddink has been told to give some players som minutes to raise their value/get some offers in... it happens.

He has said it himself he is adjusting physicly to his body weight and the speed of BPL. I doubt, he is being that lazy on purpose. It's just that he saves up stamina. Hence why he should be put next to Mikel and Cesc, but hey, Matic and Oscar do much more. Oh...

That's the thing, everybody's body is different and no one person will have the same stamina. I notice with very tall players they don't particularly have fantastic stamina so maybe RLC can only do so much until his body disallows him to increase his stamina to very high levels. Not every player will have willian or kante esque stamina, I mean compare willians stamina to other players of similar stature's engines and there will be a vast contrast between the two players. 

Thing is, yes, he is very lazy, but Mourinho's brainwashed most of our fanbase, wanting workhorses. I'm not saying he should up his game, but people want him to eat the grass off, which his body obviously can't handle. He deserves to be an automatic starter until the end of the season. Which he won't 

16 minutes ago, LondonsFinest said:

Thing is, yes, he is very lazy, but Mourinho's brainwashed most of our fanbase, wanting workhorses. I'm not saying he should up his game, but people want him to eat the grass off, which his body obviously can't handle. He deserves to be an automatic starter until the end of the season. Which he won't 

I don't see any lazy players in the Leicester team - that's why they are top of the table. 

Playing a lazy player sets a shitty standard for the rest of the team. 

I'm glad you aren't in charge of making these decisions ???

2 hours ago, Robguima said:

Don't know about your telly, but on mine Fabregas and Mikel pivot gets destroyed week in and out.

People keep saying there is some stability. but we keep conceding twice per match, home or away. It doesn't take a PSG either.

The defense is completely exposed facing attackers one-on-ones all the time, which even makes Azpi look like a poor defender - something he is not.

RLC needs minutes... pick anyone in midfield and replace him. It doesn't matter anymore.

Unless Hiddink has been told to give some players som minutes to raise their value/get some offers in... it happens.

Any pivot gets destroyed. Almost like the formation is no good... weird. Maybe someone will realise in 5 years

20 hours ago, Tomo said:

As a big club we never had time to give young players a chance. It always came at cost of potential bad results. 

But now, we have all the time. Thats all we have. No pressure and no cost. 

Just from top of my head, Matic was awful in first games at benfica but he got time and soon became best player of portugal league. 

This shit season could be blessing in disguise to give youth a chance, something we cant do when we compete for trophies. But the board is clueless to not see that. Every damn club in world would play young players if they were in our position. Even united is doing it. But not us. We keep playing underperfoming player over and over, ignore young ones and hope something will change, while in reality everything moves downwards.

I agree about that pivot would be overrun. But hey why not try 4:3:3 with Mikel, Rlc and Cesc? But I guess that would be risk too much for Guus and we might lose a game instead of drawing.

On 1/3/2016 at 9:35 PM, LDN Blue said:

So he wouldn't actively be seeking a loan away just yet. But I'm sure if he continues to be messed around by 35s substitutions then he won't be quite the happy chappy he is now. Hiddink seems to be good at the whole man-management thing so I'm sure he's verbally communicating with RLC on a weekly basis about how he wants him to train along with Eddie Newton (Who I believe has been placed especially to work with the u21s).

He is getting back from a big injury

Quoted the wrong post. Was gonna quote Leif on the Colkett thing.

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

As a big club we never had time to give young players a chance. It always came at cost of potential bad results. 

But now, we have all the time. Thats all we have. No pressure and no cost. 

Just from top of my head, Matic was awful in first games at benfica but he got time and soon became best player of portugal league. 

This shit season could be blessing in disguise to give youth a chance, something we cant do when we compete for trophies. But the board is clueless to not see that. Every damn club in world would play young players if they were in our position. Even united is doing it. But not us. We keep playing underperfoming player over and over, ignore young ones and hope something will change, while in reality everything moves downwards.

I agree about that pivot would be overrun. But hey why not try 4:3:3 with Mikel, Rlc and Cesc? But I guess that would be risk too much for Guus and we might lose a game instead of drawing.

But not us? Traore and Kenedy have been getting ample game time since February, Ruben maybe could have got more, but he came one in last two games.

All in all over the course of this season, three youngsters have had some pretty handy game time and made some decent progress, if City have those three the same time their would be raves about Pellegrino youth development in the English Football thread.