Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

But even Messi had to train and play games. He didnt just arrived to pitch and become star that he is now. He was huge talent and become even bigger player.

As I said, he was born with the talent, sharpened his skills as he progressed through the Barcelona development squads, convinced the coaches he was ready to be tried at top level and then, crucially, did enough to earn more minutes and eventually become first choice.

There were other kids in the same development squads as Messi who we've never heard of and who are now doing ordinary jobs. You have to have the talent and you have to show that you've learned to apply it. Fall in either area and you fall by the wayside.

If RLC is only "good" talent, he can still become great player with proper development that comes from playing games.

Then why are there any good players? Why don't all just develop more and become great? In my opinion, the belief that sows ears can become silk purses is the biggest myth in football. A player's potential is directly linked to his talent and the greater the talent, the higher he might fly.

Perhaps I'm misreading what you say but you seem to be suggesting that the progression is automatic. Just give 'em minutes and they'll become good enough. You can't be suggesting that however because I know you know it ain't true. Young players on the cusp of a breakthrough do need a few chances to settle in and to begin to show what they can do but, in the end, they are not good enough because they play, they play because they're good enough.

Pogba was by far not as promising at united as he eventualy become at juve. He was a good talent but that was it.

Pogba was very promising at United. He was being widely talked about as a very talented kid. Fergusson didn't doubt his talent; he doubted the young man's application. As I said, kids get into development programmes because they show they have the tools but there is more to do to progress into the first team. A lot of United fans were furious when Pogba was allowed to leave but SAF made his call and he'd earned the right to do it.

Rlc imo is a bit overrated, but he still has a chance to become realy good player because he is both physicaly and techicaly good. But I doubt he will be that at chelsea because all he does is sit on bench.

Only thing that stops him from achieving his potential is his work rate and attitude. He will need to work on that.

I can't speak about RLC's attitude although Jose did hint that there were issues there. On the other hand, I've been saying for nearly three years that Ruben needed to be more active, especially when we're in possession so I agree with your assessment about his work rate.

I know now isn't the time for this, but Loftus Cheek can/should be our Delle Alli. I've watched both these guys play together for the England U-19's and Ruben is in NO WAY inferior to Alli. In fact, he regularly outperformed Alli in the games I saw.

Was incredibly mismanaged by Mourinho this season, was Ruben. 

Good thing is, he seems patient right now. He's got time on his side, he's not around 23-25 bracket where playing every game is a big priority. He's 19 and I'm sure even training with the first team, with people like Terry and soon Drogba looking over his progress.

So he wouldn't actively be seeking a loan away just yet. But I'm sure if he continues to be messed around by 35s substitutions then he won't be quite the happy chappy he is now. Hiddink seems to be good at the whole man-management thing so I'm sure he's verbally communicating with RLC on a weekly basis about how he wants him to train along with Eddie Newton (Who I believe has been placed especially to work with the u21s).

nice goal with the weak foot. rarely been this pleased to  see someone score. needs to be prioritised over oscar and ramires, far better player than both.

size, speed, skill, london based, academy ... you can't buy that.

I've been screaming for Ruben for ages now, yet, there is one little thing I have to mention. Playing him as a 10 is not something I would prefer. To me, he has to occupy the box-to-box midfielder role. He has the physique and tackles, alongside the passing and vision to do well defensively and offensively. Hope he is put next to Matic/Mikel. He needs to be a bit more fluid though, a tad more workrate. Grab the game, want the ball a bit more. He'll come in time, I hope, but imo, that would be ideal. 

Went mental on his goal.

People were talking about the need to play a strong team to not risk the win, but an important factor, in my opinion, as well is hunger and desire, especially against 'smaller' teams. And that was what his goal was about today. None of our first team regulars would have made that run into the box, imo. 

On 03/01/2016 at 9:28 PM, Robguima said:

Please loan him so he can actually play and improve on the areas that need improving. If he can't get minutes when we are winning by 3...

Considering we have 33 players on loan, the most the football world has ever seen in it's history, I think we could benefit from having at least one youth part of the squad.

31 minutes ago, Term-X said:

Considering we have 33 players on loan, the most the football world has ever seen in it's history, I think we could benefit from having at least one youth part of the squad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juventus_F.C.#Out_on_loan

Bitch please. This is Chelsea wet dream, our biggest ambition and we're close enough 1 or 2 more seasons.