Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

• 1 month later...

why didnt he come on tour? he is an absolute beast.

if we arent going to buy a cdm we could of done with him training with the first team - he was good vs city

I know.....I figure that Loftus-Cheek will be battling Chalobah & Ake for the same spot. Our Young CDM ready to step up to the first team. Should be very interesting & sad at the same time. I like all 3 players & I will enjoy watching them develop into Professional ballers.

• 2 months later...

Ruben's the top ranked Chelsea lad in this list of emerging talent, at 27.

There's 6 for Chelsea in total (with 4 on loan), making them the best performing team. Any glaring omissions?

A few of things:

- Traore is technically not a Chelsea player but a free agent as he still does not have a contract with the team.

- Karim Rekik is on loan from City, not us.

- And Chalobah is the highest rated Chelsea man on that list a couple of places ahead of Ruben.

I feel that the likes of Ake and Atsu, even Lewis Baker and Bamford deserve to be on that list more than someone like Cuevas, for example.

Boga definitely deserves to be on there, maybe even ahead of RLC. His performances last season, especially in the NextGen even though he was often the youngest on the pitch were extraordinary. Don't know too many of the youngsters from other clubs to really judge.

• 6 months later...

Get him in the first team next season. He's something special. Reminds me of Matic/Yaya in the way he dominates physically but has the technique to go along with it.

His decision making, physique and passing is light years ahead of his age group.

Get him in the first team next season. He's something special. Reminds me of Matic/Yaya in the way he dominates physically but has the technique to go along with it.

His decision making, physique and passing is light years ahead of his age group.

He's not really a holder like Matic but you are right. They share the same qualities. Him, Solanke and Colkett are top quality players. Solanke is a real prospect for us and England. Another player who looks special. Colkett has a glorious left foot.

We've just gone to the Emirates and made Arsenal look like an average side. And add that to the quality in the U-21's. The quality we have now is unbelievable.