Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

6 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

:lol: Would be pretty ironic if he ended up a striker after people, including me, argued about his best position in midfield.
b2b, #10, cdm; nope! Striker.

He seems to be happy playing anywhere for conte

http://www.squawka.com/news/loftus-cheek-i-would-play-anywhere-for-antonio-conte/729220

3 minutes ago, the wes said:

And so he should be. He has everything to prove yet, if he wants to break into the team he has to do this and more.

Imagine if after all this time of thinking and debating how he should be played, we pop out and play a 4-2-4 with Eden, Willian, Costa and RLC, being the supposed 4. I'd cry of laughter if it works out. And joy, ofcourse.

I never thought about it but it actually makes sense.

RLC is not sufficiently proactive and his technic is not good enough for him to be an attacking-minded midfielders ; he is too passive and does not seem to possess defensive capabilities of interest (i.e. in terms of technic and his tactical nous). In other words, he does not have any future as a midfielder at the highest level and in consequence turning him into a striker seems to be a good opportunity for him — and more importantly for us — to make it at Chelsea.

Could work. I have already written off as a midfielder in Chelsea colours tbh. Lacks the tactical nous, which is crucial as you need it to make an impact on matches. And his technique and vision is nothing to write home about so there's nothing to lean on.

But as a striker his technique would be very solid. He also has a bit of pace in him and he has the body to use in physical duels. Question is whether he possesses the two essential attributes of a striker which is movement&timing (as they go hand in hand) and the killer instinct.

I like the experimenting from Conte. We have something in common. But you have to wonder how serious this is though. He's only playing there because options are currently thin. Guess we'll see.

I'm afraid I kinda agree with most thats written here.

I hope Conte can make him into a player that will benifit us but  I've not seen it in him yet. He never seems comfortable on the ball and never in control.

He looks akward,slow and as Ive said before like a gangly giraffe. 3 managers now haven't been able to break thru to him.

It would be perfect for us if he managed to turn things round, make him into a world class player. But I think the only way thats possible is by regular paying time. Maybe being on loan would do it. Maybe hes believing his own hype right now and feeling too comfortable and pampered?

Ruben Loftus-Cheek struggles to find his way as a Chelsea forward

http://theprideoflondon.com/2016/07/28/ruben-loftus-cheek-struggles-to-find-his-way-as-a-chelsea-forward/

2 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

The RLC experiment so far

Was just coming in here to say the exact same thing...

my days, RLC has been invisible as ST. There's been No service, he hardly gets on the ball, and was generally just lost. 

You win some you lose some, but Conte has gotten this one horribly wrong so far. 

This might seem like a kneejerk based on his performances as a striker this preseason but i've actually wanted to say this about RLC for a while now.

I just don't see anything special about him. I don't see what he brings to the team. He just doesn't seem to have any stand out qualities and his workrate is average at best.

Apart from being tall, strong for his age and having solid technique what exactly does he have that makes people think he's gonna make it here ? Being English ? Being from the academy ?

If RLC wasn't an academy player, he'd be getting a lot of "sell him or loan him" stick. Other than being big in stature what does he excel really well at to argue giving him a spot in the starting eleven? He can't even beat out Matic or Oscar who  both STILL look like shit. The striker experiment didn't pan out, what next, compete with Terry and Cahill? The club market him as the jewel of the academy and frankly he doesn't deserve any of it tbh and I think the club is afraid to loan him out after all the hype for fear of egg on their faces. He's gonna rot on that bench and get loaned out in January is my prediction. 

On 7/31/2016 at 0:27 PM, CHOULO19 said:

Here's the thing:

RLC has been marketed for about a year now as the prize jewel of our academy. He's in every single photo shoot, fans event, PR stunt...etc. He was 'chosen' to end the "since John Terry" line that everyone uses. 

The problem is, this was under Jose, and now he does not fit ANYWHERE in Conte's 4-4-2. THIS is exactly what I and many others mean when we talk about the importance of some sort of managerial stability for youth integration.

Now, for me, keeping him here while we insist on play this system, is only going to hurt him. A loan is needed for him, maybe even selling with a buy-back clause. But I know that that won't happen because the board has A LOT riding on his success here.

So instead, he's most likely going to stay here, get next to no minutes, get loaned out mid-season to some PL club who don't need him, before he starts being loaned out to championship clubs while his value rapidly falls until we sell him for next to nothing. 

Perfecto!!! 

To his defense, guess he was just at the right place ... at the right time :) (just hope he makes use of this opportunity)