Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

1 hour ago, LondonsFinest said:

Ffs, I am fuming that in games we had ABSOLUTELY NO POINT in playing our "best" 11, we did. Thank God, Hiddink is gone.

I really have some doubts that Mikel/Matic DM is our 'best' 11 :D

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, bluesman2610 said:

Voted Toulon Tournament Best Player - RLC destined for great things not to get him in the squad on a weekly basis and not just cameo appearances throughout the season

Good to see him doing well for England's U20/U21 team. 

Hope he finds a spot in Chelsea's midfield next season

32 minutes ago, LondonsFinest said:

Is anyone surprised given that they play4-3-3? I'm not. Have been saying it for weeks, he's a taylor made CM, if we play with 3 midfielders.

His apparent connection with Baker should be exploited imo. Bring them both back.

28 minutes ago, LondonsFinest said:

I, personally, wrote off Baker, but he has been impressive of late. Can he be a late bloomer ala Kane?

Who knows? We'll only find out if we put some faith in him.

If Chelsea hasn't changed though we'll end up with average players that deny either of them team chances.

4 hours ago, LondonsFinest said:

I, personally, wrote off Baker, but he has been impressive of late. Can he be a late bloomer ala Kane?

I wrote him off too I have to admit but I haven't seen anything of him recently. I put all of the Toulon matches on but I didn't really concentrate on any of them for more than five minutes at a time so wasn't able to form any kind of opinion about Lew, or anyone else for that matter. Hope the reports of his efforts in France, and during the season just gone, are not exaggerated.

7 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Rightly given player of the tournament yesterday, superb again. The club/manager need to have faith in him and let the lad play, either that or just sell him.

Conte had faith in pogba at juventus I hope he does the same with RLC

14 hours ago, LondonsFinest said:

Is anyone surprised given that they play4-3-3? I'm not. Have been saying it for weeks, he's a taylor made CM, if we play with 3 midfielders.

He still played advanced for Emgland throughout in this tournament, as the no.10 in a 4-3-1-2/4-1-2-1-2. Watmore and Redmond ahead of him. Him and Baker having licence to roam forward meant England attacking were almost playing 4-2-4, with wingers Redmond and Watmore naturally drifting wide.

On 3/20/2016 at 0:25 PM, Leif said:

Meanwhile we let Colkett play with boys when he would start for a lot of top sides

Chalobah winning 3rd best player

RLC winning best player

Baker gets the golden boot

Chelsea was really prominent in the young England side that won the Toulon.

No one can say that our youth is not the best in England.