Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

Jose is a short term manager, I have to start accepting this. The fact he's persisting with a visibly declining mercenary (Fabregas) in the hope he might produce a few assists to help us short term instead of giving all this time to a player who the club has invested the most faith in since Terry, shows that he has no deep care for the future. So he prefers a declining Fabregas who could have some short term benefits if he happens to hit form, to an up and coming academy boy itching to show as a fan to the fans what he can do. I can imagine how much further he would be in his development already if he'd played instead of Cesc or Oscar this season.

Its so obvious Cesc and Iva are his yes men, thats why he keeps playing them.

To you who wants him at Valencia... That paid off with Courtois. But, tbh, we were very lucky things sorted out in that way. We could've easily lost Courtois, too.

Thibo was patient and calmed. But look at Salah, or I don't know. What if RLC one day decides not to come back, because in other club they treated him properly?

It's just sad to see him benched, and likes of Fabregas and Oscar playing.

If there was a long term plan for RLC he would be getting game time right now, he isn't because there is no long term plan for him.

I believe there is (well there has to be, we need English talent very badly due to the HG rules) but because the manager is trying to save his own ass by going with the tried and tested (Cesc, Oscar) - RLC isn't getting any proper chances due to this.

To you who wants him at Valencia... That paid off with Courtois. But, tbh, we were very lucky things sorted out in that way. We could've easily lost Courtois, too.

Thibo was patient and calmed.

Was he? Lol.

Not slating the dude, but he forced the club's hand in a 'sell me or play me' thing. It was smart, crucial and essential he did but he wasn't exactly 'patient', could've left us in a heartbeat if we persisted with Cech.

Maybe that's what Ruben must do, force the clubs hand. Albeit, in his position he hardly has the bargain power.

Was he? Lol.

Not slating the dude, but he forced the club's hand in a 'sell me or play me' thing. It was smart, crucial and essential he did but he wasn't exactly 'patient', could've left us in a heartbeat if we persisted with Cech.

Maybe that's what Ruben must do, force the clubs hand. Albeit, in his position he hardly has the bargain power.

Maybe. But only after 3 years at Atletico. And in last 2 years in Atletico he was already considered top 5 gk in the world.

Maybe. But only after 3 years at Atletico. And in last 2 years in Atletico he was already considered top 5 gk in the world.

Our loan system is a big 'what if' scenario tbh. Sometimes they're really successful at one club and we move them on and they don't reach the heights they had before (Nat Chalobah). Sometimes they have great consistency on their loans but don't breakthrough (Lukaku, Sturridge). Even if we look now, already talks of over 20 loanees being recalled because of their lack of game time. Aké is getting numbers on the board but knowing Chelsea we'll send him elsewhere and won't hear from him again lmao.. Who knows what loan futures hold for Ruben and all the other academy players. A lot of it down to luck of the draw with us tbh..

I believe there is (well there has to be, we need English talent very badly due to the HG rules) but because the manager is trying to save his own ass by going with the tried and tested (Cesc, Oscar) - RLC isn't getting any proper chances due to this.

Lets not put it all down to the manager. While I agree Ruben needs to be getting more of a look in with Fabregas looking so poor, its also up to Ruben to show he is on the level of his peers in order to push his way in.

I still remember Sturridge who went away to Fulham, tore it up, and struggled to get a shirt at Chelsea. Some say it was down to attitude, I'm not sure what it was but clearly Chelsea want high quality homegrown players not just guys that show flashes of brilliance.

Having said that come january Ruben better be getting more game time or I will lose it.

The best thing for him is to find a good loan, and, if were possible, a loan with another Premier League team because for him it is good to continue his evolution in the pace of the Premier League.

But, as I said before in this thread, Valencia in Spain, with Gary Neville as his coach, could be a good place to RLC. Gary Neville knows English football and every coach (except Jose) can see Ruben Loftus-Cheek as great player for the future. And Ruben Loftus-Cheek IMO could have a spectacular performance in La Liga.

In England I would look for a mid-table team where Ruben Loftus-Cheek could take minutes. When this guy may have enough minutes to prove who he is I am sure RLC is going to surprise the world.

Nathan Ake was smart and he is now having a good season with Watford and perhaps Aké can be with us next season. Hopefully RLC can do the same.