Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

If (and it's a big if knowing jose) he does break into the first team, i hope the manager doesn't turn him into another mikel because he's clearly a box to box midfielder and his game and skillsets reflects just that and not a defensive or holding midfielder.

I don't see any of our midfielders being a strictly holding player. I mean most of the time Jose plays Matic and Cesc and both take turns going forward, no one is ever restricted to always stay deep. He's given them both some freedom and has left it up to them to figure out what to do in game.

Mikel has hardly played but a couple of times he did play, he was always involved in our pressing too and not told to stay deep.

Zouma was the only one who never ventured forward, but that's understandable cause Zouma isn't a midfielder.

And Jose has played RLC a bit forward in his cameos but I think that's only because it'll take RLC some time to understand how to play in the pivot because Jose has given the pivot the freedom to some extent to figure out themselves what to do on the fly. And RLC needs gametime to gain that understanding. Once he gets that game time, he'll play in the pivot for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/04/mourinho--raising-the-level.html

‘They belong to a process. I can’t have 10 of these young players in my squad, I can have three or four which is what we did this season with Loftus-Cheek, Brown, Christensen and Ake, also Solanke a few times. I can’t have a squad of 10 men and 10 kids, I must have a squad, like we have now, of 16 or 17 and three or four kids.

‘Next season Ruben Loftus-Cheek won’t be a kid in the development programme working with the first team, he will be a first team player, absolutely ready to play and compete. We will do the same with two or three other players.' - Jose on youth process

I don't even know why I want RLC to succeed so badly here, watching him he is not special in terms of talent when compared to his compatriots in the youth team, but, he has an intangible likeable quality which just makes him my favourite youngster. Maybe it's the fact he's English. Which isn't a good reason to like a player but hey. He's big. Maybe it's because he's big.

I don't even know why I want RLC to succeed so badly here, watching him he is not special in terms of talent when compared to his compatriots in the youth team, but, he has an intangible likeable quality which just makes him my favourite youngster. Maybe it's the fact he's English. Which isn't a good reason to like a player but hey. He's big. Maybe it's because he's big.

He makes a great combination of talent and strong physical attributes. He can be perfect for us in the future if circumstances allow it.

I rate him highly, one of the best youngster for sure, however also for sure, not the most talented player out there.

And you literally named the 2 things that I'd hate if they'd be decisive if he'd make it here and others don't. He's big and he's English. Nah.

After my obvious excitement with promoting our own youth player goes down I'd be still expecting more of our Academy players to break into the first team. If only RLC will be the one I'd be very disappointed because those 2 factors above would be decisive. No Boga or Musonda because they're not English ? No Charlie Colkett and Jay Dasilva because they're not big enough ? Bollocks.

For a hundred million times already, Jose said RLC will be our first team player next season.

I still don't believe Mou, he lies a lot. For example:

Mourinho : "David Luiz will stay at Chelsea"- Luiz is gone (thank god he went btw)

Mourinho : "Mata will stay at Chelsea"- Mata was sold aswell

After this I don't believe a word he says.

Mourinho : "David Luiz will stay at Chelsea"- Luiz is gone (thank god he went btw)

All managers say people will stay before they are sold. This is different , noone would have mentioned rlc to him ,if he didn't bring the guy forward himself

I rate him highly, one of the best youngster for sure, however also for sure, not the most talented player out there.

And you literally named the 2 things that I'd hate if they'd be decisive if he'd make it here and others don't. He's big and he's English. Nah.

After my obvious excitement with promoting our own youth player goes down I'd be still expecting more of our Academy players to break into the first team. If only RLC will be the one I'd be very disappointed because those 2 factors above would be decisive. No Boga or Musonda because they're not English ? No Charlie Colkett and Jay Dasilva because they're not big enough ? Bollocks.

there used to be a saying "if youre good enough youre old enough" now its "if youre BIG enough youre GOOD enough"

there used to be a saying "if youre good enough youre old enough" now its "if youre BIG enough youre GOOD enough"

Being bigger means he's already built for the PL and will probably adapt faster than other youngsters. It's not the only requirement obviously but it helps enormously. I believe the other talented youth will also get their chances but they will have to prove their worth in the limited time they're given. Very limited time.

Iam sure that next season Ruben Loftus-Cheek will be an important player for us in midfield and I have the feeling that Nathan Ake be an option for Left-Back.

It's easy to say that Jose is a liar, but he promised when he returned with us he was going to go on renewing our team slowly with players from our policy of signings of young players and this season we have the example of Kurt Zouma, one Centre-Back for the next decade. I trust JOSE.

Maybe next season our "new" Zouma will be RLC.

By the way if Jose says: "This player is a shit and we are going to sell him for only 2 pounds," it is more likely that his finall price will be ridiculous. For that reason Jose says: "This player is going to stay with us." It is logical.

Regards.

While those 'lies' make him looks 'genius' in the end. I can't see this will be that kind of lie. This will make Jose looks like a fool, not mentioning that all journos will ask him again and again next season if he is lie about it. So yes, hopefully this time his words (so many times) could be trusted.

Zouma was not a worldwide star when we signed him.

Now with Varane and Laporte he is the best young Centre-Back for the next decade.

Sign young talents like Courtois or Zouma also is part of our policy of signings for young players.

Puyol Barcelona is a legend and he came to La Masia with 19 years ....

Sergio Ramos arrived at Real Madrid with 19 years for 30 million euros ...

Varane came to Real Madrid for a similar price as the price of Zouma.