Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

Shoot me for asking but can somebody enlighten me abit on RLC. I dont really grt time to follow the youngsters.. I know hes a midfielder but I need to know more about him.

Protect him, protect him from what when Oscar, Ramires, Willian have been off form. Surely he cant be any worse than those guys at the moment. Surely his a better option than Zouma in midfield Mou is just saying his politician speech. I will believe it when I see it tht a youth player will ever be trusted under Mourinho's leadership

Shoot me for asking but can somebody enlighten me abit on RLC. I dont really grt time to follow the youngsters.. I know hes a midfielder but I need to know more about him.

:shoot:

He's a box to box central midfielder. Physically tall and incredibly strong, a bit similar to how Ballack/Huddlestone is built. Technically very good, good passer. I know it sounds like I'm over hyping him, but if he can work on his positioning and decision making he real does have everything to develop into a complete central midfielder.

Mou will destroy him, it's another one of his bullshit speeches. If he's so great why doesn't he play him?

What the hell does he mean with protect anyway? You'll be destroying him instead of protecting him if you do not play him!

Did Juve "protect" Pogba when he was 19 and very talented? No they did not, instead they used his talent to the fullest and look at them now. Oscar is pure shit, he honestly has no skill and his only use was his defensive contribution. Now he's failing with that aswell, so Oscar is basically useless.

:shoot:

He's a box to box central midfielder. Physically tall and incredibly strong, a bit similar to how Ballack/Huddlestone is built. Technically very good, good passer. I know it sounds like I'm over hyping him, but if he can work on his positioning and decision making he real does have everything to develop into a complete central midfielder.

Thanks brah!

Wish he would play. It's bushit, Jose acts like Oscar, Ramires, and Willian are all world class. RLC could do what they do. Probably more.

And how exactly do you know that? I am all for him getting more gametime, but this game was not the one to play him. At 2-2 and it looks like it could go either way you dont throw in a youngster who has barely played 10 minutes on senior level. Especially when you'r very much in the title race with only 9 games to go.

Despite how bad our midfield looked at times today, you can't put it on RLCs shoulders and expect him to fix it.

And how exactly do you know that?
This. I too want RLC to be getting more game time, but I can't understand people saying that he should be playing instead of Ramires, Oscar and/or Willian. Has he done something remarkable that I don't know about that causes people to think he's a better option than the aforementioned three?

This. I too want RLC to be getting more game time, but I can't understand people saying that he should be playing instead of Ramires, Oscar and/or Willian. Has he done something remarkable that I don't know about that causes people to think he's a better option than the aforementioned three?

Well what has Willian done besides defending? I have more faith in RLC scoring/assisting than I have in Willian doing the same.

This. I too want RLC to be getting more game time, but I can't understand people saying that he should be playing instead of Ramires, Oscar and/or Willian.

But they don't say that he should have been playing in a place of Hazard or Diego, right ? They don't want to replace the best players but rather the under performing ones who games are pain to watch.

I personally don't think that RLC would help now, simply because he hasn't got a match rhythm for months, he played like one 90 minute game in the last 3 months, nah he would need a streak of games to adjust and get to his level.

Though I disagree completely when someone tells that Academy player can't be better player than first team player in general. That's fundamentally wrong. Those players already have their technique and some of them are far more technically accomplished than those in the first team. Some of them are stronger on their feet than the first team players. Some of them are way more creative. Some of them has better link up play. All in all, they are already the players with certain skillset, with their technique, their psychical traits, their creativity and so on. You know, people talk about youths like if they are some kind of wonders but you realise that all of our players in the first team came from their respective Academies, just like our youths ? They weren't brought here from the Moon to play football, they were produced just like our youths are produced. They already had their skillset when they got their chances.

Also the process of introducing youth to the level when he isn't considered "potential danger for our title hopes" doesn't have to be long. Zouma looked completely dog shit in the summer, atrocious positioning but got to the level in less than 6 months. You have to challenge players with decent game time, they don't have to play week and week out but feel that chance will be there soon. I'd never give up competitiveness in the name of playing youth, fortunately you don't have to do this to introduce youth if you're doing things properly.

Another topic for another day, but even if Mourinho introduce RLC to the first team, there is even a chance that someone follow him up ? I mean someone offensive ? Because RLC will be another scalp who fits the same mould - physically dominant from the early age, necessary 6'2" tall. Mourinho hasn't promoted someone in Fabregas mould yet in his career.