Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

There was the post season matches against City in the states, but last season he had some attitude problems in the sense that he didn't seem to care except in big matches. That's why I said "if he can keep his attitude right".

When you take youth players to preseasons or to be on the bench, you choose not just based on talent but also hard work to show the other youngsters that if you work hard enough you could get a chance.

Thankfully, I'm reading that this year he's been putting more effort, maybe motivated by the fact that the likes of Brown and Boga and Baker are getting chances and he's not?

It's exactly the same reason why Utd lost Pogba. Ferguson was on record (and most utd fans who followed their youth team were in agreement too) that Pogba was feeling too big for reserve football and looked totally half arsed and unmotivated and as a result wasn't given first team opportunities. I bet he regrets the decision now.

I have always said that I will have a lazy Zidane (and he was lazy in truth) over a hard working Ji sung park everyday of the week.

It's exactly the same reason why Utd lost Pogba. Ferguson was on record (and most utd fans who followed their youth team were in agreement too) that Pogba was feeling too big for reserve football and looked totally half arsed and unmotivated and as a result wasn't given first team opportunities. I bet he regrets the decision now.

I have always said that I will have a lazy Zidane (and he was lazy in truth) over a hard working Ji sung park everyday of the week.

I'd take a hard-working Zidane over both ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Excellent news!!! Not one of the ones I was expecting but this is great!

I'm more excited about the prospect of him training with the first team for the rest of the season, will give him great experience and set him up well to come into the first team soonish.

This is just fantastic news.

On a side note, I take issue with Jose's comment about prioriotising "the English talents" over their foreign counterpart. Shouldn't the right strategy be prioritising the best talent period? So if it came down to chosing one attacking talent, He had rather go with izzy brown instead Boga for example.

More importantly it sends out a totally wrong message to the non English youth players.

José seemed to forget about RLC.. Swift, Solanke and Baker have already made their debuts in the first team, Izzy was on the bench once but Ruben didn't even feature in a pre-season game.

I don't think he will only play a few minutes.. Mourinho talked about him for long minutes and RLC spoke in the PC himself.

Willian and Hazard are out, I think Oscar will get a rest too, so maybe he could start between Salah and Schürrle or in the pivot.

Really happy to see him in the squad. Always been a huge fan of him. Right now, Baker is ahead of him in the pecking order but if you ask me out of the two who has the biggest chance of making it here, I definitely would say RLC. He has the advantage of being a phsyical beast, very agile, good technically and pretty much everything. I am glad Mourinho recognised his talents and stated he will be making him train with the first team regularly to enhance his development. He can be one of the best B-2-B midfielders if he is developed properly. I think he is that good.