Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

hope he is on the bench with our injuries. im desperate to see him make his debut.

There will be a few times this season youngsters make the last bench spot, our squad is relitevely thin so we are only a few injuries from having no choice in the matter, like on Saturday when Solanke made it.

Whether they get minutes depends on whether our seniors can build a 2-3 goal lead.

Based on the choices Jose has made so far this season, it seems that RLC is behind one or two of the other youngsters and I can't say I'm surprised. That run against Schalke is the first impressive thing I've seen from him for a long time. Mind you it was also the most impressive thing I've seen from anybody for a long time.

This is the heart of the matter with Ruben. His talent is stratospheric but when I watch him play he almost always strolls around doing nothing much. I would bet quite a lot that Jose and/or Adi have had a talk with him; the Hazard talk. There is absolutely no point being better than everybody else unless you use your ability to hurt the opposition. As far as I can tell Ruben uses his mostly to look pretty. If Jose gets through to him, he'll have a great career and we'll have a great player but it's a long, long way from being a given.

:tophat:

You summed it up perfectly. For Reuben, it will be about attitude, personality/how bad he wants it? And he about that age(18-21) where those things really determine how he will end up.

Based on the choices Jose has made so far this season, it seems that RLC is behind one or two of the other youngsters and I can't say I'm surprised. That run against Schalke is the first impressive thing I've seen from him for a long time. Mind you it was also the most impressive thing I've seen from anybody for a long time.

This is the heart of the matter with Ruben. His talent is stratospheric but when I watch him play he almost always strolls around doing nothing much. I would bet quite a lot that Jose and/or Adi have had a talk with him; the Hazard talk. There is absolutely no point being better than everybody else unless you use your ability to hurt the opposition. As far as I can tell Ruben uses his mostly to look pretty. If Jose gets through to him, he'll have a great career and we'll have a great player but it's a long, long way from being a given.

Spot on.

RLC is comfortably our best CM prospect IMO, but does he use his talent to the maximum? I hope what you're saying is the case.

• 4 weeks later...

We have so many options in central midfield atm in terms of prospect. Just hope him or another English talent in the same position can establish themselves - no matter what role that is.

If he can keep his attitude right, RLC is BY FAR the most promising of those prospects. Both technically and physically he's superior to all of the others.

If he can keep his attitude right, RLC is BY FAR the most promising of those prospects. Both technically and physically he's superior to all of the others.

I hope the club hierarchy and jose feel the same.So far there's been little indication that they rate him at all, nevermind that highly which is a big shame.

I hope the club hierarchy and jose feel the same.So far there's been little indication that they rate him at all, nevermind that highly which is a big shame.

There was the post season matches against City in the states, but last season he had some attitude problems in the sense that he didn't seem to care except in big matches. That's why I said "if he can keep his attitude right".

When you take youth players to preseasons or to be on the bench, you choose not just based on talent but also hard work to show the other youngsters that if you work hard enough you could get a chance.

Thankfully, I'm reading that this year he's been putting more effort, maybe motivated by the fact that the likes of Brown and Boga and Baker are getting chances and he's not?