Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

3 minutes ago, communicate said:

I actually think people who think that RLC should have started more is the one who is crazy. Back problem is dangerous. Sarri himself said after last week that he will check with Ruben about his back after the game because he understand the complexity of back problem. 

People have to understand, if not handled properly back problems can ruin player career easily. 

Exactly. I actually think he would be an automatic starter for us if not for his back problems. I think he's more dangerous than Barkley and infinitely more dangerous than Kovacic. Barkley hasn't impressed me, he had a few good games but overall he's been average or below that. RLC impresses more often than not.

5 minutes ago, El P. said:

Yes, we have also won the league with Alonso and Oscar as starters.

Poslano sa mog SM-A310F koristeći Tapatalk

So? 

Oscar is very important for the balance of that team. With Hazard being poor at defending we can't have our no 10 to be poor also. Oscar pressing was excellent. 

Alonso was instrumental in us winning the league that season. 

11 minutes ago, manpe said:

Exactly. I actually think he would be an automatic starter for us if not for his back problems. I think he's more dangerous than Barkley and infinitely more dangerous than Kovacic. Barkley hasn't impressed me, he had a few good games but overall he's been average or below that. RLC impresses more often than not.

I think one thing that may let him down compared to Kovacic particularly is his actual technique. Kovacic's technical attributes are kinda insane although his output in terms of key passes, goals or assists are shocking for a player with that technical profile. I am extremely disappointed with how much Kovacic has struggled to impose himself in games and score/assist goals. I think Inter Milan moved him from a 10 to an 6 or 8 and he hasn't really ever fully embraced trying to score goals or get assists. He was a frightening talent in the past, was almost certain to be a huge player for club and country but hes never kicked on. I worked with a Croatian engineer on a ship who said Kovacic is one of the most disappointing players theyve had in terms of his talent and what he has amounted to. Could have been absolutely massive, maybe not quite as good as Modric but certainly a lot closer than what he is now.

6 minutes ago, manpe said:

In epl for sure. We struggle more in epl compare to Europe is imo due to the physicality of epl. Barkley is decent but RLC is much more gifted physically. With kante and jorginho as our nail down starter we need the other player to be able to handled physical battle. 

In general our team is not physical at all. We really miss Costa and matic physicality. 

12 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Pedro was the starter in the Conte title season for the most part.

Played some decent football for us too that season. He was basically unplayable in that game against Everton where we humped them. 

On 4/6/2019 at 6:12 PM, communicate said:

So? 

Oscar is very important for the balance of that team. With Hazard being poor at defending we can't have our no 10 to be poor also. Oscar pressing was excellent. 

Alonso was instrumental in us winning the league that season. 

Yes, but that doesn't mean that they are very top players and that what they offer is what we need in this moment with Sarri (Alonso and Willian).

Good performance. Bit annoyed the fans bood Sarris decision to take him off when he got subbed off tbf. The guy played 70 minutes looked a bit leggy and Sarri has repeatedly stated he has to be carefully monitored regarding his back basically. Probably sensible actually.

On 2019-04-06 at 7:46 PM, OneMoSalah said:

Played some decent football for us too that season. He was basically unplayable in that game against Everton where we humped them. 

And his Goal at Everton away is one of my all time favorite Chelsea goals. Vital stunner in the title race.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Fixed.

At least Barkley chips in with a goal or an assist here and there. But Kovacic? Pffft. 

Sarri needed too much time to realize that Kovacic should never play most advanced MF position.

• 4 weeks later...