Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

51 minutes ago, Vybzkartel said:

If it came down to loaning him or Barkley I am loaning out Barkley RLC offers way more than Ross.

There's no need to loan out RLC or Barkley we should be selling fabregas and drinkwater in January not loaning out RLC or Barkley 

3 minutes ago, the wes said:

There's no need to loan out RLC or Barkley we should be selling fabregas and drinkwater in January not loaning out RLC or Barkley 

Its Chelsea we are talking about, so its more likely to come down to that either this coming January or next summer. Drinkwater is not going anywhere with those $120k wages and Fabregas is more or less gone at this stage. 

4 hours ago, Tomo said:

I liked the second move but the first was part of the reason i was underwhelmed over him returning, he made that run but as soon as he got in a dangerous area he looked like he didn't know whether to pass, shoot or carry on and ended up doing some weird middle ground of all three.

That said he has improved a lot and beyond what i believed possible over the last month so hopefully he keeps it up.

This.

Just like again positionally, a CM or a RW or what? Where does he play? Sarri doesnt seem to be fully convinced either and is throwing him in playing both positions.

5 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

This.

Just like again positionally, a CM or a RW or what? Where does he play? Sarri doesnt seem to be fully convinced either and is throwing him in playing both positions.

Why has he never been tried at CF by Sarri? He has the size, pace, dribbling, shooting ability. Surely he could grasp hold-up play. I have always wondered this.

7 hours ago, Vesper said:

Why has he never been tried at CF by Sarri? He has the size, pace, dribbling, shooting ability. Surely he could grasp hold-up play. I have always wondered this.

Probably lacks in tactical understanding, positioning, offside traps,...

Besides he is more useful in middle with his powerful runs. He can be extremely useful carrying ball forward with his strenght, pace and technical qualities. Has good shot too, so its quite unpredictable for defenders. If he develops well, he is going to be some player.

8 hours ago, Vesper said:

This is the reason he has not developed as a player his been played a lot out of position. He is an 8 and should only play as an 8 or 6 if he is going to develop into the player we want him. Yes he has the quality to play up front but it will only put back his development. Just this season alone his become a more complete CM so just imagine in a year of playing the role. 

I’ve said before but imo..people get too fixated on him playing as a CM.  Having said that I agree with above posters, I like how he has improved parts of his game that mean in long term future he could be a CM. His energy and tenacity is better, his shooting technique and willingness to shoot has improved. However his stand out skill is still his dribbling.

He’s an excellent dribbler, I agree that he is the second best in our team at dribbling, after Hazard. He can do it in the middle of the pitch or at close spaces inside the box or on the wing (which for example someone like Barkley couldn’t, the latter). He’s the type of player that, wherever he plays (as in, in whichever league) he’d be top of dribbling charts and most fouled charts. These types of players are usually wingers. It is to me, no surprise Sarri uses him there. There’s not many players like RLC around but if I was to compare him to someone it would be Julian Draxler, another tall player but in essence his excellent dribbling means he’s used as a winger/AM. Draxler is probably a better passer and shooter, while RLC is stronger. Both *can* play in CM but are equally if not more adept on the wing or in advanced positions. RLC’s best ‘plays’ still usually come in advanced positions, where you’d expect an AM or winger to be. He could still develop as a CM, but he could also be a more advanced player, I’m kind of open to both. 

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

If he develops well, he is going to be some player.

We have been saying this about him since the 1st day he made it into the 1st team tho!

He is now 22. Not old but how much longer are we going to have to wait?

I must admit Ive never taken to him. Always thought he looked lanky and gangley. He reminds me of Bambi on ice.

But I thought OK. Give the lad his chance. See how the loan works out. It should do him good.

But hes only stepped up once or twice this season from all Ive seen.

He was a disappointment IMO against Vidi. It was the perfect chance for him (and Barkley) to stand up and make a mark.

But watching the Wolves game today I think him and Cescy were the only two trying.

I'm afraid the main reason I'd keep him is for his HG tag. But yes at a push why not stick him as a CF to try hm out.

I had such high hopes for all 3. Kova,RLC,Barkley and still so want them each to be excellent (it would save is alot of grief,time & money). But I would bring in a new ACM as one of the 5 spots I'd like to upgrade.

6 hours ago, Unionjack said:

We have been saying this about him since the 1st day he made it into the 1st team tho!

He is now 22. Not old but how much longer are we going to have to wait?

I must admit Ive never taken to him. Always thought he looked lanky and gangley. He reminds me of Bambi on ice.

But I thought OK. Give the lad his chance. See how the loan works out. It should do him good.

But hes only stepped up once or twice this season from all Ive seen.

He was a disappointment IMO against Vidi. It was the perfect chance for him (and Barkley) to stand up and make a mark.

But watching the Wolves game today I think him and Cescy were the only two trying.

I'm afraid the main reason I'd keep him is for his HG tag. But yes at a push why not stick him as a CF to try hm out.

I had such high hopes for all 3. Kova,RLC,Barkley and still so want them each to be excellent (it would save is alot of grief,time & money). But I would bring in a new ACM as one of the 5 spots I'd like to upgrade.

IMO he has done all the right steps forward. Last year at Palace, he was great. Enough to warrant him place with England, so far he made some positive impressions in given chances.

At Chelsea, he again improved over last few months, his workrate has improved and he finaly looks like he gives a shit when playing, that was one thing I hated about him. Talent was always there and now he is going up with his mentality. 

We all scream for youth to be given chances, but as soon they get couple games (if that), they get criticised into oblivion. 

Its a process that might take couple years with some players. Some explode at 18 like Messi, Mbappe, Fabregas,...some are late bloomers. 

We should give RLC two seasons at chelsea with enough matches and then see what will happen. 

I always though we dont trust youth enough. For example, Kovacic came here and instantly became starter. Due to good form of RLC and Barkley, spot is open. But who knows if how would RLC play if he was given week in week out matches? Including big games? He might suck in some, but so did Kovacic, Jorginho, Kante or any other midfielder. Thing is his ceiling is high and he has room to improve.

I dont get excited and hype players generaly, but I have big hopes for RLC. If he wont have playtime here, he will eventualy play for other big team. 

"He is so tall, and handsome as hell; He is so bad but he does it so well!" - T.S.

He is making me more confident about (what will happen in case of) losing Hazard.

EDIT: Also, I hope some are not mad about him playing on the wing. Maybe that really IS his best position, who knows? I mean, guy is struggling to find his place in team for years, playing all kind of midfield positions. I have a feeling he was never actually tried on the wing because of his size.

11 hours ago, El P. said:

"He is so tall, and handsome as hell; He is so bad but he does it so well!" - T.S.

He is making me more confident about (what will happen in case of) losing Hazard.

EDIT: Also, I hope some are not mad about him playing on the wing. Maybe that really IS his best position, who knows? I mean, guy is struggling to find his place in team for years, playing all kind of midfield positions. I have a feeling he was never actually tried on the wing because of his size.

Would still prefer him at CF. Big enough to hold it up, and has twinkle toes enough to get out of trouble when needed.

Rocket of a shot on him too, plus the right amount of pace if he gets in behind. Honestly think it would be perfect for him. Especially given his physical attributes, we can play a variety of ways with him. Go long or play it into him, or use him to work the ball through. He is quite good at everything.