Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

I don't know if it's a controversial opinion on here or not (even though it shouldn't be at all as it's a no brainer) but he should be comfortably ahead of izzy brown (who I don't rate at all btw) in the pecking order instead it's the other way round, he should be the one making our pre season tour and getting mentioned as one of the brightest English talent from the academy. I will be livid if he's not atleast givien the opportunity to make it here

I don't know if it's a controversial opinion on here or not (even though it shouldn't be at all as it's a no brainer) but he should be comfortably ahead of izzy brown (who I don't rate at all btw) in the pecking order instead it's the other way round, he should be the one making our pre season tour and getting mentioned as one of the brightest English talent from the academy. I will be livid if he's not atleast givien the opportunity to make it here

I don't know if you realized that Brown is a striker/winger/SS hybrid in the mold of a Thomas Muller. They are not competing together. Brown has to compete with Bamford, Solanke,Perica and the other Strikers or Striker-AM hybrids like Thorgan, Traore for the first team.

RLC has to compete with Baker, Chalobah, Van Ginkel, Romeu, Pasalic and other CMs/DMs coming through for the first team.

If Costa,Remy and Drogba are injured or rested; the coach won't call RLC, but rather Brown or Solanke.

Or in Pre-season, if Torres, Eto', are coming back late due the world cup or injury, or etc. The coach won't call RLC, but rather Brown, Solanke, Perica, Bamford Lukaku, Feruz,etc depending on availability or who has earned it.

Thats pretty harsh. Isaiah has everything it takes to be a premier league player if he maintains the progression he has shown. I was glad he got the experience.

so now Brown will be a target for your bile ,,, .. you really are quite pathetic

Thats pretty harsh.

What's harsh about stating that RLC is more talented and more deserving of a place in the first team in the future? I would question the football knowledge of anyone who would take Izzy over RLC. There's a very limited opportunity for any of the youngsters to make it as it is and those limited opportunities should be going to the most talented and creme of the crop of the academy.

Isaiah has everything it takes to be a premier league player if he maintains the progression he has shown. I was glad he got the experience.

Enlighten me please. perhaps I must have been watching a different Izzy brown for the past 2 seasons or you just overrate him massively.

The truth is he's not amongst the brightest prospect in the academy/reserves. he's not on the same level as the likes Boga,Baker,RLC,Musonda,Christensen,Ola Aina (very underrated) Solanke and Colkett.

What's harsh about stating that RLC is more talented and more deserving of a place in the first team in the future? I would question the football knowledge of anyone who would take Izzy over RLC

You shouldn't really be comparing the two to begin with... Completely different positions.

You know what I love the most about this run and confidence with each he executed that play? He didn't get carried away and passed the ball just when he needed to. That's the kind of maturity I think it's always so nice to see in young prospects. That's what shows they're in the right track not only talent wise, but also in their understanding about the game. He played his part in a brilliant way and at the right moment he let someone else shine. He didn't try to do it all by himself, a common mistake among youngsters. They can't contain their excitement or even help themselves sometimes

You shouldn't really be comparing the two to begin with... Completely different positions.

The positions they play has absolutely nothing to do with it. The point is, we should be giving the limited opportunities to the best players in our academy to make it here.

And when people say you can't compare players who play different positions well yes you can compare players based on talent levels, how well they excel at their respective positions, for example, Zlatan is better as a striker than Ramires is as a midfielder i.e Zlatan is the superior player, productivity etc.

By the same token RLC plays the central midfield position better than Izzy plays the attacking midfield position. It shouldn't be based on position (unless there's a bigger need for bodies in the position player A plays in more than player B, which isn't the case here) but rather who is the most talented and has the highest ceiling and scope for development.

By the same token RLC plays the central midfield position better than Izzy plays the attacking midfield position. It shouldn't be based on position (unless there's a bigger need for bodies in the position player A plays in more than player B, which isn't the case here) but rather who is the most talented and has the highest ceiling and scope for development.

That's understandable, but you cannot deduce all of that from the fact that one took part in pre season and the other didn't.

That's understandable, but you cannot deduce all of that from the fact that one took part in pre season and the other didn't.

It's usually a strong indication of youth players standing and reputation at the club especially considering izzy is actually a year younger, less physically imposing/ready. If RLC was Musonda's size then I might agree with your statement. Further clue can be taken from Mourinho name dropping Izzy as one of the brightest English prospect in the academy waiting in line even going further to claim he would have failed in his objectives if he didn't make it here.

I'm guessing Brown was taken for pre season because most of our attacking options had just finished the WC and were on a break. We had enough cover in midfield at that time. Pretty simple.

And RLC could have come in for Ramires and Mikel who were also not available for the same reasons. truth is, at this point in time, Izzy is seen by the club hierarchy as a better prospect than RLC which is totally wrong.

And RLC could have come in for Ramires and Mikel who were also not available for the same reasons. truth is, at this point in time, Izzy is seen by the club hierarchy as a better prospect than RLC which is totally wrong.

;)

I suppose you are at Cobham everyday, see them and interact with them daily and you are an expert in youth development. :doh:

• 4 weeks later...