Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

If true bad move. He should go out and play. Its going to be hard for him unless we get injuries to feature every week. Barkley, Kovacic, Cesc will all be head of him in that third role which is undoubtedly the only one that will be up for shares until Kovacic gets fully fit. Maybe not, I'm still not 100% convinced hes got the final picture to be a big feature here, he can dribble but end product isn't amazing. 

No his good enough to start 30 games for us including cup competitions. He needs to learn the Sarri way and I am sure he is more talented than Barkley, by December if he has the right attitude he will be the first sub of the bench or starting games when Kovacic is injured or rotated ahead of Barkley. 

Cesc has been on the decline for a while, and Barkley and him are similar level for me at the moment. Both provide different things. 

He could very well work his way into being the first guy off the bench for the midfield. If we are getting bullied off the ball as well given our size in midfield, he is again a good option. 

17 hours ago, the wes said:

Chelsea need to convince England midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek, 22, he is important to them in order for him to stay at Stamford Bridge. (Mirror)

He should be convincing Chelsea and Sarri he can be important and has something to offer. Not the other way around. If he hasn't noticed we aren't short of MF players. Not just MF players but decent midfield players. 

44 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

He should be convincing Chelsea and Sarri he can be important and has something to offer. Not the other way around. If he hasn't noticed we aren't short of MF players. Not just MF players but decent midfield players. 

Not sure if the board want to cling onto him because they believe he is actually good or they don't but afraid he will turn out to be a good. 

He is a fool to not go on loan to Schalke. He would start most games (they lost Goreztka to Bayern and Max Meyer to Palace, both on frees) and have Champions League footie.

This is their CMF and AMF, only Harit is top quality atm, new boy Serdar may be soon, McKennie even further down the road, but it is HARDLY the level of comp for time he has here

c319a772ca46e267f92fd788614f74a1.png

• 3 weeks later...

Watched him last night and once again I have no idea what this lad wants himself to be, if it's to be a top notch level footballer he has to grow a set of balls and start grafting.

He was lazy last night, he was scared and he was also clueless on the ball. He's got fucking no chance of getting into this first team as it stands, he's average.

8 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Watched him last night and once again I have no idea what this lad wants himself to be, if it's to be a top notch level footballer he has to grow a set of balls and start grafting.

He was lazy last night, he was scared and he was also clueless on the ball. He's got fucking no chance of getting into this first team as it stands, he's average.

I think hes got to be sold TBH.

I really hoped the loan would have done him good but he didn't actually stand out and that was a mediocre team. Hes not taken the chances hes been given - now ny 3 managers.

Sell him on with maybe a buyback just in case.

And I'm at a loss as to why Barley isn't picked for the England team over him. I'd have no problem he starting for us if Mat K wasn't about.

3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I think hes got to be sold TBH.

I really hoped the loan would have done him good but he didn't actually stand out and that was a mediocre team. Hes not taken the chances hes been given - now ny 3 managers.

Sell him on with maybe a buyback just in case.

And I'm at a loss as to why Barley isn't picked for the England team over him. I'd have no problem he starting for us if Mat K wasn't about.

Agree with all you said. RLC is such an enigma. I still think he was crazy to not take the Schalke loan. CL football, a great team environment and he would be probably starting most games.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Agree with all you said. RLC is such an enigma. I still think he was crazy to not take the Schalke loan. CL football, a great team environment and he would be probably starting most games.

WE needed him to do it IF he was to benefit US.

Hes got some skills but just lacks the head to go with it I think.

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

WE needed him to do it IF he was to benefit US.

Hes got some skills but just lacks the head to go with it I think.

You would think Sarri, given his great record with MFers, could finally get him to play up to his potential and physical skillset. If we go Ballack in as technical director, maybe he could take a few times a month and worth with RLC too.

I gotta be honest, given his size, technical ability and stamina, he SHOULD be up there within seeing distance of Saúl Ñíguez, SMS, Pogba by now. Or at least on a legitimate path to get there.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek must leave Chelsea as he's fighting losing battle for regular football

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/ruben-loftuscheek-must-leave-chelsea-as-hes-fighting-losing-battle-for-regular-football-a3933656.html

This season should prompt Ruben Loftus-Cheek into making the biggest decision of his career — and that is to leave Chelsea for good.

The midfielder is almost certain to be offered a new contract before the end of the campaign because he will have just two years remaining on his current deal next summer and Chelsea will want to protect the valuation of their star academy product. But the England international needs to move on, and what has taken place during 2018 should be regarded as the final straw.

The alarm bells must have begun ringing when Chelsea bought Ross Barkley for £15million in January. Barkley plays in a similar position to Loftus-Cheek, is an England player and, at 24, is just two years older than his team-mate.

Barkley started Chelsea’s first three games this season, while Loftus-Cheek, who joined the Chelsea academy at the age of eight, made one brief cameo in that time from the bench.

snip

LOFTUS-CHEEK HINTS AT PALACE RETURN AFTER CHELSEA STRUGGLES

https://readcrystalpalace.com/2018/09/13/loftus-cheek-hints-at-palace-return-after-chelsea-struggles/

Crystal Palace target Ruben Loftus-Cheek has refused to deny he could re-join the club in the new year if he fails to break through at Chelsea.

The Guardian quizzed on his future and discussed the potential of a Selhurst Park return, with the England international struggling to break into the Chelsea first-team squad under new head coach Maurizio Sarri.

The midfielder, who impressed at Palace and with England over the summer, turned down moves away from Stamford Bridge in an attempt to nail down a first-team place, but that is yet to happen.

Loftus-Cheek faces a battle to break into the side with Sarri using a 4-3-3 system.

Both Jorginho and N’Golo Kante are going to be regulars under the Italian, leaving Ross Barkley, summer signing Mateo Kovacic and Loftus-Cheek battling it out for that third and final spot.

snip

• 3 weeks later...

I really liked what I saw from him today. He was pressing well, was a threat going forward and didnt lose the ball that much. I would have him ahead of Barkley on the bench. Hopefully the international break will help him establish himself under Sarri.