Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

15 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

Chelsea let Loftus-Cheek go on loan but want to buy Danny Drinkwater. Embarrassing football club.

I agree that we should have kept him till we signed a 4th choice midfielder but I think loaning him out Was The right think to do cause I think he will shine in his loan deal 

11 hours ago, Gilvorak said:

Also, people should remember RLC is actually a CM, not a DM. I want to see if he can ultimately control matches & consistently make the difference with his technical/physical talent like Yaya, Vieira, Pogba etc when he reaches his peak. Not how many KMs he clocked.

Great post.

Probably perfect in a 3 man midfield. Funny how all the guys you mentioned there all got called lazy at one point, yet as we know, all so effective. 

On 20/08/2017 at 1:54 AM, Gilvorak said:

Utter nonsense. Stop peddling this myth lol

He's 4th in the League in tackles made, 6th in interceptions. He's also completed the full 90 in each of his first two games, something people claimed he couldn't do.

Claimed he couldn't do it because he used to not be able to do it, was always taken off at youth level before 90 minutes was up.

Also about this 'natural' position or his 'preferred' position, why do his strengths have to lie as a deep CM. In his skillset and weaknesses too he has a lot to be desired as a more advanced player, as someone said, like Pogba. His first game at Palace he started in the forward/winger position in a 3-4-3 (aware he later moved to midfield that game), and before this managers for club and country for years played him as an attacking mid for good reason. If he develops game then yes he could become a good deep CM, we'll see how he does this season. He could also well be a good advanced midfielder. 

• 3 weeks later...

I think with De Boer gone Palace will revert back to their more pragmatic long ball style which won't help Ruben develop as much as if he stayed. Remains to be seen but I think De Boer is a better coach for young players than Roy Hodgson. 

44 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think with De Boer gone Palace will revert back to their more pragmatic long ball style which won't help Ruben develop as much as if he stayed. Remains to be seen but I think De Boer is a better coach for young players than Roy Hodgson. 

I think both the loan of Ruben and Tammy were good ideas but the situation has changed at both clubs.

De Boers way of playing was good for Ruben, but he has left.

Sigurdsson would have had a field day with Tammy up front, but he has left.

Woy isn't a bad manager imo. Remember when he took Fulham to the Europa League final in 2010. Think he'll like RLC too. Likes playing a 433 so could possibly see him in a true attacking CM role which I think is his best position. 

2 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Woy isn't a bad manager imo. Remember when he took Fulham to the Europa League final in 2010. Think he'll like RLC too. Likes playing a 433 so could possibly see him in a true attacking CM role which I think is his best position. 

He's good at consolidation and getting relegation level teams punching above there weight, he stopped West Broms yoyo reputation and was probably the reason Fulham lasted as long as they did, but has he got a track record with developing young players? 

Once again, been Palace best player by far. Southampton have controlled most of the game however he is the only one who is actually posing a threat and causing problems to Southampton. Man, his team mates need to improve big time and Zaha needs to return ASAP.

53 minutes ago, Stats said:

Once again, been Palace best player by far. Southampton have controlled most of the game however he is the only one who is actually posing a threat and causing problems to Southampton. Man, his team mates need to improve big time and Zaha needs to return ASAP.

No need for Barkley with RLC put in good performance 

On 13/09/2017 at 2:52 PM, Tomo said:

He's good at consolidation and getting relegation level teams punching above there weight, he stopped West Broms yoyo reputation and was probably the reason Fulham lasted as long as they did, but has he got a track record with developing young players? 

As long as Ruben plays lots - which I think he needs more than a manager that's trying to mould him - he'll be fine for this season at Palace. He just needs game time most importantly. 

• 1 month later...