Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

THRILLED with that first game, mouth watering potential and the RLC all chelsea fans hoped for and expected. Hopefully he continues and has a great year for CP. He will be an important player for us in the future if he keeps that up. 

15 minutes ago, mccg said:

so many great passes by Ruben only to be wasted by Zaha and co. :angry:, overrall great energy and composure from him, hope he has a great season and comes back to us even stronger than before, that piece of skill at 1:25 tough, Zidane like hehe. Cheers ;)

1 hour ago, Johnnyeye said:

so many great passes by Ruben only to be wasted by Zaha and co. :angry:, overrall great energy and composure from him, hope he has a great season and comes back to us even stronger than before, that piece of skill at 1:25 tough, Zidane like hehe. Cheers ;)

Ffs any other club he would be a deffo in the squad with the chance to actually break into the team , look at the squad we had on Saturday...tho Hazard,Bakayoko,Pedro to come back in, to think about going all season in league+champions league etc and be "competitive" is lets just say a joke and leave it there! He could easily got enough minutes this season here to improve and learn imho and if he progresses who knows(i heard Conte saying about the "board/staff think that if they think they are not good enough to play for Cfc they go out on loan), mmm correct in most players not correct in others, especially with the lack of backup/improvements to the much needed positions . Hindsight bustmyballs but look at our options going in the spurs game with another 2 missing! Yeah well done board again for letting Matic+co go so early in the window with no (fit)replacement:clap:

team-news--chelsea-v-burnley.img.png

5 hours ago, mccg said:

Ffs any other club he would be a deffo in the squad with the chance to actually break into the team , look at the squad we had on Saturday...tho Hazard,Bakayoko,Pedro to come back in, to think about going all season in league+champions league etc and be "competitive" is lets just say a joke and leave it there! He could easily got enough minutes this season here to improve and learn imho and if he progresses who knows(i heard Conte saying about the "board/staff think that if they think they are not good enough to play for Cfc they go out on loan), mmm correct in most players not correct in others, especially with the lack of backup/improvements to the much needed positions . Hindsight bustmyballs but look at our options going in the spurs game with another 2 missing! Yeah well done board again for letting Matic+co go so early in the window with no (fit)replacement:clap:

team-news--chelsea-v-burnley.img.png

i agree with your views, the club fucked up by letting Matic and others go without getting proper replacements, i would have never sold Matic to the mancs regardless of the money involved, look at how well he´s started there, i hate the idea of us strenghtening rivals. I just take a look at how thin we were of options on the bench against Burnley, how can we expect to challenge with a bench like that? Ruben would have played for sure, now we are short of options against Spurs because of injuries and suspensions, why loan out and sell all those players if we´re not going to get replacements in time ?, baffling from the club really, i just cant understand this board. Cheers

27 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I will never be happier to be proved wrong than if i am in Ruben's case. The idea of him his great, it's just what's been put into practice i haven't been a fan off so far.

Based on what?

Doesn't make any sense.

Just now, quickpassnmove said:

Based on what?

Doesn't make any sense.

When he's played for Chelsea he never imposed himself on a game even close to enough. He movement was decent when the team had the ball, but didn't do enough when he had it and was a complete liability off it.

His best performances for us came vs league one opposition in the cup's, which made me think he found his level, few more performances like Saturday would make me re-evaluate however.

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

When he's played for Chelsea he never imposed himself on a game even close to enough. He movement was decent when the team had the ball, but didn't do enough when he had it and was a complete liability off it.

His best performances for us came vs league one opposition in the cup's, which made me think he found his level, few more performances like Saturday would make me re-evaluate however.

yea and the reason that makes zero sense is that he's barely played and when asked to do so, was arguably out of his natural position.

I think that you're not even making judgment on the player; you're probably reacting to the talk/hype of other fans regarding RLC.

Give him time and just forget it.

RLC has been played as a #10 or winger for the majority of his time here. Palace will be the first time he'll finally get to play in his preferred role.

Watching his highlights from last game, he seemed to playing almost as a 10/inverted winger for the majority of the game. He seemed to drop deeper later in the game though. I didn't watch the full match so I could be mistaken. So I'm not sure if he'll get to play in "preferred role" all the time.