test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tobey Gibson

12. Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Started by Tobey Gibson,

2,490 posts in this topic

Yes. This is the best season to test this guy out. Put him against Waycambe please Hose

I thought he would get a chance with the first team, seems Mourinho does not rate him as highly as others

Yep, that's why he just signed a new five year deal

I thought he would get a chance with the first team, seems Mourinho does not rate him as highly as others

He's 17, why in the world would you think he'd have any shot at the first team any time soon!

nono likes this

He's 17, why in the world would you think he'd have any shot at the first team any time soon!

His actually 18, turned 18 last season

Out of all the youth players at the club, Nathan Ake appears as the most likely to properly break through by far. The way the club has treated him tells me he's ahead of even Chalobah in the pecking order and it's easy to see why. he's very highly regarded.

He's 18, why in the world would you think he'd have any shot at the first team any time soon!

haha

He's 18, why in the world would you think he'd have any shot at the first team any time soon!

To be honest Iseah100, can you blame his pessimism? We've done this before, McEachran, Chalobah, Ake, etc. Youth prospects that we believe will break through and end up in the trash can. it's a reoccurring theme. Until Chelsea bring through, legitimately, a youth talent this pessimism will be justified.
iseah100 likes this

To be honest Iseah100, can you blame his pessimism? We've done this before, McEachran, Chalobah, Ake, etc. Youth prospects that we believe will break through and end up in the trash can. it's a reoccurring theme. Until Chelsea bring through, legitimately, a youth talent this pessimism will be justified.

I guess you have a point. But Chalobah is still young, just 19, Ake will break through soon. I hope Mourinho breaks the mold and gives these homegrown talents a chance. But i guess the pessimism is justified.

I guess you have a point. But Chalobah is still young, just 19, Ake will break through soon. I hope Mourinho breaks the mold and gives these homegrown talents a chance. But i guess the pessimism is justified.

Ake is the one I am most confident about, Then Brown but that is perhaps 3 years away and possibly Thorgan

Any chance he gets a look-in this season?

i think BAKER would be the player who gets some playtime and takes that position vacated by MVG.

Any chance he gets a look-in this season?

Doubt it, especially since he wasn't taken on tour.

I think Baker is the best placed of all the young players to feature.