Chelsea make it so FREAKING EASY TO BE HATED

the media hates Chelsea cause we aren't likeable. Jose is not really concerned about a Club's image when he's manager. Our players had this bully image and now they have this old and angry image. They complain like crap when the coach doesn't bow to their every desire. Seriously, Its so frustrating how players can feel so comfortable to complain about the manager so often publicly. He's a young manager yet it seems the board doesn't really seem concerned about defending him. ridiculously shameful.

We are the biggest and most successful team in London (recently), why the heck would the media wanna hate us? The board seriously needs to support avb; even if its privately. Just tell the players to shut up and stop compaining about their coach; they also should try and stay out of trouble off the field

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From a neutral perspective, viewing the fact the majority of the players who get paid ridiculous amounts and don't perform, the fact the veterans are standing against the manager, the fact youth rarely comes into play, the fact we spent around 200million euros on our squad and were losing against 15million squads, all honestly, i would view us pretty pathetically in how the garbage of the media is run

AVB is the one to blame. His media handling is woeful, and he hasn't really established himself at all, so it's not surprising that the media would want to mess with him. It's not a big deal, though. The media are as annoying and as harmless as a tiny little pimple.

AVB is the one to blame. His media handling is woeful, and he hasn't really established himself at all, so it's not surprising that the media would want to mess with him. It's not a big deal, though. The media are as annoying and as harmless as a tiny little pimple.

I agree. AVB could have been like Carlo, and avoided direct confrontations with the media. I admire his candor and the fact that he sticks up for the team, but the fact is unlike Fergie or Mourinho he hasn't become an established figure in these parts yet. Now with the results going against him, he's made himself an easy target for the media.

I have to admit I'd hate Chelsea if I wasn't such a die-hard. For the record, I hate arse-anal cos they want to win with peanut players to prove a point to us. I hate manure cos they keep winning even when they play crap. I hate looserpool cos we can't seem to beat them anymore. I hate spuds cos they are playing football the way we should. My point is, if people want to hate us, there is nothing we can do to stop them. Even barca has haters. IMO, getting a ucl spot is a greater worry than our "haters".

The media have hated us long before AVB was appointed. Even with Carlo the gentleman the stories about him being sacked never stopped during the second half of his second season here.

And for the record, that little pimple cost John the England captaincy.

I still feel like Man United are the most loved club, but also the most hated club. Man City is slowly catching up because all they did was spend big. People felt the same when we did it. Now that Man City stole that title from us (Big Spenders) we sort of hovering. Media just expect a lot from us thats all.

In the 1950's Chelsea were literally a joke. It was the time when the theatres still showed music hall shows. Shows always had what we now

call stand up comedians. One famous one was Tommy Trinder who was also the Fulham Chairman. He had a repertoire of jokes mocking

Chelsea. From that time till Ken Bates took over we were considered a likeable amusing club. We had popular players such as Bonetti

Osgood , Cooke and Nevin. We were traditionally inconsistent which added to our popularity with neutrals.

The rift with the media started with Ken Bates and the Press. You can see from recent events ,,,the press are above criticism.

They can dish it out ,,print complete lies ,,but woe betide anyone who dares to criticise them.

With the arrival of Roman and his money the Chelsea image changed. Now they were a serious threat to the much loved media favourites.

Not just a threat but actual winners . Are any losers less gracious than the media ,,possibly only SAF and Wenger.

Chelsea were now the "enemies of football". Jose was the devil fuelled by stolen oil.

I have always said that football has the worst media coverage of any sport. Massive quanntity of such poor quality.

The "pundits" ; compare their analysis with that in Rugby ,Cricket or Golf and you will see a massive lack of quality.

The press print pages of material much of which would not look out of place on this forum on a bad day.

The campaign against Chelsea is real and will cuntinue (freudian typo) as long as we are successful and Roman remains.

To use a Millwall phrase ,,,THEY ALL HATE US ...WE DON'T FUCKING CARE>

explain that rather spurious remark...or are you just trolling again?

I have to admit I'd hate Chelsea if I wasn't such a die-hard. For the record, I hate arse-anal cos they want to win with peanut players to prove a point to us. I hate manure cos they keep winning even when they play crap. I hate looserpool cos we can't seem to beat them anymore. I hate spuds cos they are playing football the way we should. My point is, if people want to hate us, there is nothing we can do to stop them. Even barca has haters. IMO, getting a ucl spot is a greater worry than our "haters".

I would say a little. :lol:

so ONE person is a lot ????? there is a tribe in the Pacific whose counting system is One ,,Two ,,,many ...perhaps you are from there.

No i count you as well, cause you always seems to have hate issues, always cursing at me and everything. :lol:

We've been really hated since Roman came and everyone kept saying we 'bought the league'. Just like we hate City now, because it seems they take most of our targets, the same happened with us when Roman first arrived and dished out the millions. People also blame us for inflating the transfer market when really that was Real Madrid in their first 'galacticos' era, and subsequently their second one.

They also hate us because according to most clubs we 'have no history' and so we didn't deserve such a heavy investment. A really stupid notion, but there you have it, people often like to forget we were actually doing quite well before Roman. Consistently a 5th place team, and occasional 4th. We were always a challenge during the Bates era, unlike Manchester City. It's easy for us to hate City because they're doing what we were used to.

I don't really blame most fans for hating us. But it's reassuring when most fans say "I'd rather Chelsea than United" or "I'd rather Chelsea get 4th than Arsenal or Liverpool". We're often the lesser of 2 evils these days :lol:

Secondly, our board doesn't help. A lot of neutrals felt sorry for Ranieri & Ancelotti. In fact I'm sure they also detested us in the Mourinho departure because they did recognise the talent of that fantastic manager. While they were happy he'd gone (for their results) everyone knew it was because of Roman & his board. They say we ruin world-class talent like Shevchenko and Torres. Failing to recognise that we elevated the careers of Ashley Cole, Michael Essien, Didier Drogba etc.

They don't like the fact John Terry's been our only academy talent to come through, in a long while. As the title says, rightly, Chelsea really do make it 'easy to be hated.'