95 members have voted

1. 1. will we finish top 4

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think we're going to finish third to be honest. Look at Spurs - their season has imploded. Since Redknapp's been linked seriously with the England job they've lost to City and Arsenal, and drawn with Stevenage in the FA Cup. The players are so obviously - and quite rightly - distracted by the future of the manager, and looking at the run of fixtures they now have, I wouldn't be surprised if we overtook them. Put it this way, we've been so shockingly awful and they've been apparently brilliant - but by the time we come to play them we'll probably end up only a couple of points behind. When the time comes that we string wings together, Spurs will be stunned in the wake of a Chelsea surge to automatic UCL Football.

I love your optimism but way too many players in this Chelsea side know FOR A FACT that they are not going to be at the club next season and that is terrible. Players like Malouda, Raul, Bosingwa, Kalou, Lampard, Drogba, Mikel, Ferreira and Hilario are all going to be either shown the door or if they don't want to leave they'll will be warming the bench. Lampard is deluded, he thinks that he deserves to be in the side on merit when in reality he does not and he's causing problems. I really thought he was better then that, Lampard never used to hang his dirty washing out for everyone to see. Drogba is in his final stages and he's only getting into the side because Torres is stale milk at the grand old age of 27 years of age. Malouda will probably make the French side for Euro 2012 and after that he'll be going to Brazil to finish his career like he has been saying for a while now.

Can anybody give me a good reason why these players would want to get us into a competition that the vast majority of them will not be playing in next season ? When we did it in 03-04 (just before Roman arrived) we had a bunch of hungry talented players who wanted to do it because the club had hardly played in the Championsleague, this is a different kettle of fish, most of these players who will be leaving at the end of the season are old run down players with medals in the cupboard. The only players who know they will be here next season and if they play well they will be in the starting 11 are Mata, Ramires, Sturridge........... even the likes of A.cole and Cech will probably face fierce competition next season. A.cole will be up against 2 young hungry left backs in Ryan and Pat who will look to show the manager that they are better then him. Cech could face the dilemma Carlo Cudicini had back in 04 were a young hungry Goalkeeper is trying to take his place !

I haven't see us in the top four since the begining of the season. If we finish there I will be pleasantly suprised. It's not a question of faith , for me it's just hard to believe that all those bad decisions won't come and bite us in the end. Of course balance of the squad and it's structure play big part in it.

Although I would love to be optimistic like most of the fans here.

Anyway, in some strange way I'm convinced that Liverpool will finish above us one way or another. So in my opinion we will play in CL only if Liverpool finish third. I know it's silly but that's the feeling I have had for quite some time and I don't like it.

Badboy maybe they will try harder towards the end to get themselves better contracts next season, if they indeed go?

Can anybody give me a good reason why these players would want to get us into a competition that the vast majority of them will not be playing in next season ?

trying to get us in the top 4 could be the last attempt to show the gaffer they're not old shoes, and they're still worth playing for us. I don't have a better answer, sorry :cry:

@Laura The vast majority of these players have no chance of staying here next season, we are going to have a massive clear out at the end of the season. The vast majority of these players will be looking for new clubs and they know it, I just don't see where the incentive will come from. Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham players have massive incentives to get in the top 4 not many of ours have an incentive.