1983-84

Fulham Broadway

Probably my best season to be a Chelsea fan along with 2004-5. There were regularly 5000-10000 at away games...

-rare footage. 6000 away at the barcodes

http://www.itnsource...+1+84&st=0&pn=1

Huge mob in the Holt End at Villa

http://www.itnsource...+2+84&st=0&pn=1

On the pitch demo

http://www.itnsource.com/shotlist//ITN/1981/05/02/AS020581008/?s=chelsea+0+notts+county+2+&st=0&pn=1

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I would agree this particular season was brilliant. If I remember we had just gone up and were taking thousands to matches. We had basically a full team which we bought including Nevin/Speedie/Dixon.

I also remember going to Anfield for an early kick off to find around 500 Glasgow Rangers fans in the ground supporting us . It was wild. The Liverpool fans wondered what was going on.

Also Full Members Cup Final which the press were taking the mickey out of saying that only 10000 would turn up. In fact 68000 turned up including around 45 thou CFC and 23 thou man city. oneo the best finals ive ever seen

• 3 weeks later...

There was two end of season do's, early nineties. One was at Villa where we all had beach gear on, 2-0 up and they came back to draw 2-2, all on the pitch after the game. A few Villa tried to mix it but were chased down the pitch by the somewhat strange site of Chelsea fans in Hawaiian Shorts and Jesus sandels.

There was one the following year, but maybe the year before, either way, I was utterly plastered, where the vast majority of Chels turned up dressed as the Blues Brothers. Quality day out. Great times.

• 1 month later...

Check out these prices for a couple of seasons before;

From the Club shop…

Rossette…30p

Dart flights…60p

Ladies briefs…£1.75

Chelsea shirt, size 38-40… £7.25

East upper

Front centre…£4.25

Front wings…£3.45

Rear centre…£2.90

Rear wings…£2.40

East Middle

Centre…£5.30

Inner wings…£4.25

Outer wings…£3.45

East Lower

Centre…£2.90

Wings…£2.40

West

Centre…£3.45

Wings…£2.90

Shed £1.60

Bench transfer 50p

Membership £3.00, renewals £2.00

• 2 months later...

Top, Top season, full of fabulous memories. The team, looking back, wasn't the greatest, but they all seemed to fight for the shirt. And we were a fantastic attacking force.

no one ever fought more than Speedie as Kerry testified....

The members cup ....was an amazing day at Wembley.

almost 30years ago...sigh