How to play like Lampard?

Melanicus

Bonjour!

As you know (or maybe not), I'm training football and a lot of coaches said I have really similar style of playing like Frank Lampard does. I also wear number 8 and it's big praise for me, because he's my role model. I'm playing as CAM/CM of my team and I have role of box to box or creative midfileder.

I'm average at dribbling, nothing special, only few skill moves. I rather pass than dribble.

My ball controll is pretty good, I use both foots, right is stronger one.

My passing is awesome, short passes and mostly long passes are one of my best traits. My vision is outstanding.

I mostly shoot from distance, because I have powerful long shot. I can also hit great volleys.

Tackling, hmm, it's not so good, but I can tackle. Standing better than sliding of course.

Heading is probably my worst side, I just can't stand hitting ball with head lol.

I'm not so strong, but agressive and it gives me more strength. I have good pace, but I can't run fast for a lot of time.

I'm good tactician, also captain of my team and I discuss tactics with our coach. I'm consistant performer and my team mates can rely on me. I get yellow (and red) cards, because of arguing with refrees and when someone pisses me off.

So, what to do to play more similar to Frank Lampard? Answer carefuly, maybe next Chelsea star is rising. :P

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to try playing like Lamps too. One thing I always tried to copy was the shooting technique of Lampard, as it's a very important part of his game IMO. So at the age of 12 I started to study his shooting ability, nothing more than watching millions of YT videos, but in the end it was probably the most important and intensive practice I've ever done to develop my personal game. When I was about 14 or 15 years old my coach said I really should consider attending a try-out of LAZ (football youth organisation in Austria) and I did. I was picked and given a contract, which I didn't want to sign because there were several other things I wanted to focus on. Yep, I wasted my possible football career...

I'm just telling you this because everybody said that I have a very similar playing style to Lampard and Gerrard, mainly because of my attacking skills, especially because of my shooting.

As I said before, try to practice your shooting technique if you really want to play like Lamps does. FK shooting, corners and long distance shots. I don't know if this will be very good for your own development and if it suits to you, because mainly everybody has its own style, but if you can really accomplish to shoot the ball like Lampard, you'll have a great weapon.

Try to practic you stamina too, if you have enough time to do that, your overall game will benefit a lot from it.

AND: penalty shooting! It's one of Lampard's best attributes!

There are two moves that I saw really special in frank's game:

- his timing in term of arriving late into the box

- When a winger receive a ball in the edge of the box, Lampard used to run to to the byline to give the winger more option and also give opposite fullback something to think about

I've noticed Lampard likes to receive the ball with his back to the opposition. He keeps it at his feet and usually waits for the other player to commit and turns the opposite way. Work on your short sprints so that when a winger crosses into the box you can time your run to perfection. In defense, stay with player but don't commit straight away. Jockey him until you can turn your body into his and use that to take the ball..

A good idea, also, is to practice taking free-kicks but deliberately hitting the wall every time.

He's actually getting that predictable now.

Most of my friends call me Lampard.My shots from long distance are the same like him in his good years.

My friends call me Mikel because I can't shoot for the love of God.