Lubos Kalouda

the wes

Chelsea have joined the hunt for Czech Republic starlet Lubos Kalouda, who has received an offer from CSKA Moscow.

Kalouda was wanted by Newcastle United during the January transfer window, but the Magpies were unable to conclude a deal with his club FC Brno.

Juventus also tried to sign the 20-year-old, with the midfielder perceived as a long-term replacement for compatriot Pavel Nedved at Stadio Delle Alpi.

However, interest in the youngster has increased, with Chelsea sending a scout to watch Kalouda in Brno's defeat at Plzen at the weekend.

The Blues may have to move quickly, though, after Brno's majority shareholder Roman Pros confirmed CSKA have lodged a bid.

Pros told CTK: "The Russian club have forwarded us their offer, we have told them our demands.

"In football terminology, the ball is on CSKA's side of the pitch.

"Considering that the transfer market in Russia closes on March 7, there is theoretically plenty of time for negotiations."

Kalouda, who was called up to the Czech Republic squad for the first time for the recent friendly with Poland, is trying to put the interest of other clubs to the back of his mind.

"I had some news, but try to keep it out of my mind," said Kalouda in reference to the scouts who have been watching him.

"Already in the autumn, representatives of various clubs travelled to Brno and I coped with it well then, so I have to put up with it now as well. I will not say more."

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You