test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

warnie_666

John Swift

Started by warnie_666,

97 posts in this topic

Esk: Could you give some feedback on this player named John Swift playing in the midfield of the under 15 team that we got. I did hear some good things about him but it was a while back.

Saw him recently in your videos of Milk Cup and he did a Cryuff turn in one of them to score a long range goal. Looked Super!!

Have only seen bits and pieces of him, but basically one of the best prospects we have at that level at the moment which is saying something. I would like to see some more of him, but he seems like he could be a big deal

Have only seen bits and pieces of him, but basically one of the best prospects we have at that level at the moment which is saying something. I would like to see some more of him, but he seems like he could be a big deal

How are we getting on at that level?

How are we getting on at that level?

Very strong group of players, very talented and possibly the best group we have brought through yet, time will tell though how they cope with the steps up in the next couple of years but it is exciting,

Looking forward to seeing more of swift next season, very hard to guage much of players from 3 minutes of highlights, once you see them playing 90 mins you know what they are all about.

Looking forward to seeing more of swift next season, very hard to guage much of players from 3 minutes of highlights

Really?!

I wouldn't post that in the transfer subforum :whistling:.

Really?!

I wouldn't post that in the transfer subforum :whistling:.

Ooops, your right. What i meant was that it is perfectly easy to guage a players ability from a 3 minute YouTube clip. I remember seeing a video of a quality goalscorer called Kezman.................................:unsure:

JohnSwiftProf.jpg?bc=White&as=1&h=152&w=188HarteKyle_TyronevSwiftJohn_Chelsea.jpg

John Swift

Born 23/6/95 in Portsmouth.

An England schoolboy international, John joined Chelsea as an Under 14.

He is a hard-working box-to-box midfielder who is technically strong and capable of scoring goals.

John appeared eight times for Chelsea's youth side as an Under 16.

Pre-Chelsea career

John has been at Chelsea since a young age.

Chelsea career

John made his debut in the academy team as an Under-15 during the 2009-10 season, making two appearances. He continued to make strides into the squad in 2010-11, whilst also captaining the club's Under-16 ranks, but the second half of his season was heavily interrupted by injury.

However, fully fit for the start of the 2011-12 season, Swift quickly became one of the Under-18 team's best players, weighing in with goals and assists in the first half of the season.

International

John has represented England at Under-16 and Under-17 levels, making his Under-16 debut against Wales in October 2010 during the Sky Sports Victory Shield.

This Lad has absolutly impressed me since last year when I saw him first, very much in the Josh Mood, unbeliveable slick passing and elegant movemant when at the ball, at the same time he seems physically better than joshy...

wont talk to much about him but hes one of the most outstanding talents in the youth, him, Chalobah and Affane seem to be the three very best players out of this crop of good player... include blackman to this list...

Have been looking forward to his breakthrough for a while now, impressive in last years Milk Cup. He really is a classy player. As Clevemayer said very much a similar style to Josh, but i said to my missus last night that Swift could possibly be better than Josh, his ability to get stuck in and break play up, come away with the ball and set attacks going with great skill and passing is fantastic. Always very difficult talking about players at this young age but John Swift has been a name talked about for a while now and definately one to keep an eye on in the future.

Clevemayer likes this

He seems to shoot the ball more often than Josh does... could develop into a great B2B player if everything goes well

Decent young player, hopefully this won't be the last we hear of him but hopefully the last we see of that awful barnet!!! (picture with him wearing that string thing around his head)