How can Chelsea claim to be rebuilding...

Chelsea?

When we haven't gotten rid of anyone? Peter Chec, Terry, Lampard and Drogba are the old chelsea and we all know this. yet we claimed this would be a transition year and these guys are still around. how can we not transfer any player that was over 30 last summer? simple example of how these veterans are affecting our team.

Vs Man city, we got a penalty and Mata was gonna take it, but Lampard, being on the field for about 10min, steps to the spot instead, and Mata had to step back and let lamps take it.

Vs Villa (i think) Drogba takes the penalty when it seemed Mata was the designated PK taker without lamps that day.

By none of these examples I'm i trying to say lamps and grogba were selfish or even wrong. But it pretty obvious that Mata, who has performed better than Lamps n drogs (imo) has less power in the squad than these older guards.

We need to replace these players. Lampard needs to be replaced, not just in the first 11. Drogba also. These players are too "powerful" which blocks our new players from expressing themselves. We simply should not bring Lampard, Drogba, Malouda, and Kalou back.

Messi was good with Ronaldinho around, but the second Ronaldinho left, Messi became a world beater. Players step up when they have a leadership role. You shouldn't waste your leadership roles on players that are losing a step. My suggestions for Chelsea:

Transfers this summer:

Lampard - great player, but his accomplishments make it hard to drop him to bench. It also makes it harder for younger players to take leadership roles.

Drogba - similar to Lampard's situation

Torres - I don't think our team fits him

Malouda, Kalou, Bosingwa, Feriera(?) and Raul Mierales are wild cards. only replace them if there's alternatives.

Bring in:

(My bring in is obviously assuming everything works like a video game and there's really no intangibles blocking the transfers)

Di Maria - seems to want out, He's the best winger in the world; we need a winger -40mil

Ayew - also a very promising winger that tracks back. he'll be pretty cheap and doesn't have to start many games for Chelsea. he seems a hard working. -15mil

Hazard -not as big a priority as Di Maria but he can become an awesome player here. 35mil

a CF - not sure if there's a better option than Cavani but we should certainly try to bring one in. Danny boy cannot be our main CF going into the next year. he will be a backup CF and RW, if he's not happy and underperforms we should look at Willian or another winger that's not as "ambitious" as Danny boy seems to be.. CF - 30mil

This spending spree will cost about 120mill. around 90 mill if you add our player sales.

Our typical match day squad

------------------Chec

Ivan-------Luiz-------Terry------Cole

-----------Ramirez--Romeu-----------

Di Maria--------Mata-----------Hazard

------------------Cavani?--------------------

Bench-- Turnbull, Stturidge. Cahill, Essien, Ayew, Josh M?

Edited by Chelsea?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a huge wishlist, I think at the best we can get 2 of those 3. We can't afford to splash 120 million on wingers, we need a playmaker, and a right back who can offer more than Ivanovic going forward but more than Bosingwa when defending. We also need to promote Bertrand/van Aanholt or buy a new left back as Ashley just doesn't have it in him these days to play 50 games a season.

It's not going to happen overnight. You can't just sell a player like Lamps, Drogs, Terry etc. If the other club doesn't agree with there wage demands, they won't leave! The only hope is if these MLS or cashed up russian teams come in and agree to pay them overs. Besides, getting rid of experienced players will only get you another Arsenal team. I know most of you find it hard to believe, but having experince in the aquad is just as important as anything else. Man united have proved that in the last 20 years..

The dressing room cabal of untouchables must go , I would keep Terry for his leadership provided he accepted things must change.

OUT Drogba Cole Lampard Bosingwa Essien Malouda ,,Torres, Turnbull Hilario Fereira

Leading from the Front ROMAN AVB ,,,,,squad Cech Both Cliffords Cahill Luiz Bertrand Van arnholt hutchinson Chaloblh

Romeu Mikel Ramires Mata kalou sturridge KDB Lukaku Piazon Mitrovic melis ,,,brught back from loan

Delac Coutois kalas Bruma Kakuta Mc Eachran and Ben ayoun for experience

IT wont win the PL next year............BUT it could in 3 years time and in the interim see young players deperate to play.

THEY would havemy full support in the hope that it could lead to a period of sustained success,

Ths savings on salaries would be immense and would fund one or two major signings a year

That's a huge wishlist, I think at the best we can get 2 of those 3. We can't afford to splash 120 million on wingers, we need a playmaker, and a right back who can offer more than Ivanovic going forward but more than Bosingwa when defending. We also need to promote Bertrand/van Aanholt or buy a new left back as Ashley just doesn't have it in him these days to play 50 games a season.

"Playmakers" aren't want will be needed if we get some of these guys. when you try to come up with even 5 "playmakers" in the world, its pretty hard. If we can bring in either Di Maria or Eden, along with Mata we should have enough PM. even more that city usually have on the field with their regular 11.

Terry and Cech must stay for adult leadership. along with Essien and Cole, players that are older but don't seem like they will cause much trouble in the dressing room.

It might be a wish list but we spent about 50+ mill last summer and our squad feels as thin as last year.

Couldn't agree more. No more signings like Mata please.

And no more signings like Drogba and Essien, they just haven't quite done it. We need proven premiership players who are guaranteed to be awesome like Torres and Meireles.

As for the opening post, i agree a lot except it's not easy to just chuck out the old guard and replace em just like that. That team you put up looks nice but Di Maria is not the best winger in the world, i'd probably take Navas or Lavezzi over him because he's a dirty cheat and Hazard wants to go to Tottenham. Also, i would still not have Luiz over Cahill at CB. We'll have to see what the Chelsea team is in 2015 if u want a lot of change. City-esque.

And no more signings like Drogba and Essien, they just haven't quite done it. We need proven premiership players who are guaranteed to be awesome like Torres and Meireles.

As for the opening post, i agree a lot except it's not easy to just chuck out the old guard and replace em just like that. That team you put up looks nice but Di Maria is not the best winger in the world, i'd probably take Navas or Lavezzi over him because he's a dirty cheat and Hazard wants to go to Tottenham. Also, i would still not have Luiz over Cahill at CB. We'll have to see what the Chelsea team is in 2015 if u want a lot of change. City-esque.

:lol:

Di Maria

Hazard

Cavani

Ayew

We won't let Roman build a new stadium so that he can get some sort of return on his investment but want him to casually open his chequebook and part with £150m

which is exactly why I support the new stadium. why do most people oppose it again? and when can we realistically expect a new stadium?

which is exactly why I support the new stadium. why do most people oppose it again? and when can we realistically expect a new stadium?

we can't expect a new stadium until Chelsea FC show the Chelsea Pitch Owners what the stadium would look like, where it would be etc. so the pitch owners vote in favour of selling Stamford Bridge back to the club and they can build a new ground. :)

This season has been a transition guys, look at our results! We still have a manager after that? Definitely transition, no instant sacking haha. Would be nice to see it on the field though

yes, "transition" is the right word. And sacking the manager won't be a good idea, I don't want us to become like Palermo fc (13 managers in 11 years)! we have to rebuild, ok, but it has to be done gradually.