Gustavo Poyet

James

my own memories of Gus.

can remember when he was first introduced to the SB Faithful in that big sandy coloured coat..i was right at the back of the east upper and still thought fook he`s a big boy..i guess it was just because we so many little players at the time tho like Ernie,Zola,Jody Morris,Myers etc..

going to a rave the night before a chelsea game against newcastle and me and my mate still being off our faces,Gus scored the only goal in a 1-0 win and me and my mate just getting shall we say "emotional" over Gus to the point where others must have surely known we were off our faces.

up at Everton in a 0-0 draw..we couldn`t get in the away end so went "undercover" in the main home stand opposite from the away end...Gus was running to try and stop the ball go out for a throw-in and Richard Dunne flew in double footed on him ,then Gus went flying.totally uncalled for..which resulted in me having a moment of torrets and shouted "you dirty scouse cunts". whilst surrounded by about 9,000 scousers..haha. Dunne got sent off,later on in the game Wise got sent off..and after that me and my two mates must have been steaming because we just spent the last 20 minutes singing Chelsea songs. still havent got my head around the fact we didnt get our heads kicked in that day..i guess they must have thought we were a bit mental or that we were part of a bigger group of Chelsea boys,i dunno..

scored some great goals in Europe and Prem..

he might have soiled himself a lil by playing for the white shite but he`ll always have my love.

Brilliant -laughed at the bit about you and your mate being off yer faces.

I remember the goal against the barcodes in the Semi and the bullet of a shot against SS Lazio. One of those players that is 100% committed.

One of Ranieris' mistakes offloading him.

Update; Hes said he'd be ''an idiot to go for the West Ham job '' :yes:

Used to frustrate me a bit as he never offered anything defensivley but always gave his all....

The thing that makes Poyet stand out for me is the story of when he done that prick Keane.........apparently Wise was winding keane up at half time in the tunnel when Keane went for him, Poyet them took off his boot and swung it at Keane's head as he ducked. Story goes that Keane shite himself......

Used to frustrate me a bit as he never offered anything defensivley but always gave his all....

The thing that makes Poyet stand out for me is the story of when he done that prick Keane.........apparently Wise was winding keane up at half time in the tunnel when Keane went for him, Poyet them took off his boot and swung it at Keane's head as he ducked. Story goes that Keane shite himself......

laugh.giflaugh.gif

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Right, never posted before but sometimes log in to get a general consensus (no spell check) .... Had to post on this cause your all mental if your gonna back poyet! I'll never forget what he done for us, but kissing the y*d badge infront of us, he knew what it meant! A player of poyets quality can pick what club he plays for ie. Duffers! .... Cudicini is somewhere in the middle of the two, divorced his wife because she wanted to go home and he stayd with us so gotta give him that, what winds me up about that is I do believe he went for regular football and ended up sittin on there bench .... Still went to the y*ds tho so no sympathy ..... I hope poyet gets booed throughout for being a judas, its the man not the player that brings the love of the fans ....... Everyone loved sheva and he was pony for us .... But appreciated us, clapped at every oppurtunity, banged one in at WHL and if was offered now, I believe he would turn down the opportunity to play for them #wef*ckinhatepoyet

Right, never posted before but sometimes log in to get a general consensus (no spell check) .... Had to post on this cause your all mental if your gonna back poyet! I'll never forget what he done for us, but kissing the y*d badge infront of us, he knew what it meant! A player of poyets quality can pick what club he plays for ie. Duffers! .... Cudicini is somewhere in the middle of the two, divorced his wife because she wanted to go home and he stayd with us so gotta give him that, what winds me up about that is I do believe he went for regular football and ended up sittin on there bench .... Still went to the y*ds tho so no sympathy ..... I hope poyet gets booed throughout for being a judas, its the man not the player that brings the love of the fans ....... Everyone loved sheva and he was pony for us .... But appreciated us, clapped at every oppurtunity, banged one in at WHL and if was offered now, I believe he would turn down the opportunity to play for them #wef*ckinhatepoyet

Bro since that time, Gus has come correct & said that he played for spudz, but won Championships w/ Chelsea & that Chelsea will always be higher in his heart than spudz. Look it up. There is video reference to this. I wouldn't say Gus is a Judas, but more like the CFC Prodigal Son. He left the Bridge & realized that what he had could not be replicated. I give him prompts of recognizing this fact & would gladly welcome him back. True he kissed the spudz badge, but it was in a moment of confusion. Forgive & Forget my friend & welcome to TalkChelsea. I hope you have many happy posts here like me ;)

• 5 months later...

Corals have stopped taking bets on him being the next manager at Chelsea....

I saw the stick he was getting from our end when he was warming up at the Yids and he was upset and generally pissed off as well as surprised. Since then he has done interviews where he has explained why he went there.

bottom line hes an ex Blue and a miles better option than FSW

Corals have stopped taking bets on him being the next manager at Chelsea....

I saw the stick he was getting from our end when he was warming up at the Yids and he was upset and generally pissed off as well as surprised. Since then he has done interviews where he has explained why he went there.

bottom line hes an ex Blue and a miles better option than FSW

Please be true that will make this second half of the season so much more enjoyable... I could even deal with it being confirmed he will take over in june then at least we know a time scale. PLLLLLLLLLEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEE FINGERS TOES AND EVERYTHING CROSSED.