Olivier Giroud

ack17

I won't lie, Podolski & Giroud for £20m is very good business on Arsenal's part. But if this is them preparing for Van Persie's exit, they'll be a (significantly) weakened team next term.

Why is it good business ? Because Arsens bought these players cheaply ?

We all know, Wenger shops at second hand stores.

That Frenchie was making 15,000 € a week. Now, what kind of player is it at that low wage ?

I would say, not much there.

Do not worry much. These two are not in Hazard´s league.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you worry about some Giroud ?

One good season of last year. Nothing to brag about. Podolski is good player for Germany. As a club player he was benched most of the time.

The nippers of Arsenal is the last club you folks should be worried about.

Chelsea´s challenge will come from MCity, Manuni & not some pathetic Arsens.

Oh god images_smilies_facepalm.gif

The fact is that the Arsenal recruitment is rather very heterogeneous so far. Podolsky is awfully overrated, he's a mediocre player. Giroud is a very good pick. The main thing they lacked was variation in their play, Wenger seems to want to add different players for a different game plan not based exclusively on ball possession around the box anymore

Why is it good business ? Because Arsens bought these players cheaply ?

We all know, Wenger shops at second hand stores.

That Frenchie was making 15,000 € a week. Now, what kind of player is it at that low wages ?

I would say, not much there.

Do not worry much. These two are not in Hazard´s league.

I didn't say they were in Hazard's league. Then again, Arsenal aren't in the same league as Chelsea (any more), financially, and their purchases in the transfer windows reflect that.

Fact is, Podolski is an established, experienced international with over 100 appearances for Germany. Giroud was top scorer in Ligue 1, the same league as Hazard btw, and is ambitious to prove himself at a bigger club. Who cares what wages he is on? Why should that dictate your opinion of the quality of the player?

They've completed the deals before either had played at the Euros which could potentially up their prices/demands. Even if you hate Arsenal, you cant deny that's good business, you also cant deny that Arsenal's finances are very much in order.

I didn't say they were in Hazard's league. Then again, Arsenal aren't in the same league as Chelsea (any more), financially, and their purchases in the transfer windows reflect that.

Fact is, Podolski is an established, experienced international with over 100 appearances for Germany. Giroud was top scorer in Ligue 1, the same league as Hazard btw, and is ambitious to prove himself at a bigger club. Who cares what wages he is on? Why should that dictate your opinion of the quality of the player?

They've completed the deals before either had played at the Euros which could potentially up their prices/demands. Even if you hate Arsenal, you cant deny that's good business, you also cant deny that Arsenal's finances are very much in order.

Podolski might be established on German team. As a club player, nothing there for a couple of years.

As for Giroud. One season. Even Chamakh was deemed as a great goal scorer. Where is he these days ?

I do not hate any team or Arsenal. As a matter of fact when I see Wenger in his coat pacing around, he reminds me of an outpatient from some nut-house.

As for Arsen´s finances. Who cares, do you ?

I am very pleased to have Roman as an owner who spends money to better the team. Don´t you ?

Screw all FFP. Billionaires like him do not care much about some petty cash. Let him buy more players, The more, the better. Hulk, Debuchy, Wiel anybody whom he desires. I like that.

Podolski might be established on German team. As a club player, nothing there for a couple of years.

As for Giroud. One season. Even Chamakh was deemed as a great goal scorer. Where is he these days ?

I do not hate any team or Arsenal. As a matter of fact when I see Wenger in his coat pacing around, he reminds me of an outpatient from some nut-house.

As for Arsen´s finances. Who cares, do you ?

I am very pleased to have Roman as an owner who spends money to better the team. Don´t you ?

Screw all FFP. Billionaires like him do not care much about some petty cash. Let him buy more players, The more, the better. Hulk, Debuchy, Wiel anybody whom he desires. I like that.

Of course, they're not at a level suitable for a club like ours. But they are good signings for a club like Arsenal, and as such, they've done well to sign them for the prices quoted/the timing of the deals, which I consider good business.

Of course I care about finances, as should you, as should any fan. We all love Roman spending big and attracting a calibre of player that Arsenal can only dream of, but football is a business these days, and in order to be a successful business, your books have to be in order. We're able to sign players of Hazard's calibre because of the huge cash injection that comes with CL football, compare that to the players we were linked with when we looked like only having Europa League football this coming season (Willian etc).

Oh and by the way, if you truly do want Van der Wiel at Chelsea, I suggest you be careful what you wish for...

Of course, they're not at a level suitable for a club like ours. But they are good signings for a club like Arsenal, and as such, they've done well to sign them for the prices quoted/the timing of the deals, which I consider good business.

Of course I care about finances, as should you, as should any fan. We all love Roman spending big and attracting a calibre of player that Arsenal can only dream of, but football is a business these days, and in order to be a successful business, your books have to be in order. We're able to sign players of Hazard's calibre because of the huge cash injection that comes with CL football, compare that to the players we were linked with when we looked like only having Europa League football this coming season (Willian etc).

Oh and by the way, if you truly do want Van der Wiel at Chelsea, I suggest you be careful what you wish for...

What are you talking about ?

Roman does not care about FFP. If you do not see it, then we do not have anything to about here.

Perhaps, you should root for other club & not for high rollers of Chelsea.

See you. I am watching Fernando now.

What are you talking about ?

Roman does not care about FFP. If you do not see it, then we do not have anything to about here.

Perhaps, you should root for other club & not for high rollers of Chelsea.

See you. I am watching Fernando now.

Are you that ignorant to think that the owner of one of Europe's biggest clubs is unaware of UEFA club rulings?

Thanks for the advice, but I think i'll stick to supporting my boyhood club, even if it does mean being grouped in with the likes of you.

Are you that ignorant to think that the owner of one of Europe's biggest clubs is unaware of UEFA club rulings?

Thanks for the advice, but I think i'll stick to supporting my boyhood club, even if it does mean being grouped in with the likes of you.

You support whoever you want. I do not care much.

Of course he is aware of some ruling you dimwit, but he most likely have ways to avoid it.

I'm guessing Robin's not extending his contract then. For the money that Arsenal will get for him, which is probably around 25 mill, they have done good business getting two great players.

If M'villa signs plus a proper defender I think they'll be just fine without V. Persie.

I'm guessing Robin's not extending his contract then. For the money that Arsenal will get for him, which is probably around 25 mill, they have done good business getting two great players.

If M'villa signs plus a proper defender I think they'll be just fine without V. Persie.

probably not extending, but i think he will remain at arsenal for another year and go on a bosman in 2013

Oh god images_smilies_facepalm.gif

The fact is that the Arsenal recruitment is rather very heterogeneous so far. Podolsky is awfully overrated, he's a mediocre player. Giroud is a very good pick. The main thing they lacked was variation in their play, Wenger seems to want to add different players for a different game plan not based exclusively on ball possession around the box anymore

Correct. He tried that with Chamakh but it was a failed experiment (albeit not too much of a failure - he came on a free, didn't he?!). Arsene is looking for another string to his bow, and he's certainly got that in Podolski and Giroud.

Correct. He tried that with Chamakh but it was a failed experiment (albeit not too much of a failure - he came on a free, didn't he?!). Arsene is looking for another string to his bow, and he's certainly got that in Podolski and Giroud.

Shouldn't this thread be closed/locked now? I mean Giroud is joining Arsenal.

I never thought Chamakh was a failure, I seem to remember that he was doing OK and scoring till RVP came back from injury and he was completely dropped by Wenger, never gave him a chance since.

I think the Podolski signing is much more likely to turn into a total waste of money for Arsenal. He only plays well when surrounded by the likes of Ozil, Sweinstiger, Klose...etc. At Koln, he's average at best.

Giroud, on the other hand, I think will prove to be an important signing for the gunners, though they will still be a weakened side without RVP.

Podolski's best season came eight years ago in the 2.Budesliga. He failed at Bayern Munich only to return to Koln, I feel he will fail at Arsenal to return to Koln. I don't want him to fail, I quite like him as a player but any Gooner expecting die Mannschaft Podolski will be greatly disappointed.