Olivier Giroud

ack17

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you even compare Gervinho to Giroud? Gervinho is brainless, sweaty player, while Giroud has great positioning in the box and is in the right place at the right time.

Sorry if my post confused you. I didn't compare the players, not in the slightest. I merely compared the expectations...

I'm afraid they can.

Gervinho was expected to be a big hit in the Premier League, just as Giroud is expected to be.

There you go. I just proved they can?

You don't have to read papers to know if a player will hit or not.

Some people consider in France that Premier League as the country which championship hasn't any good goalkeeper and where wingers are shite. It's awful to think the Gervinho-Sow combo was regarded as two of the best players in Ligue 1.

I follow Giroud since he came at Tours 4 seasons ago, he passed a new step every season (look at the summary I made the page before) and everytime he managed to improve his playing level. Why not one more time ? Especially because he's a good mentality, not like the Gervinho, Gomis, Gignac. And he hasnt Chamakh's 15 years old striker mentality

At the moment I think he could be a 1st choice at Spurs, Everton. At Bayern, Arsenal, Chelsea where he's linked he can be the 2nd choice. But with the guarantee his 2nd season would be really even better than the 1st.

I don't like the quick considerations like "Eredivisie or Ligue 1 is full of overrated players". Like everywhere there are good or overrated players, the main thing is to be able to sort them

But we can offer him enormous wages, he'll chose the club where he'd play the most often. I remember at Tours, he has never hidden his admiration for the english game and as he was the striker of a promoted team in 2nd division he was scouted by Celtic and Middlesbrough. He stayed.

He could have gone anywhere but he chose then Montpellier who ended how everyone know, as champions 3 years after being promoted