Ben Sahar

PaulHopkins

Chelsea forward Ben Sahar has joined Eredivisie side De Graafschap on a six-month loan deal.

The Israel international spent the first half of the season on loan at Portsmouth but he did not have the opportunity to impress.

FC Utrecht had hoped to take Sahar in January but they have now been pipped by Dutch rivals De Graafschap.

De Graafschap are currently languishing in 17th place in the Eredivisie and Sahar will want to help fire them up the table.

The 19-year-old has previously had loan spells in the Championship with Queens Park Rangers and Sheffield Wednesday.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Goal.com is reporting that Dutch giants Ajax are interested in signing Chelsea youngster Ben Sahar.

The striker is currently on loan at Doetinchem outfit De Graafschap.

The Israeli international joined Chelsea in 2006, but the 19 year old has spent much of the time farmed out on loan to other

Ajax have denied holding an interest in Chelsea striker Ben Sahar, who is currently on loan in Holland with De Graafschap.

The Israel international joined Chelsea in the summer of 2006 but has made only three Premier League appearances as a substitute for The Blues.

The vast majority of his playing time has come in successive loan spells, with Sahar enjoying moves to Hapoel Tel Aviv, QPR, Sheffield Wednesday, Portsmouth and now De Graafschap.

The 19-year-old striker has scored three goals in ten Eredivisie games with the club and it was reported that Dutch giants Ajax had taken note of his performances.

However, technical manager Danny Blind has denied that a move for Sahar is in the pipline.

“We watch every good player, the rest is complete nonsense,” Blind told Elf Voetbal.

“There is currently nothing between Ajax and Ben Sahar. I do have an opinion of him, but I do not have the player.”

• 1 month later...

According to Omroep Gelderland, German outfit Borussia Dortmund are closely monitoring the situation of talented youngster Ben Sahar. The Chelsea striker is currently on loan at De Graafschap.

The 20-year-old appears to be surplus to requirements at Chelsea and is expected to leave the London outfit on a permanent basis in the upcoming transfer window.

Sahar was already being linked with Dutch sides Ajax, NEC and Vitesse before, but Bundesliga outfit Borussia Dortmund are now reportedly sitting in pole position to secure the Israeli international's services.

Dortmund have been in the market for a new striker ever since the departure of Argentinean attacker Diego Klimowicz to Bochum last winter. They're also being linked with Colo Colo hit-man Lucas Barrios.

Sahar's current Chelsea deal expires in 2011, but several reports have suggested that the English side are ready to cash in on the player this summer.

Feel a little bit sorry for Sahar. He was rushed up level after level in a very short space of time and then sent straight out on loan. In my opinion he was given too much pressure too soon. No idea what the futire holds for him now, but i would be suprised if it is at Chelsea.

Feel a little bit sorry for Sahar. He was rushed up level after level in a very short space of time and then sent straight out on loan. In my opinion he was given too much pressure too soon. No idea what the futire holds for him now, but i would be suprised if it is at Chelsea.

He was never to be a Premiership striker imo, let alone a top four frontman -very little finesse, or ability to hold the ball up....

Too many prospects have failed to live upto the hype..

I have too many hopes on stoch.. Esk is partly to be blamed :P if he doesn't make the cut i'll give up on the youth...

lol, don't blame me!!!! The problem is we find it so hard to give the young players a chance in the first team, especially without continuity in the manager.....

Its not that. The reason we are not playing youth players is because at a club like Chelsea who are continuously challenging for trophies, you need to play experienced top-flight footballers, not 17 year-olds who haven't played against the likes of Liverpool or Manchester United.

He seemed to stagnate really when he had all that trouble with the Israeli Army, I think if he didn't have that he may have progressed more.

Its not that. The reason we are not playing youth players is because at a club like Chelsea who are continuously challenging for trophies, you need to play experienced top-flight footballers, not 17 year-olds who haven't played against the likes of Liverpool or Manchester United.

Exactly what Jose said.When everyone was going on about the amazing Arsenal young team he said himself something like 'I'd love to do what Wenger build a young sqaud' but cause of pressure he said he couldnt

Man Utd don't seen to have a problem playing youngsters at any given time. And i wouldn't say that any of the players Man U have played are any better than players we have, for example Wellbeck played in the FA Youth Cup game and although he looked good he didn't look any better than Nouble or Borini.

Frank Arneson talked a little about Ben recently, he said that what happens next season to Sahar will depend on the new manager. Sahar will be back in the summer so the new manager can look over him and a descision will be made.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You