Ben Sahar

PaulHopkins

Chelsea's young Israeli striker Ben Sahar is ready to sign for struggling Sheffield Wednesday on loan for the rest of the season.

Owls boss Brian Laws has made an approach for the powerful forward who will be allowed to leave Stamford Bridge to gain first-team experience.

Sahar is back in the reserves at Chelsea after a loan spell at QPR ended with injury problems - but he is keen for a second shot at the Championship.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheffield Wednesday in Chelsea talks for Sahar

tribalfootball.com - February 16, 2008

spacer.gif

Sheffield Wednesday are set to snap up Chelsea striker Ben Sahar. Owls boss Brian Laws has made an approach for the powerful forward who will be allowed to leave Stamford Bridge to gain first-team experience.

Sahar is back in the reserves at Chelsea after a loan spell at QPR ended with injury problems - but he is keen for a second shot at the Championship.

What i have seen of him he does not look good enough !

What you must be Kiding me!!......He is one of the most talented strikers in Europe...and he is CFC future you will see him and his talent not so long from now!

Sahar had a sensational first 3/4 of last season where his rise was meterioric. Since then he has really struggled, and this season his form has been very very poor. The lad needs games again to get his level to where it can be, the talent is there and now we need to bring it out again, could be a good move for him if he gets the games.

Agree he's been pretty poor, and dont think he'll ever cut it for the first team tbh. Just doesnt read the game well enough. Wish him well though.

He still can do, he is still very young, and has a good couple of years development ahead of him still. He has hit a rut and he needs to get out of it. From what i saw of him in the reserves last week he is trying too hard at the moment.

With the quality of the team , it would be extremely unlikely that someone like Sahar wiould make it as regular starter, given the status of the club and the quality of strikers in the world available. Just not good enough.

It depends doesn't it, if you judge any 18 year old striker, even the best then they are going to come up short against the likes of Drogba, Anelka and Shevchenko. Doesn't mean with the right development they can't make that level, they certainly own't be at that level at 18.

He may develop into a world Class striker, but from what I've seen of him, that 'instinct ' Analka, Shvchenko have can't be taught and he doesnt have it in my book. Probably end up at Charlton , or West Ham at tops.

He did have it, he had the promise of being a strong player who can hold the ball up and have a wicked shot on him as well as the skill. His peak came in scoring for the Israel full team, that was when we saw the absolute Best of Sahar, unfortunately since then it has gone missing for whatever reason.

Injury?

Yes he did suffer from injury just when he was about to start a loan spell with QPR, scored a couple of goals for them in a pre season friendly, they got excited and then he got injured and never managed to recover from it.

But to be honest his lack of form started before that at the end of last season....

Personally, i still think he can make it, time is on his side. A final descision won't be made on him for another 2 or 3 years at least. But the next year is going to be crucial for him....

It depends doesn't it, if you judge any 18 year old striker, even the best then they are going to come up short against the likes of Drogba, Anelka and Shevchenko. Doesn't mean with the right development they can't make that level, they certainly own't be at that level at 18.

I am certain people were saying Drogba could not compare at age 18 to the likes of Cantona, Maradona and Pele.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You